Bits of stopper in the brew.

robdog

Im only using a 21g pin now and im still getting bits of stopper break off when i filter. Would it do real harm if ijected because they are only small and im worried i wont see it and inject it in myself.

Those bits would have to be damn small to make it up the shaft of the pin. Hard enough getting oil through those pins, much less pieces of the stopper.

I'm kind of surprised that a 21G pin did that to your stopper. Is the stopper well used, or do you poke the stopper at the same place sometimes? I wonder if it is just a cheap stopper or what. I draw with 20G, although I wish I had purchasesd 21G.

Last edited:
DougoeFre5h said:
Id stay away from em, if you see them floating around suck it up and get rid of it. Ive done this a few times.

I've done this many times too. It's a pain in the ass b/c you have to see that it actually gets sucked up, then i try to get it so it's in the needle and detach the needle then try to get it out from there.

deadbeatrec said:
yea until u inject it into your leg of somthing and get a huge infection
While I don't want stopper pieces in my muscles, I doubt that it would cause an infection, or an infection to the point of becoming an abcess.

deadbeatrec said:
yea until u inject it into your leg of somthing and get a huge infection

another brilliant post. =0l

it wont flow thru a smaller guage pin. it wil stop it up. plus its virtually impossible to suck it up into a syringe anyway. it will just float around in there til the vials empty more often than not. how do i know this? because i have experinece with this. i dot just randomly post stuff to get my post count up.

i guess you have experience with this?

next time take jes a minute to think before you post something.

Last edited:
Like Mranank said, the rubber won't cause an infection. If it's going to do that, it will do it with or without a piece of a stopper in it. But if it does get through you pin, it's not something you'd want going into your muscle. Take the time to fish it out or refilter if it comes to it.

Back