Blood test results (21, male)

With an aromatase inhibitor. Your body is converting a good chunk of your test into estrogen. An Aromatase inhibitor (AI) will stop this conversion, allowing your body to build up its testosterone levels.

I am curious how MUCH you gain from an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) though. (I suck at conversions, but isn't that like 305.73ng/dL TT and 56.11pg/dL E2?)

Usually a 35-50 % increase in TT. I calculate approx.(this is my observations from personal labs and reading endo journals) that while on the lowest dose of ADEX, it makes your TT approx. 70% more Bioavailable.

i.e.

I had 9.2 nmol/l TT and my BIO T was 7.1 nmol/l while on low dose ADEX

what country are you in ?
there was absolutely no reason a doc should have put you on TRT. You are 21 and they need to find the problem before writing scripts for a "trial" of TRT.
The dose you were on E3Weeks is not a good choice.
usual starting doses are 200 mg E2W.
Then it gets to 100 EW and then you go from there with labs....
Once you know your stuff and try to get your TRT fine tuned or "dialed in" as they say...
you can do shots E3D and have steady hormones barely any E2increase...
but you need to find a doc that treats the high E2.
Most endos don't want to touch it...nor do they test for it...keep in mind.
They would need to write you a script for an AI which is "off label" and they just don't want the hassle or responsibility.

Another update.

The Endo took me off that TRT trial in September 2013, without any PCT. I was in the worst place in my life where my symptoms were exacerbated for 5 months until around February 2014, I'm guessing my HPTA 'recovered', I went back to 'pre-trt' feeling bad.

In April 2014 my Endo finally decided to prescribe me an AI, after harassing him with medical studies showing its use in raising T levels. He also finally agreed with me that I have a high level of aromatisation and that at 23y/o this would be my best bet at trying to encourage my natural T level without compromising fertility. This is off label in the UK and he was a little nervous, I am one of very few in the UK where this has been prescribed.

'Baseline' bloods were taken, I was surprised at the results, given that I still felt terrible, maybe my HPTA 'restart' gave me a boost? ;

April 2014 'Baseline'

Test: 13.9nmol (8.6 - 28.8 )
LH: 4.3ul/l (1-8 )
FSH: 11.3ul/l (1-8 )
E2: 76pmol (40-150)
SHBG 18.2 (18-45)
FAI : 76%

--Various Previous bloods--
Testosterone - 10.6/9.6/8.7/9.4 (8.6-28.8 )
SHBG -8 - 13 (18-28.8 )
E2 - 206/222/150/276 (50-150)
LH & FSH - 6 (1-8 )

Protocol, 4 months @ 1mg Anastrozole EOD. Stop treatment immediately if I experience any adverse effects, bloods to be taken after trial.

I am 1 month into the AI therapy. I feel a huge difference. I have experienced some of the positive effects below

-Sleeping like a log - awaking fully refreshed.
-very vivid sex dreams (some very strange, and morally questionable?????)

-No irritability at all when interacting with people.
-Erections morning & nocturnal wood.
-Penis vascularity & blood flow unrecognisable.

-Crystal clear cognitive mind-set.
- No achy arms, shoulders, legs.
- Baseline mood is very good and I feel content and happy.
- I have motivation

thats great to hear man. seems like you had a rough road to feeling better. I hate to bash doc's but they really are in the dark on these issues for some reason. This is a great place to come ask questions and research things for yourself so you can educate your doctor and get yourself feeling better. It's nice to see the guys here helped you out.

To put things into context. My physique.13 stone @ 6ft.

ep5u.jpg

You don't want to go any lower with Estradiol than your last lab where it was 76 pmol/l.
I felt anxious below that level...(personally speaking)and achy joints too.
That's quite a high dose...
I would suggest using the lowest dose possible EOD.
You can crash your Estradiol. Your doctor doesn't really have experience using this medication anyway.
B.t.w. where were you all these months.

You don't want to go any lower with Estradiol than your last lab where it was 76 pmol/l.
I felt anxious below that level...(personally speaking)and achy joints too.
That's quite a high dose...
I would suggest using the lowest dose possible EOD.
You can crash your Estradiol. Your doctor doesn't really have experience using this medication anyway.
B.t.w. where were you all these months.

When I was taking 1mg EOD, after around 3 weeks I began to develop very stiff and sore hands, and neck, very lethargic also. I stopped all medication for 5 days, and then re-started at 0.5mg EOD, I feel great with this dosage.

IVe been feeling very bad over the last year, mentally not in a good place, I think due to the ups and downs of the sustanon protocol, and cold turkey comming off TRT.

Back