Blood testing....a necessity in AAS usage

In the Texas example, they are referring specifically to criminal proceedings. That is a different matter entirely than a doctor deciding to call the police because a guy has come to him/her and is on steroids.

swale, have you ever been able to reverse hypogonadism and avoid Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)? Reason I ask is I have low test and am only 27. Not a habitual Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) user either. I used once whe I was about 20.

My LH was in the high normal. FSH was normal low to mid. test was 318/384 normal is 400-1080

I would think it's my testes shortchanging me. I tried a clomid/nolva combo and had some good resuitls but no boodtest to back it up.

any comments?

SWALE said:
In the Texas example, they are referring specifically to criminal proceedings. That is a different matter entirely than a doctor deciding to call the police because a guy has come to him/her and is on steroids.

I don't see the difference. If it's legal to use as evidence in criminal proceedings than what difference does it make if it's ethical or not for the doctor to rat you out?

Doctor rats you out...You get investigated and found to be using AAS...Doctor gets sued and you still go to jail.

In reference to the dr/pt confidientiality, there are certain crimes that fall under "mandatory reporting policies". They are almost all crimes where abuse and/or neglect has occured. The second stipulation is that is usually that the victim is a person who is unable to advocate for themselves (i.e. minors, the elderly and mentally/physically handicapped. You are also protected by HIPPA act. Health Insurance Privacy and Portability Act.

If you are going to harm someone by using steroids, it will be yourself (if even that). Now if you told your doctor that you are selling steroids, he might be obligated to report that. But he would legally not be able to just assume you sell if you just said you use steroids.

Last edited:
Micromegas said:
Doctor rats you out...You get investigated and found to be using AAS...Doctor gets sued and you still go to jail.
1) The evidence from the physician isn't applicable in court.
2) The authorities aren't going to go through all that trouble for a personal possession issue. The federal laws aren't really even strong enough to get a conviction. At the state level, it is possible, but.... well, they aren't going to be able to get a warrant to search your home from illegal evidence from a physician. Nor do they care to bother.

The only exceptions are people of interest (celebrities, people that the police have been trying to get for other crimes, etc).

What _is_ true is that Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use _is_ illegal in the United States and many other places. And on these boards, it does seem like people often forget that.

Does anyone have any sources dealing with this? I can't really just take your word for it when it comes to something as major as this.

You wouldn't take the word of a doctor? How about a doctor who has treated many Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) athletes, is well-known to be completely straight forward and honest, and was a Bro long before he was a doctor?

SWALE said:
You wouldn't take the word of a doctor? How about a doctor who has treated many Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) athletes, is well-known to be completely straight forward and honest, and was a Bro long before he was a doctor?

1.Even doctors can be wrong.

2.Doctors aren't lawyers so getting law advice from a doctor doesn't make sense.

I can't seem to find any sources dealing with "mandatory reporting policies" either.

However you are incorrect about doctor patient privilege applying to all states.

The scope of the duty of doctor-patient confidentiality, as well as the existence of a doctor-patient legal privilege, varies from state to state. No federal law governs doctor-patient confidentiality or privilege

http://law.enotes.com/everyday-law-encyclopedia/89978

Also we can make a new thread for this if you want.

Last edited:
Micromegas said:
However you are incorrect about doctor patient privilege applying to all states.
What state does not have a doctor patient privledge? The web page you references mentioned specific exceptions on a per-state basis, but I didn't notice any state not having a doctor-patient privledge.

Do any of the state exceptions allow a physician to disclose to law enforcement that a person is using anabolic steroids?

Micromegas said:
2.Doctors aren't lawyers so getting law advice from a doctor doesn't make sense.
By far, the legal expert when it comes to anabolic steroids is Rick Collins, J.D.. However, I'm sure his time is very expensive.

Incidentally, I belive that Rick Collins and Dr. John Crisler (SWALE) know each other.

Micromegas--I fear your silly paranoia may be to the detriment of others.

Do you not think I know what I can and cannot do? Do you think we are not required to undergo many hours of training in these ethical issues?

Don't be swayed by this nonsense, guys. If you can get find a doctor who will run your labs for you, count your blessings.

All i'm pointing out is that each state differs and before you go and disclose your personal matters to a doctor when you're doing something illegal you should research all of the rules and exceptions in your state dealing with doctor patient confidentiality.
As a matter of a fact saying that all state have solid doctor patient confidentiality rules without exceptions is a detriment to others as they could put themselves in legal risk.

Mranak,Pennsylvania for instance has doctor patient confidentiality limited to civil matters only, Not criminal.
In South Dakota Physician-patient privilege is expressly recognized but is waived for criminal proceedings.

In EVERY state, if you confide your Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use to a physician, and he/she blabs it to ANYONE, not only is their medical license in jeopardy, you are in for a very nice settlement.

SWALE said:
In EVERY state, if you confide your Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use to a physician, and he/she blabs it to ANYONE, not only is their medical license in jeopardy, you are in for a very nice settlement.

Maybe..Maybe not,I'm not familar with wether or not you can sue the doctor if he testifies against you at a trail but I do know that in some states(Pennsylvania & South Dakota as far as I can tell) the doctor legaly can disclose your drug use to the authorities and it can be used as evidence agaisnt you. Which is why one should do alot of research into the matter before they decide to disclose their illegal activities to a health care professional.

I went to the doctor today, They took a blood sample. I asked my doctor for a test - test he said it would cost me extra. $75 I wasn't expecting that. I thought it would be free in Canada.

Drij said:
I went to the doctor today, They took a blood sample. I asked my doctor for a test - test he said it would cost me extra. $75 I wasn't expecting that. I thought it would be free in Canada.
Start a new thread in the anabolic forum and I'm sure you will get some replies.

Back