Body drag curls...............

Southernfish

Heres a cool new (actually quite old, invented by Vince Gironda) exercise for you guys to give a try to shock those biceps. You almost NEVER see anyone doing these in the gym which is too bad because they are amazing for targeting the biceps. I started doing these a few back and have noticed new growth already. Give them a try next time you doing a bicep routine and you wont be disappointed. The pump this exercise produces is INSANE!

Heres a short videos of how they are performed so you have an idea what your doing when you go to do them. Its the first video I found but it is the correct way to do them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7jxrzmvpDg

I have only one problem with these: they're done standing, which is going to lead to cheating on form - using the back. Even the kid in the video started using his back at the end of his set. I bet they kill, but if I can't do it seated, I'm very hesitant to try.

Yes, I know AAS makes up for poopy form, but I'm kind of a stickler when it comes to arm and shoulder movements as I'm prone to damaging them. Neat alternative though!

I'm gonna try them at lunchtime today, but I'm 99% sure my wrists aren't flexible enough for that kind of hand positioning :(

I was just telling a guy I work with about these a couple weeks ago. I throw em in there once in awhile..

Yeah, I was right, I have the wrists of a 90yr old :(

I managed to do a similar movement with the E-Z bar which took the strain off the wrists - the downside was that due to the curvature of the bar, it didn't drag too smoothly. Felt good though!

I have only one problem with these: they're done standing, which is going to lead to cheating on form - using the back. Even the kid in the video started using his back at the end of his set. I bet they kill, but if I can't do it seated, I'm very hesitant to try.

Yes, I know AAS makes up for poopy form, but I'm kind of a stickler when it comes to arm and shoulder movements as I'm prone to damaging them. Neat alternative though!

Oh i agree. The trick, at least from what Ive tried, is to go light. I only used a 50lb BB and just did super slow reps with a 2 second squeeze at the top. Super painful. I started with them yesterday when I did them but I think the better option would be to use them as a finisher.

Yeah, I was right, I have the wrists of a 90yr old :(

I managed to do a similar movement with the E-Z bar which took the strain off the wrists - the downside was that due to the curvature of the bar, it didn't drag too smoothly. Felt good though!

Theres another version of this movement thats a bit sloppier but does actually work really good. Ive seen videos of Dennis James doing them and more recently Rich Piana did a video doing them as well. Ive done them too, with an ez bar. And to best way to explain it I guess is you dont curl the weight uo with this exercise you pull it up with your biceps. Shoulder blades back, elbows behind your torso and when you pull it up keep elbows back and weight close to your body but not touching. Your arms should only physically be able to get as high as parallel to the ground. Not sure if that makes sense.

Back