Body fat %?

mustanged77

Tren Freak
I see alot of guys posting body fat %'s.

I know that some of these are reliable stats. But so many people spill out their bf % like they just checked it yesterday.
I don't know my bf%. I know its low by looking in the mirror. But I don't know the exact #.

How are you guys measuring BF% and how often do you do it?

The best way I've found for men is by the abs. 10% is where you start to see a six pack. You won't be completely accurate this way but you'll never be too far off either. If they are very low say below 8% then the legs, glutes, etc. come into play when judging.

Most board members add an inch or two to their arm size and subtract a percentage point or 2 of bodyfat. Ronnie and Jay claim 5.5% in contest condition.

I have good abs and overall vascularity at about 9% bf.

mustanged77 said:
How are you guys measuring BF% and how often do you do it?
Bodyfat calipers is the most accurate method of determining bf percentage. Accumeasure calipers are the easiest to use and the most accurate I've seen.

Buy a scale that mesures body fat and you can do it every day but even like that it can be off by 1 or 2 %. ( they sell them at Walmart for about $30)

perez said:
Buy a scale that mesures body fat and you can do it every day but even like that it can be off by 1 or 2 %. ( they sell them at Walmart for about $30)

ok. too bad those dont work huh?

I have a 6 pack (dont believe me I dont care) and the dumb scale said I was something like 23% fat. What a joke. I returned it and told them it said I was 23%fat and then lifted my shirt. The exchange was pretty easy and quick :)

If you weigh too much for your height, it thinks your fat. dumb.

The water test is the best way done at a fitness club.

perez said:
Thats good news to me .

Im glad. When you enter your height and other info, anything too heavy thinks your fat. Its a joke.

If ronnie c stepped on it, it would probably say 60% fat because for his height etc, he is too heavy.

Yeah there are a lot of people claiming some low ass numbers, but in all reality your lying if you think your under 5%, most aren't even under 10! But I'd say around 10 is where you start to see a 6 pack, 8 you'll be pretty ripped and around 6% you should be vascular and somewhat striated.

But I like to use the mirror as a judge.

the water test is the most accurate. Ify our doing calipers then you take measurements on several spots on the body then do calculations,

Women are different.

Agreed. Water dunk tank is the most accurate. Hard to find calipers suck and scales are usually off. Mirror is a good judge too.

Back