Boxing

Easto said:

I think they waited until round 6, so Lewis could keep his title. If they stopped the fight earlier, they would have had to go to the score cards and Klitschko would have won.

I don't mean to defend Lewis but this is incorrect. The cut was caused by a legal punch so Lewis would win by TKO whenever the fight was stopped.

The scorecards are used in the case of an unintentional headbutt, and then only once the fight has passed 5 rounds. Before 5 rounds are complete the bout would be a technical draw. But in this case the cut was from a punch, so Lewis would have won by a TKO even if the cut had been stopped right away in the 3rd.

I just watched the replay of the fight .........Klitchko won all rounds in my eyes.....I for one do not believe the cuts Klitchko received to be from blows by Lewis.....As far as a rematch goes .....if Lewis does not honor a rematch he would look like a fool..
Did I hear Foreman right ?He made a statement that he would step into the ring again if Lewis lost the belt..........Unreal, 55yrs old ?If the boxing comission ever allows that it would make the heavyweight division a bigger circus than it already is....
Is it just me, or was Klitchko .looking a little small for this fight

yea,
i was pissed......K had him..and i hate lewis
arrogant,anal asshole he is and he lost lots of fans last night and Klitschko gained many!

70w30 I think Klitschko was looking small because he was fighting someone roughly his own size. I thought the ring was looking small with those two guys in it! Big boys for sure.

As I said I had the fight 57-57. I know that puts me in the minority but to each his own. I definitely think that cut was caused by the laces on Lewis' right glove after a glancing right hand. It wasn't necessarily a clean punch but stuff like that happens sometimes. It was too bad the cut happened because I thought the fight was pretty exciting as heavyweight fights go and it would have been interesting to see how it played out.

As far as the rematch goes I'm sure it will be all about the money. Before the fight I would have said Roy Jones Jr. would be next for Lewis because that would be a huge money fight but maybe with the controversy over this one he would get similiar money for the rematch with Klitschko. That would be preference, a rematch before a Jones fight.

As far a Foreman goes... that would be crazy but I don't doubt he will. As long as he can pass the medical tests I don't see why he shouldn't be licensed. My real question is why though? He has money, his health, and is in the Boxing Hall of Fame. What more is there?

Lewis is a homo, cant stand that pompous ass. He grew up in Canada but now he is British.

What a fucking Ballerina, glass jaw too.

Actually he did give credit to Klitschko:

""He's a legitimate No. 1 contender," Lewis said."

Just read that in the paper. No idea when he said it, but it must have been immediately after the fight.

this was a fix. the cut wasnt any worse, and all of a sudden they stop it? FIX. dont harp to me about wrestling being fucking fake anymore.

ive heard alot of ppl saying lennox will come back and whip some ass. nope. if, in a year or 2 lennox finds his acorns and steps back in with this guy, hell be like 39-40. ie an old man.

Back