breakouts

muscljoe

Im just ending a 12 week cycle and having serious acne breakouts. I usually have really oily skin in the summer which doesnt help.

Any tried and true advice out there to help keep breakouts down, without taking prescription meds though, trying to do it naturally.

Thanks

It's an uphill battle even with prescription meds. Lots of OTC benzoil peroxide products are available of course. And then there is vitamin B-5 which helps some people.

My back is breaking out like it was back in middle school/high school again. Just tonight it is the worst it has been since before I used Accutane over ten years ago. I just now applied Retin-A gel all over my shoulders and back. Hope I can get this thing under control. That's gonna suck if I have to do another (dermatalogist monitored) Accutane cycle.

mranak can you take all dermatologist products while on/coming off gear? I'm thinking of going to the doc to get some shit to put on, whats the strongest stuff I should ask for, and whats better pill of cream?

Get some anti-bacterial hand soap and use that on your body. Works for alot of people with oily skin.

Try a cream first before a pill. Retin-A makes you red and sensitive to the sun, but it isn't anywhere near as harsh as accutane. Remember, everyone's different. Certain soaps will dry my skin out so bad that my oil production will actually increase to make up for it, exacerbating the acne problem. Find a soap the works for you that isn't too harsh.

jes131 said:
Certain soaps will dry my skin out so bad that my oil production will actually increase to make up for it, exacerbating the acne problem. Find a soap the works for you that isn't too harsh.

Yea thats what Dial anti-bac soap was doing for me. It seemed that the more soap I used the more breakouts I would have. Days I would miss a shower I seemed to breakout less, very fugged up. I'm gonna try and get some accutane from the doctor. Are they usually lenient abotu prescribing it or am I gonna have plead my case to the doc to get it?

Winchester said:
Yea thats what Dial anti-bac soap was doing for me. It seemed that the more soap I used the more breakouts I would have. Days I would miss a shower I seemed to breakout less, very fugged up. I'm gonna try and get some accutane from the doctor. Are they usually lenient abotu prescribing it or am I gonna have plead my case to the doc to get it?

Maybe your irritating your skin to much in the shower? What do you use to scrub your body with?

this might help you guys, im very sensitive to ance, and about two months ago when i started my cycle i started breaking out just a little bit saw this kit at wal-mart called acne free, it said it was ten times better than proactive it was only 15 dollars so i thought i would try it, its a three step system thats very easy, but it works like a champ i love the stuff ive been using that and 3grams of vit-b5 and have had cyrstal clear skin all summer, hope that helps.

acne has been a problem for me on my shoulders since i was a teenager, Luckaly thats the only area i REALLY break out.. Ingrown hairs are also favorable for me.

What i do to prevent.

Shower EVERY morning, Shower After EVERY workout, or any Sweat senestive activty, IE: Sports, Training, Beach, or skeet skeet skeet..

This keeps your pours as empty as possible, Less likly for oil/dirt to conclude an infection (acne)

Find a pore clenser, or acne medication, Treat the acne prone areas. This should help keep your pores un clogged and clean..

The over all trick to preventing acne for those of you like me who are prone, is keeping your pours clear as possible! Those products do help if you keep your skin maintained!

Check out walmart for products, Or talk to a pharmisist. I tryed to find link to what i use, But i can't find it.. It's just a pore clenser, During my test cycle it had helped me out large.

Last edited:
Winchester said:

Accutane should be your absolutely last resort, it isn't pleasant.

I agree with a few of you. I remember reading from Stonecold that B5 works a charm. I had some zits on my back right after my last cycle and I took 3000mg a day of B5 and it basically cleared everything up off my back. It was great stuff, but I have heard that it doesn't work the same wonders for everyone. Give it a shot.

SABAGOY said:
Maybe your irritating your skin to much in the shower? What do you use to scrub your body with?

I use one of those little floofe body sponges. Maybe I should just use the bar of soap and stand out of the water for a bit to really dry my skin without irritating it from the body sponge thing?

fuck my acne is worse enough now and from what I've read its even worse post cycle. I've never had a problem breaking out from oral cycles of dbol and Winstrol (winny). But I'm breaking out now on prop. Fuck.

Accutane is serious stuff, but dont be afraid to take it if you need it. I thank my doc every single visit for putting me on accuatane. I no longer worry about acne and I used to have seriously nasty cystic acne on my face and back. Its good shit, and if you suffer every day with acne, accutane sides are worth it.

Winchester said:
I use one of those little floofe body sponges. Maybe I should just use the bar of soap and stand out of the water for a bit to really dry my skin without irritating it from the body sponge thing?

I think that should be fine..another thing is pat your self dry with your towl dont brush yourself. Also when you get out try and always use a clean towl.

And about accutane i would wait a while after your cycle and see if your skin clears up. I would leave it as a last resort

what would you recommend besides oxy pads for store bought shit to use. Is there anything thats good to put on overnight? I was using the clearasil shit but it didnt seem to work at all imo.

Basically all OTC topical gels and creams are based around benzoyl peroxide, its in everything from clearasil to proactiv. Its all the same shit packaged in different shiny boxes. 1 step up from that is topical vitamin a derivative creams like differin and retin-A. Then theres accutane.

DougoeFre5h said:
Accutane is serious stuff, but dont be afraid to take it if you need it. I thank my doc every single visit for putting me on accuatane. I no longer worry about acne and I used to have seriously nasty cystic acne on my face and back. Its good shit, and if you suffer every day with acne, accutane sides are worth it.
Agreed!!!!!

clean and clear black head scrub, and neautrogena face wash are both really good OTC acne things...
benzoil peroxide and ret. micro are amazing...
accutane is a miracle drug, only use it if everything else fails, and be sure to have it monitored by the dermo.

what did your cycle consist of? The acne is most likely due to the change in test levels. I used to get it 2-3 weeks into a cycle every time. Shit sucks. I found that the best way to deal with acne is prevention. Tanning helps a lot because the UV rays kill bacteria. Also shower at immediately after a workout. Try to shower 2x a day, especially when coming off a cycle and when you start a cycle (when your test levels are changing)

Another good preventitice step is to use acne pads like Oxyclean or clearasil. The stuff has 2% salicylic acid. Go to walmart and get generic ones, they are a lot cheaper and work just as well.

If the acne is really bad go to a dermatologist. I've heard accutane works wonders but I think it is a little pricey..

Back