Bringing gear on deployment

HardGainer87

I will be be going on deployment soon to Bagram air base in Afghanistan. I've been on TRT for a few years now but my Doc only prescribes enough to get me on the low side of normal. They are stuck in the stone ages of TRT where i'm from so I take what I can get get. Anyway I supplement my prescribed test c with UGL gear to stay on the high side of normal.

Getting to the point now im not sure if its safe to bring my UGL gear with me. Not worried about the prescribed gear obviously.
Looking for anyone with experience on deploying and how they handle your property when traveling. Or anyone who has successfully brought gear with them on a deployment.

Will my property be searched during the trip? This will be my first deployment so I have no idea how things work when getting there. I just want to make sure i can pack my UGL vials in some of my property without having it subject to search and me getting in a world of trouble. I am army by the way if that matters.

Thanks!

just a idea but do you keep your empty vials that you get prescribed? If so maybe you could fill them up with ugl gear and put a new stopper and re crimp them. Also if you could put some test 500 in those it would last you a while but pip sucks with test 500. Just a idea my friend and have no experience with this...

I was going to say you can probaly find some local but idk if you can travel off base and what not. Have your team raid a pharmacy lol

I've never saved any old vials never thought I would need them. Anyone here ever been deployed before? Wondering if I can just bring a few vials with me in a backpack or packed away in one of my various duffle bags.

Been there plenty. I have never been searched going in, just coming out. You should be fine. Or, you can just have it sent over in the mail. Mail to Bagram takes like a week from the states. I had mine sent here without problem.

all your bags and gear will be searched thoroughly by customs when you return state side. As far as before that's up to your unit to be sure you have all your gear. (I mean military gear)

Thanks for all the help everyone. I feel like it should be safe to pack everything with me. Ill just have to use up all the UGL test before I leave so I don't have to worry about customs coming back!

Back