Broke my foot...what to do?

I broke a bone in my foot yesterday playing basketball. Doctor said it'd be at least 8 weeks before I could run or play sports again. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I can do for cardio? Over the last few months I've lost about 40 lbs as a result of a 7 day DNP cycle to jump start things, clean diet and LOTS of cardio. I don't want to depend on DNP during this time because in reality I have no buisness using that stuff. I want to continue my weight loss if its at all possible. Aside from sticking to a clean diet, do you guys have any other suggestions?

swimming is great, keep the weightlifting up. Watch the diet. There's no reason to gain any weight, but don't expect to be makin great drops in your weight when your injured. Take a little time off, you've come a long way. Just don't let it get outta control.

outlawtas2 said:
swimming is great, keep the weightlifting up. Watch the diet. There's no reason to gain any weight, but don't expect to be makin great drops in your weight when your injured. Take a little time off, you've come a long way. Just don't let it get outta control.
This is pretty much what I was going to say. Just take it easy though.....healing up is the number one priority.

LiftTillIDie said:
Sorry to hear about your foot. How much are you weighing in at right now?
Between 325-330. I came to this site to attempt to lose weight and after I stopped playing football I actually gained a little weight due to laziness. A few months ago I realized that whether I play sports down the line or not, being 365+ isn't healthy, no matter how athletic I was.

needtolosequick said:
Between 325-330. I came to this site to attempt to lose weight and after I stopped playing football I actually gained a little weight due to laziness. A few months ago I realized that whether I play sports down the line or not, being 365+ isn't healthy, no matter how athletic I was.

I remember when you came here I was just curious to see how things turned out. Looks like you've kept a lot of the weight off. Where do you want to maintain?

LiftTillIDie said:
I remember when you came here I was just curious to see how things turned out. Looks like you've kept a lot of the weight off. Where do you want to maintain?
It depends, football is always an option for free school, at least for the next year or two. If I go down that road I'd like to be about 300-310. If I decide to just pursue what I'm doing currently then I'd like to be closer to 275-280.

Its a Jones Fracture....Gotta get surgery next week. This is truly depressing, DNP will have to be used to avoid the scale going up.

Back