bros, i got a stomach virus.......how to minimize loss?

J steel

man, came down with a stomach virus this past week........starting on tuesday and still feeling it today. i have basically lived on my toilet this week.........its so frustrating, i cant keep anything in.

the worst part is i am in week 7 of my test/var cycle........was doing great, up 15lbs to 245, most i ever weighed in my life. now i cant even bear to go on a scale.........i feel like i lost 10lbs. and i havent lifted in days.......i feel like my body looks atrophied. this is the worst type of thing that can happen in the middle of a cycle.

how do i deal with this? im slowly getting better, but my doc said i cant just jump back into eating 5K calories again and all that.........i have to slowly introduce food back into my system. and im not even at that point yet cause im still runnin to the bathroom.

any of you guys had this happen before? what do i do? sorry for the rant, just needed to vent. im so upset.

Sorry man.........you just gotta ride out! The obvious answer is to tryto consumeas much protein as possible via shakes OR food but thisis apparantly not going to be a worthwhile attempt.

Take care of yourself right now (REST!!!!) so you can recover faster so that you may get to eating and growing again.

Ever hear of muscle memory ? ;)

Bad timing but you have probably just lost some water so calm down... you´ll be back in no time!

that sucks....but you just gotta rest. you feel a whole lot worse than you look though. your mind is telling you that you lost 10lbs but its just that you lost your pump and within a week back in the gym you'll be feeling normal again.

I'm sure a lot of weight that you have lost is going to be water as well. Try and keep hydrated and just ride this out. The quicker you kick this bug, the quicker you can get back to the gym and regular eating. Good luck!

First of all you should rest. Then try some low doses of test to help retain muscle but drop eveyrhting else till you get better. Once you really get better then buy some more test (to make up for what you took during your low doses) and continue from where you left off. Just an idea. ALso drink protien shakes. It is easy on the stomach since it is liquid. Good luck

thanks for the support bros!

im definitely feelin alot better today. im able to eat plain chicken now, so at least im gettin the protein back in my diet.

tomorrow i will be back in the gym and can hopefully make up some ground this week.

stay healthy guys!

I had this virus about a week and a half ago. I only lost 3lbs. I managed to force feed 3500-4000 cals/day. So, if you can do it, go for it.

Back