Bruce Lee

cman81 said:
I think Tony Jaa would go ong bak on his ass.
At the invitation of Ed Parker, Lee appeared in the 1964 Long Beach International Karate Championships and performed repetitions of two-finger pushups (using the thumb and the index finger) with feet at approximately a shoulder-width apart. In the same Long Beach event he also performed the "One inch punch". The description of which is as follows: Lee stood upright, his right foot forward with knees bent slightly, in front of a standing, stationary partner. Lee's right arm was partly extended and his right fist approximately an inch away from the partner's chest. Without retracting his right arm, Lee then forcibly delivered the punch to his partner while largely maintaining his posture, sending the partner backwards and falling into a chair placed behind the partner to prevent injury, though the force of the impact caused his partner to soon after fall onto the floor....yeahh..

Bruce Lee's striking speed from 3 feet away was five hundredths of a second.
Bruce did one-hand push ups using only 2 fingers[
Bruce was able to break a 150lb bag with a sidekick.
Bruce was able to hold a 125-pound barbell at arms length in front of him (with elbows locked) for 20 seconds.

Last edited:
outlawtas2 said:
not very much at all...doesn't mean he wasn't strong or couldn't kick my ass
Well put.....i sucker punched a black belt before but id just leave the fuckin building if it would be Bruce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

outlawtas2 said:
not very much at all...doesn't mean he wasn't strong or couldn't kick my ass
I give Bruce credit for even being able to do that. I mean, he probably only weighed around 100 some pounds... Imagine holding up a barbell with X amount of weight, representing your own for 20secounds. Also, he probably never even worked out besides his martial arts everyday.

he did do some strength training. he did more cardiovascular and a lot with nutrition...he's one of my role model/idols...

thurstonKG said:
At the invitation of Ed Parker, Lee appeared in the 1964 Long Beach International Karate Championships and performed repetitions of two-finger pushups (using the thumb and the index finger) with feet at approximately a shoulder-width apart. In the same Long Beach event he also performed the "One inch punch". The description of which is as follows: Lee stood upright, his right foot forward with knees bent slightly, in front of a standing, stationary partner. Lee's right arm was partly extended and his right fist approximately an inch away from the partner's chest. Without retracting his right arm, Lee then forcibly delivered the punch to his partner while largely maintaining his posture, sending the partner backwards and falling into a chair placed behind the partner to prevent injury, though the force of the impact caused his partner to soon after fall onto the floor....yeahh..

Bruce Lee's striking speed from 3 feet away was five hundredths of a second.
Bruce did one-hand push ups using only 2 fingers[
Bruce was able to break a 150lb bag with a sidekick.
Bruce was able to hold a 125-pound barbell at arms length in front of him (with elbows locked) for 20 seconds.

As I said, Tony jaa would go ong bak on his ass.

And 125 lb db trick, pull out all the info you want...I would have top see that to beleive it, especially for a man his size. I call bullshit.

cman81 said:
And 125 lb db trick, pull out all the info you want...I would have top see that to beleive it, especially for a man his size. I call bullshit.

are you kidding me? I doubt anyone in the world ever....yes EVER could even slightly touch Bruce Lee in any kind of martial arts form.....and its not DB... its barbell..you read incorrectly

protector5.jpg

right..

thurstonKG said:
are you kidding me? I doubt anyone in the world ever....yes EVER could even slightly touch Bruce Lee in any kind of martial arts form.....and its not DB... its barbell..you read incorrectly

protector5.jpg

right..

Guess there is no real way of finding out....so lets argue some more.

Another thing I wanted to mention, is that the sport of fighting has evolved(mma). Bruce lee was HUMAN. Put him up against some of todays top fighters in different disciplines, not saying he would lose, but it would be very evident that he is not as inhumanly incredible as you think.

Back