Building my new workout routine & I need help!

spiderpig

I'm not a bodybuilder!
over my time of training which is currently 16 months I have really started to hit a wall, I know i'm not hitting a plateau yet but I'm getting bored of the same old shit day in day out so im now adding higher reps and drop sets and super sets, I am currently in the process of writing it and i need questions answering :)

Can I deadlift & squat on the same day?
Also on my Week B or my routine i would like to super set deadlifting with squats, Is this ok to do?

Can I deadlift & squat on the same day?
Also on my Week B or my routine i would like to super set deadlifting with squats, Is this ok to do?

1- Its fine if by in the same day you mean 2 workouts, you do the 1 in the morning, and the other in the evening, that way you fully replenish your strength, if you do them in the same workout you wouldnt be able to go heavy enough on the second one.

2- Again, wont be able to go heavy enough.

Thats what I think, Im no expert, so take it just like a opinion.

Sorry if I have any mistakes, my native language isnt English.

I wouldn't do squats/deads on the same day. You sacrifice intensity from at least one of them to do the other. Split them up by at least a day imo.

I wouldn't do squats/deads on the same day. You sacrifice intensity from at least one of them to do the other. Split them up by at least a day imo.

This answers my question, Thanks m8! I prefer to leave squats and deads at least 2 days apart. I was just wondering from how hard deadlifts where the other day after squats if i was really pushing it, i thought it was doing me some good because it was new to me and it got HARD!

I tried it for a couple months and it didnt work out very well. I threw up half way through deadlift the first few times so i started lowering my intensity to avoid throwing up. Seems like no matter what i tried i just couldnt do them during the same session with high intensity. One always suffered. I switched from a push/pull split to an opposing muscles split to mix it up and that worked better.

Back