Bulking Advice Needed

invisiblekid_uk

6 Months In...
Guys,

I'm 5'9, 75kgs, 14% BF and 24 years old.

My current diet is based around the cutting sticky and I've been looking at the lean mass sticky. I'm doing 45 mins cardio 3 times per week and a 5 day split.

I'm coming to the end of the cutting phase and want to put on lean mass. I basically need advice on how to make the transition. Is it as simple as changing my diet?

I've dropped around 5% BF and want to put on lean mass - not fat. I'm fairly sensative to carbs and find it easy to put on soft mass.

Would you guys recommend simply changing to the lean mass stick and tailoring to my height, weight etc...or is there something I'm missing?

Cheers.

Cant go wrong with a classic approach a la super squats or Strossen.

1 gallon of milk and high rep squats....hope you arent lactose intolerant though...lol.
Steak, milk, oats, chicken and the odd fast food visit with some heavy pulls and high rep squats. Work on the back and legs and enjoy the food. Break out your XXL sweatshirts and hide under em till you are ready to peel some fat off....

"Smooth is cool"
-Dave Draper

if your carb sensitive i reccomend upping the calories with a combination of protein and fat , yes i said fat . healthy fats from fish/flax/etc. are extremely important to your body and tend to lean you out believe it or not .

DADAWG said:
if your carb sensitive i reccomend upping the calories with a combination of protein and fat , yes i said fat . healthy fats from fish/flax/etc. are extremely important to your body and tend to lean you out believe it or not .

Thanks for saying that, I had a big argument with a so called nutritionist about fats and why some are good and some are not so good. This person put all fats in the same category.

First thing id do would be drop the amount of training sessions back to 3 day split...something like the PB routine. Keep the cardio there and just slowly add back in the cals.

And yes...dont be afraid of the fats....choose the right ones and theyll do more good then harm

huskyguy said:
Thanks for saying that, I had a big argument with a so called nutritionist about fats and why some are good and some are not so good. This person put all fats in the same category.
so called is right if he doesnt know good/healthy fats from bad ones lol .you can live the rest of your life without carbs but wouldnt live very long at all without fat , your body uses certain fats for brain and cardiac functions .

Olive oil is a good fat. I found that adding some olive oil to my meals helped a lot when bulking. Easy way to increase kcal intake.

luquillo78 said:
Olive oil is a good fat. I found that adding some olive oil to my meals helped a lot when bulking. Easy way to increase kcal intake.

Buy the extra virgin olive oil, it has more flavor and it has more of the solids that are good for you. Use olive oil liberally in all cooking-except for desserts.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Regards to Olive oil - at the risk of sounding stupid - I assume black olives are ok to have with meals?

huskyguy said:
Buy the extra virgin olive oil, it has more flavor and it has more of the solids that are good for you. Use olive oil liberally in all cooking-except for desserts.
be carefull cooking olive oil at high heat , i heard it destroyed all the healthy/omega part of evoo

DADAWG said:
be carefull cooking olive oil at high heat , i heard it destroyed all the healthy/omega part of evoo
Olive oil has a very lowered "heat tolerance" than say vegetable oil or canola oil.

I like the "evoo" LOL! Very Rachel Ray! LOL! ;)

Back