Can any one explan this?

rukkus21

hey guys i got a problem or at least I think its a problem.

my weight in just one week dropped 7lbs.

background: I started about 10 weeks ago on a low carb, high protein diet.(60/20/20)
I weight at a record high 191 at 16-17% bf. now im 174 at 14.7% bf.

sounds good right?

last two weeks I took of due to spring break, then getting flu.( this pissed me off because it was during spring break grrr)

my strength gains are going up and I know im on the somewhat right track.

but how can some one go from 181 to 174 in less than a week?!

Date weight
19-Jan 190.4
25-Jan 191.6
1-Feb 187.6
8-Feb 181.2
15-Feb 183.6
21-Feb 177.6
1-Mar 179
8-Mar 177.4
spring break
22-Mar 181.4 sick
2-Apr 174

here is my numbers.
goal: 165-170 at 12%bf
im 19 no roids all natty 5ft 8in

thanks guys!

Last edited:
did u throw up, when u get sick it usally makes u loose all ur water.

well ur body's natural response is to flush something thats not supposed to be in there out. Every whole usally...lol.. id say u just lost some water. normal.

Sounds like its definitely too much weight in that short of time. I would look to other issues? Maybe an illness not showing symptoms?

I could see it if you were 25% BF but 16-175? doesnt sound right

The odd thing is your strength gains still going up. That i dont understand at all.

^^~~~sounds like a hypochondriac to me...lol.. ive lost 10 pound with the flu im under 10 percent bf

juiceman2027, that what i was thinking maybe I lost some water weight because when i was sick i was drinking water by the gallons! also whats a hypochondriac?

welter, it could be an illness because after the flu my tonsils hurt like hell, and still do! and yeah my strength gains are great actually this week alone Ive jumped 10lbs on bench and dead lifts!
I just still can't find the mysterious reason to my extreme weight loss.

Hypochondria is a condition in which a person believes that he or she is ill when no objective signs of illness can be observed. It has an obsessive as well as a delusional component. Sufferers from hypochondria, or, to use the clinical term, hypochondriasis, remain convinced that they are ill despite reassurances, and often present themselves to their doctors over a long period of time as suffering from a series of different symptoms and diseases. The onset of hypochondria is frequently in the 30s in men and 40s in women. Those in sedentary occupations are notoriously liable to it, and, whilst medical students usually suffer only a transient bout of hypochondria, some doctors remain hypochondriacal throughout their career. Depression and alcoholism exacerbate the condition.
lol my wife is one

I could see 10 lbs easy with the flu. Headaches doesn't constitute the flu though, only you really know how sick you were. I can guarantee one thing though. If you had the flu and lost 7 lbs I don't see how you could have possibly gained strength.

Last edited:
I just realized I made A huge mistake! I meant to say too you all I was sick last week, and this week im 100% better. All of last week I didn't hit the gym, but this week Ive been in the gym almost daily. If you look at the chart I posted I actually gained 3-4lbs while sick( all the water). now that im OK Ive dropped 7lbs. It has to be water weight...this all just hit me.. I had my first epiphany lol.

Back