Can anyone do these exercises?

PowerBuilder

or did you ever know anyone that could do ..

1. One handed pullups

I guess you could only try this after you could at least do one pullup with your own weight tied around your waist, or be able to do at least 50 regular pullups.

2. get in handstand and do "pushups" (for shoulders), not against a wall but by balancing yourself.

you would have to be able to shoulder press your own weight, but probably a lot more so that you could have the balance. You would also need good forearms.

One armed pull-ups usually requires your other hand to support the wrist of the working arm. Makes em somewhat easier and safer.

One armed pullups , as far as i know , is done with ioner ahand on the bar and the other hand free , if you grab your wrist it becomes too damn easy dontchathink ?;)

A-rod said:
One armed pullups , as far as i know , is done with ioner ahand on the bar and the other hand free , if you grab your wrist it becomes too damn easy dontchathink ?;)
Yes, I do believe I did state it "usually" requires 2 hands and it does make them easier and safer.... I'm sorry what exactly are you trying to ask me superman?

i can do both.

for the one handed pullups tho i will execute them with my other hand squeezing my wrist for support.....when i tried being a he-man and just let my free arm hang by my side i f*cked my wrist up......but if i had to show in a life or death situation that i could do it that way i would. i can do like 20 of them with my right hand but only like 15 with my left cuz my forearm is much tiny-er. i do weighted pullups with about 60 lbs extra to my waist.....the most ive done for a few reps is with 90 lbs starpped ot my waist.

doing the upside down shoulder press requires more balance than strength. i did those even when i was a kid so i developed the balance needed to do them early. i can military press 160 on the bar or push the 85 lb dumbells about 3 good times. its all about balance for those 2 excercizes and having super great control over your stabilizer muscles performed in those lifts.

JCalvin619 said:
One armed pull-ups usually requires your other hand to support the wrist of the working arm. Makes em somewhat easier and safer.

That is not what I was talking about. If you did that you could use both arms/lats to pull yourself, and doing it would only mean you can hold your bodyweight with one hand. I don't think it would be dangerous to do a one-armed pullup, it is just extremely difficult to do. Some rock climbers can do them.

rodman9866 said:
i can do both.

for the one handed pullups tho i will execute them with my other hand squeezing my wrist for support.....when i tried being a he-man and just let my free arm hang by my side i f*cked my wrist up......but if i had to show in a life or death situation that i could do it that way i would. i can do like 20 of them with my right hand but only like 15 with my left cuz my forearm is much tiny-er. i do weighted pullups with about 60 lbs extra to my waist.....the most ive done for a few reps is with 90 lbs starpped ot my waist.

How much do you weigh rodman9866? That is some pretty impressive strength you have there, but unless you weight a hundred pounds, I can see how it would be dangerous to try a true one-arm pullup. Trying to bench press 150% of your max is dangerous too.

I can do hand stand pushups.. I can only do about four reps before my forearms give out, but I can do like.. 3 sets of four.. (mind you, I weigh 235lbs). When I was 208, I could do 3 sets of 8-10

JCalvin619 said:
Yes, I do believe I did state it "usually" requires 2 hands and it does make them easier and safer.... I'm sorry what exactly are you trying to ask me superman?

Ii`m asking if you dont think it`s too easy to grab your wrist and pull yourself up for him to be asking ""can anyone do these exercises ?":)

What`s my name ?????

lol

PowerBuilder said:
How much do you weigh rodman9866? That is some pretty impressive strength you have there, but unless you weight a hundred pounds, I can see how it would be dangerous to try a true one-arm pullup. Trying to bench press 150% of your max is dangerous too.

right now i weigh 170-175 depending on the time of day. when i did the pullups with 90lbs + bodyweight i was around 195lbs. pullups were the first excercize i was able to do even as a small child. i remember in like 5th grade when we went outside to do gym and we had a lil PT test pullups were the first excercize and out teacher would throw us up to the bar and i would just pull up away and be like "wow this is fun and easy". i guess you can say i was built to do pullups.

btw buddybiy im sure if i ever get to weigh 230 some odd pounds i wont be able to do handstand pushups either lol :p . as soon as i get digi cam or a new camera phone ill record a lil clip of me doing some one aarm pullups and maybe and 90+ weighted pullup if im bulking at the time.

A-rod said:
Ii`m asking if you dont think it`s too easy to grab your wrist and pull yourself up for him to be asking ""can anyone do these exercises ?":)

What`s my name ?????

lol

Hey bro. Your attitude really sucks. First off, you are closer to supergirl than man. You always post your shit as if it were something impressive to gaze upon, but that isn't the case. I have a suggestion for you, since you have such a high opinion of your physique:

1. Join a gym with members above 15 years of age, other than you. If you saw some real physiques, you might be a little more humble.

2. Take that stank fuckin shirt and throw it away before someone who doesn't like the looks of you, breaks your friggin neck for thinking you are the shit, out of sheer spite and enjoyment.

Your arms are shit. They all look big when you press them against your side so hard, that you are ready to shit yourself. Kinda like all girls asses look good when they are sticking out, or boobs on their back. Point is superdag, YOU AINT FOOLIN ANYONE!

Grow up.

WTF .......I wouldn,t worry so much bro.
I,ve had worse said to me ........you need some excersises to thicken your skin......lol......jk!
Running for cover

I can do the hand stand pushups for about 20. I just started doing them six weeks ago when I first began breakdancing.. but now they are incredibley easy. I weigh 242lbs at about 17% bodyfat. Pretty cool seeing a fat guy do a walking hand stand and pushups.

A-rod still having difficulty making friends on the internet? LOL

I think he means well enough fella's... it's that all the pictures he posts that make him seem so abnoxious. When it comes to supplement information I would give A-rod a vote of confidence.

SkedMedz said:
Hey bro. Your attitude really sucks. First off, you are closer to supergirl than man. You always post your shit as if it were something impressive to gaze upon, but that isn't the case. I have a suggestion for you, since you have such a high opinion of your physique:

1. Join a gym with members above 15 years of age, other than you. If you saw some real physiques, you might be a little more humble.

2. Take that stank fuckin shirt and throw it away before someone who doesn't like the looks of you, breaks your friggin neck for thinking you are the shit, out of sheer spite and enjoyment.

Your arms are shit. They all look big when you press them against your side so hard, that you are ready to shit yourself. Kinda like all girls asses look good when they are sticking out, or boobs on their back. Point is superdag, YOU AINT FOOLIN ANYONE!

Grow up.

I dont post my shit as if it was something very impressive , specially in a forum full of competitive bodybuilders , i post pics to make them forum a bit more interesting to watch , i surely would like to see training pics with all post from every member , if you dont like the pics just dont look at it .......................I TRAIN FOR POWER !!!!

clubfootedmidget said:
A-rod still having difficulty making friends on the internet? LOL

I think he means well enough fella's... it's that all the pictures he posts that make him seem so abnoxious. When it comes to supplement information I would give A-rod a vote of confidence.

You figure that big man , diferent forum same shit ................:confused:

Back