Can getting bloods drawn inadvertantly get you into trouble

avalon12

As crazy as the healthcare system is here in the states, can getting blood drawn cause more harm than good? If a person walks into a large lab and gets test, e2, lipids etc checked pre-during-post cycle, and it comes back all out of wack for obvious reasons, could the results find there way back to your health insurance provider or even place of employment.

That could cause havoc all around, what you guys think? Do labs release test data on their patients?

The only concern would be speaking to a healthcare professional about your use. So long as you don't mention anything and deny if you're asked, there will be no issues.

If your concern is legal trouble, then no. But it will affect your future as you'll be denied for all types of insurance policies. There wouldn't be any reports that would affect employment.

So what you are saying is that if your test cones back way out of range, you could be denied insurance coverage in the future. Did I understand that correctly?

So what you are saying is that if your test cones back way out of range, you could be denied insurance coverage in the future. Did I understand that correctly?

Nope, he's saying that as long as you deny any usage, you're golden.

Unless you're going to your doctor for these labs, I can't see the issue anyway. Private blood tests are just that - private. ONLY you and the company know the results, and they're obligated to keep it that way by law. $50 bucks for a private test, or try to lie your way out of wonky results... you be the judge. ;)

Under the new health care law, would it not be illegal to deny insurance to someone, even if they use illegal substances?

As crazy as the healthcare system is here in the states, can getting blood drawn cause more harm than good? If a person walks into a large lab and gets test, e2, lipids etc checked pre-during-post cycle, and it comes back all out of wack for obvious reasons, could the results find there way back to your health insurance provider or even place of employment.

That could cause havoc all around, what you guys think? Do labs release test data on their patients?
In the US, Hipaa laws make it illegal for your information to be shared with any individual or organization that you have not expressly given authorization.

A lab cannot provide your results to the insurance company, unless you have authorized it. But, in many cases you already have if insurance is involved in paying the bill. You more than likely signed a Hipaa disclosure at your docs office that allows the info to be shared with anyone involved in your treatment.

Last edited:
Back