Can some product be lost through filtering

juicestain789

Hey guys I made some brew with EO, cottonseed oil, BB, BA. I followed the instructions I had and put the EO BA and BB all together with the powder and waited til it was clear but I only had to get the temp. up to like 150 degrees and then I filtered it through a .22 filter.

This brew isn't very potent at all I'm not sure if it's the powder that just sucks or if I need to increase the temperature to 110 C in order to make some good brew.

So by not heating up the mixture high enough can some of it be filtered out even though it's clear?

I don't know what your brewing but you should have the temperature reach it's melting point and hold it there for a minuet to insure proper dilution. You don't need EO to brew anything unless your trying to up the potency beyond normal.
Your filtering shouldn't be done till after the carrier oil is added. I prefer a Whatman 0.45 GD/X PVDF filter for amounts under 100ml. Your solution will be sterile

Last edited:
I doubt more then 500mg could even be held in a whatman, the internal volume is only about 1CC. You could try dissolving 5g powder in methanol, slowly add water (melting ice works good) and filter the precipitate. Weigh and see how much remains, this might remove the impurity or cut.

Yes, I have done Finaplix filtering, and the hormone can definitely get clogged up in the filter.

bmays made a really good suggestion, in my opinion, about dissolving powder in methanol, filter, and then add cold water to crystallize the solution, and then filter the powder out. I have done this with Finaplix pellets.

Back