Been a while since I last brewed

Nick!

Hey bros,

So it's been 5+ years since the last time I brewed home gear. I have a few questions for you guys to start....

1. If I want to brew my Test at 300mg/ml, should I go with Cypionate or Enanthate if I want it to stay in solution?

2. How do these ratios look for it:

Test E/C 100mls @ 300mgs/ml
30g powder
25ml EO
26.5ml GSO
3ml BA (3%)
20ml BB (20%)

3. Could I get away with just using straight GSO as my carrier, or would the EO just help to ensure it doesn't crash?

Hey bros,

So it's been 5+ years since the last time I brewed home gear. I have a few questions for you guys to start....

1. If I want to brew my Test at 300mg/ml, should I go with Cypionate or Enanthate if I want it to stay in solution?

2. How do these ratios look for it:

Test E/C 100mls @ 300mgs/ml
30g powder
25ml EO
26.5ml GSO
3ml BA (3%)
20ml BB (20%)

3. Could I get away with just using straight GSO as my carrier, or would the EO just help to ensure it doesn't crash?

It's been awhile since I Home-brewed.
But a couple of things stick out.

Not a Fan of EO (ethyl oleate).
It has a Tendency to leave Lumps under the Skin, especially if you are Allergic to it.

My Personal Favorite was to use GSO (grape seed oil), and Safflower Oil, as it Holds the Higher Concentrations in Suspension better.
If you use Only GSO, it might Crash on you @ 300 Mg/Ml

Test E is the way to go @ 300 Mg/ml.
Test C is Problematic at that high a concentration when only using Carrier Oils, and No Extra Solvents like EO.

BA amount looks good @ 3%.
I would drop the BB down to 15%, you don't need 20%, make up the difference with Extra Carrier Oil........................ JP
P.S.
If you've used EO in the past, and were OK with it, then it's a possibility.
But I don't use it, as it Lumps up my Injection Site for days on end, and causes me PIP.

I go with 1% BA as that is what the pharmaceutical companies use. BA's job is to kill any living thing it touches(so to speak) and I prefer to not kill off to much of my own tissue when injecting. I use the BB to dilute the powder and go with 19% with BB. For a 20% solvent usage. If I want a high concentration I use 50/50 T cyp and TE. And use MCT oil to make it 400mg/ml. I have used GSO as well with good results.

I go with 1% BA as that is what the pharmaceutical companies use. BA's job is to kill any living thing it touches(so to speak) and I prefer to not kill off to much of my own tissue when injecting. I use the BB to dilute the powder and go with 19% with BB. For a 20% solvent usage. If I want a high concentration I use 50/50 T cyp and TE. And use MCT oil to make it 400mg/ml. I have used GSO as well with good results.

Thanks bro. Do you notice the MCT oil working better to hold the high concentrations in solution better than anything else?

Any thought on introducing 2% Guaiacol to the mix to help dissolve the solution?

Pharma companies do use 1% but I highly doubt you are brewing in the same kind of sterile environment they are. I would use a higher BA.

I personally loved eo when brewing anything at high mg/ml but 300mg for a enan shouldn't be any issue. I've done upward of that and not have it crash with similar numbers as yours. I also haven't home brewed in years, but definitely remember hitting that 300 mark without a crash. And also agree with precious poster about going higher then 1%ba

I personally loved eo when brewing anything at high mg/ml but 300mg for a enan shouldn't be any issue. I've done upward of that and not have it crash with similar numbers as yours. I also haven't home brewed in years, but definitely remember hitting that 300 mark without a crash. And also agree with precious poster about going higher then 1%ba

Oh ok, so you even agree that 1% might be fine?

Ended up going with the below ratios...

30g Test E powder
2ml BA
18ml BB
26ml GSO
26ml Safflower oil

Filtered with Millipore .22 stericup.

Looks cloudy and as if the oil is swirly in solution, not sure if that’s because of the mixed oil?

Last edited:
It still looks cloudy after filtering? Cloudy could mean moisture which isn't good.

Yes, still cloudy after filtering. I brewed TPP at 150mg/ml the same way as well, but that was a beautiful golden brown as always.

Should I put it in the oven at 250 F for another 30 min or do 350F for maybe 45 while leaving the rubber stopper half on so it won't trap the air (which is what I did last time like I always do)?

Meant previous poster* going higher then 1%ba... As mentioned before homebrew is nowhere near as sterile as legit pharmaceutical labs. 2% doesn't seem crazy and can't hurt

I disagree with you on this subject broski. Not in any other means other than to educate and help us here on Ology get better. Benzyl Alcohol is a bacterioSTATIC not bacterioCIDAL!!!! Hence the term Bacteriostatic Water!!! Bacteriostatic compounds simply hinder or retard the growth of bacteria!!!! So, when you are brewing and you happen to not get ALLLL the bacteria out of or away from your brew. Then for all intents and purposes the BA should keep those bacteria from being able to replicate. It retards their growth. Since bacteria are unicellular they replicate to reproduce.. If they cannot replicate they cannot reach INFECTIOUS levels therefore you do not get an infection. Generally, if a bacteria cannot replicate, then the bacteria strain dies out. Since most bacteria have relatively short lives, if there is not much bacteria to start with and the BA retards their structure inabling replication then when the last cell dies the bacteria is gone.

To the OP, you would DEFINATELY want to go with Test E rather than C. At a true 300mg/ml, if you have TRUE Cyp you are going to have a TOUGH time getting it to hold in solution!!! Very tough! 1 day different in the half life of C and E and honestly if you research it enough online bro you will see that the difference in them is really and truthfully mental. People swear to all these differences in the compounds results but as with placebo, the mind is a POWERFUL thing. Especially with HORMONES involved!!! I could write a book on what I have seen with this EXACT topic!! Some of the craziest stuff I have seen and heard claimed from guys that have NO clue.

Back