can you gain muscle at all while cutting?

Jacky_Zebsten

hey,

i'm planning a cutting cycle. i work my upper body and have always neglected my legs... so i'd like to work on them also

when i'm running a cutting cycle, if i work my legs alot more, am I going to be able to put on any muscle in them?

You dont need to do a cutting cycle without a little mass to cut, so obviously you dont do squats, and 99% chance you dont do deadlifts, so let me guess you work chest, sholders and arms all the time, sounds like you want the muscles that impress the ladies, you honestly dont sound ready for steroids, get a fat burner get your diet in check, and do some cardio, and get a good program that includes squats and deads.

Last edited:
I'll second that. Learn to train your legs naturally first! After doing that you'll be amazed at the gains your upper body will make as well.

sounds proper to me, you better listen to your mentors

just to add to what was said, working out legs releases a lot of natural testorone, you'll increase every muscle with legs, and in the same way, without working out legs your only minimizing your possible gains

i never work out my legs sept when i walk .... but thats cuzz they always been musclerly HUGE . thank god im lucky liek that, whould hate to have chicken legs. girls dont liek that eather

Generally no. When your cutting your main focus is to maintain the muscle you have while stripping the fat. However, if you haven't worked legs before it is very possible that they will grow (given enough protein) due to shock.

thanks for the replies everyone

yes i am guilty of only working upper most visible part of body... but I'm admitting to that and trying to fix it :)

Back