Cardio AFTER workout

Chicago Made

Just to get rid of some of the excess fat, what do you guys think of say 20 minutes or so at a "fat burn" pace on the elipse post-workout?

Would one lose a lot (or how much) of lean muscle mass or is this a good way to get rid of that little somethin' somethin' extra in the mid-section?

Thanks!

Brian

post workout is alot better than before you work out. the problem with cardio before you workout is that it tend to use up alot of energy thast you need to lift heavy. post workout allows you to really tax the cardio pulmanary system without hindering the gains from your workout. as long as its kept within reason(dont go running for 2 hours), its very effective as far as fat burning. i believe that if used in conjuction with a good lifting program, its like the double edgeed sword of fat burning (cardio/heavy lifting). remember as far as fat burning is concerned, rasing your intensity is better than adding longer times on the treadmill.

bingo_soothes said:
Just to get rid of some of the excess fat, what do you guys think of say 20 minutes or so at a "fat burn" pace on the elipse post-workout?

Would one lose a lot (or how much) of lean muscle mass or is this a good way to get rid of that little somethin' somethin' extra in the mid-section?

Thanks!

Brian

cardio after workout is the best, 20-30minutes will do, if you do it in the morning with an empty stomach it i very catabolic it ill burn fat but losses muscle too whihc you dont want, so after workout is the way to go cause your body if already fired up from weights

goku_kakarot77 said:
cardio after workout is the best, 20-30minutes will do, if you do it in the morning with an empty stomach it i very catabolic it ill burn fat but losses muscle too whihc you dont want, so after workout is the way to go cause your body if already fired up from weights

What if u take some glutamine and BCAA'S b4 your early morning cardio, won't that reduce LBM loss?

danchubbz said:
What if u take some glutamine and BCAA'S b4 your early morning cardio, won't that reduce LBM loss?

i would woudnt risk it.. though it might help but it takes a while to get into your system, just take it before your workout and do your cardio after workout and youll be sweet

If you're ONLY doing cardio on an empty stomach (no weightlifting) you shouldn't be burning muscle. If you do cardio after weights on an empty stomach you probably will be hindering recovery.

Back