Cardio

NAS

Hi, I've just joined a gym and am about to embark on some heavy cardio in order to help me get cut and improve me cv endurance.

Is 7/8 am a good time to do cardio?

Also, should I have protein shake before my cardio workout? With Water/Milk?

Would doing cardio for more than an hour be catabolic?

Wht target rate should I be hitting in order to get fitter and burn fat?

Any more tips please?

Also, what should I consume post-workout?

Would 2 eggs and a cup of tea with 2 sugars be ok

I do cardio early am,empty stomach,I think it burns more body fat by not using the food in your stomach(if that makes sence) then I use a protien shake after ,nector is good low cal

I don't believe that doing cardio in the morning burns more fat. In fact, I think the time of day you perform cardio has little significance on fat burning. I think that intensity and consistency are far more important.

To burn fat you need to expend more energy (calories) than you are consuming. Intensity is going to increase your daily energy expenditure and help you reach a calorie deficit.

This is true whether you perform your cardio at 5 a.m. or 5 p.m. The calories you expend are going to be the same.

will u just said it u need too expend more energy (calories) than u you are consuming. So in the morning you have no caloires therefore u would be burning alot more.
But your right u could eat two meals and then go do cardio 4 hours later and still possiblie burn fat, but not as much.

Beast_19_301 said:
will u just said it u need too expend more energy (calories) than u you are consuming. So in the morning you have no caloires therefore u would be burning alot more.
But your right u could eat two meals and then go do cardio 4 hours later and still possiblie burn fat, but not as much.

Like I said, fat is mobilized in favour of glycogen , so as long as you wait until insulin has been cleared out of your system (1-4 hours, depending on meal), cardio should burn as much fat as in the morning. Makes sense?

Back