Carnivore Diet and My Second Cycle

keldon

Prepping for my second cycle after 8 years. I'm planning on doing another Test E only cycle. My hopes is to add about 10 lbs of muscle. However, I have been doing the carnivore diet and I'm worried I won't be eating enough calories to gain that much. I really don't want to have to go back to eating carbs, but I've considered adding rice into my diet if it is completely necessary for growth during this period. I eat ribeye steak almost everyday with bacon, and I also eat pork belly and ribs to mix it up about every other day. Drink half a gallon to almost a gallon of organic milk per day and will throw in some protein powder as a snack mid-day sometimes. I also eat cheese and sometimes eggs but sort of hate the eggs... With this diet, will Test E only allow for the gains I am looking for?

so heres the deal, you need to give us numbers, your stats, macros, and read up on first cycles even though you say this is your second, looks like you didnt learn a thing your first cycle. share your last cycle too.
10 pounds is alot of muscle to put on.

I eat ribeye steak almost everyday with bacon, and I also eat pork belly and ribs to mix it up about every other day.

How....about...chicken?
Because neither of your options are low in fat, even rendered.
And a gallon of milk per day? Wow.... Not only does it contain lots of lactose sugars.
But a gallon organic per day comes out to over 100gram fat and 180 carbs.

You need to research both cycles and diet.

your 5 9' and 150 pounds and drinking almost a gallon of milk per day and eating a ribeye steak each day, you should be gaining like a mo. love me some lactose sugars!
lets talk about your training.

So you seem to have a little extra cash for your diet, why not contact 3J here and have him set you up right and proper to gain the most that you can during your cycle? I would for sure.

How....about...chicken?
Because neither of your options are low in fat, even rendered.
And a gallon of milk per day? Wow.... Not only does it contain lots of lactose sugars.
But a gallon organic per day comes out to over 100gram fat and 180 carbs.

You need to research both cycles and diet.

Fats act as your only source for vitamins and energy if you are working a carnivore diet. Humans need fats. Don't believe the myth about fat being bad for you. My diet is solid. I'm asking about whether it's feasible to get the muscle mass with such a low carb diet. Chicken is low in fat , it does nothing for me. I get in all the protein I need, plus more. The milk is a personal choice and I am willing to eat the small amount of sugars and carbs for the easy calories I can get from it.

So you seem to have a little extra cash for your diet, why not contact 3J here and have him set you up right and proper to gain the most that you can during your cycle? I would for sure.

I did exactly that for my first cycle. I had massive gains from it and I have thanked 3J for his help. I could just do the common high carb diet but I want to eat clean. Carnivore is my diet for this cycle. I was curious about my gains.

Last edited:
What's your percentage for macros? Doing the math off gallon of milk it would 174 grams of sugars. Like 1,200 calories from sugar.

What's your percentage for macros? Doing the math off gallon of milk it would 174 grams of sugars. Like 1,200 calories from sugar.

There are 4 calories in 1 gram of sugar, so that's 696 calories from sugar for each half gallon. Considering that I am not ingesting any other products with sugar or carbohydrates (which convert into sugar) I don't see a problem. I'm a little confused as to why you guys would be concerned about sugar though when your diet is dependent on sugar... Mine isn't.

Last edited:
for the record all animal/fish fat if good for you, always in moderation, period.
if you dont believe me just look at the diets in Asia and the amounts of fats that they use in foods, when the last time you saw a fat Chinaman? or at least back in the days when i was growing up i never saw fat asians, that is until american corporate fast foods chains made their evil way into that beautiful culture that is now all but wiped out.

There are 4 calories in 1 gram of sugar, so that's 696 calories from sugar for each half gallon. Considering that I am not ingesting any other products with sugar or carbohydrates (which convert into sugar) I don't see a problem. I'm a little confused as to why you guys would be concerned about sugar though when your diet is dependent on sugar... Mine isn't.

I'm just talking man. Your math matches my math. I can see you're not eating starches. carbohydrate wise you do eat sugars. I dont think you will run into a stick keto diet problem.

I asked about macros so people can fire off that you eat plenty of carbs and just eat more fat.

Milk and peanut butter have helped me. I tend to not eat enough and can get 1k calories in a PB sandwhich and big glass of milk.

Milk and peanut butter have helped me. I tend to not eat enough and can get 1k calories in a PB sandwhich and big glass of milk.

you hit a nerve the brother, i tear those up, even better when i make my own peanut butter and strawberry jelly. Ice cold is the key for the milk chaser, yummy for my tummy and a great late night snack when Im bulking. i did it so much that i got my girlfriend addicted to eating them late at night. she even took it a step further and grilled them on a sautee pan :smoker:butter like a grilled cheese sandwhich so so good man and thats the way ive been eating them since bulk or no bulk. :afro:

you hit a nerve the brother, i tear those up, even better when i make my own peanut butter and strawberry jelly. Ice cold is the key for the milk chaser, yummy for my tummy and a great late night snack when Im bulking. i did it so much that i got my girlfriend addicted to eating them late at night. she even took it a step further and grilled them on a sautee pan :smoker:butter like a grilled cheese sandwhich so so good man and thats the way ive been eating them since bulk or no bulk. :afro:

she showed you the way! my wife does it with Nutella so a hot grilled nutella and strawberry sandwhich. eat 3 of those and chase it with a quart of ice cold milk and pure nirvana man. Mana from heaven.

Fats act as your only source for vitamins and energy if you are working a carnivore diet. Humans need fats. Don't believe the myth about fat being bad for you. My diet is solid. I'm asking about whether it's feasible to get the muscle mass with such a low carb diet. Chicken is low in fat , it does nothing for me. I get in all the protein I need, plus more. The milk is a personal choice and I am willing to eat the small amount of sugars and carbs for the easy calories I can get from it.

Wow, thats so wrong i'm not sure where to begin. "only source for vitamins and energy"... I've never sad fats are bad for you but you're getting pretty damn much just from the milk as one source only, then ribeyes, ribs etc etc on top of that.
Protein is what makes you grow, AAS increases protein synthesis so if you get enough protein, you'll grow. Which you should but it feels like you're forgetting digestion and fibers but i digress.
Carbs or not doesn't make you grow but no carbs depletes you pretty fast and personally I cant stand low carb diets, feel sleepy all day and yes i've gone "past that phase", still sucks for me.

You do your carnivore diet, dont fix what aint broken :)

Wow, thats so wrong i'm not sure where to begin. "only source for vitamins and energy"... I've never sad fats are bad for you but you're getting pretty damn much just from the milk as one source only, then ribeyes, ribs etc etc on top of that.
Protein is what makes you grow, AAS increases protein synthesis so if you get enough protein, you'll grow. Which you should but it feels like you're forgetting digestion and fibers but i digress.
Carbs or not doesn't make you grow but no carbs depletes you pretty fast and personally I cant stand low carb diets, feel sleepy all day and yes i've gone "past that phase", still sucks for me.

You do your carnivore diet, dont fix what aint broken :)

Nothing digests easier and more successfully than meat. You hardly waste any nutrients. Fiber is not necessary when you're not shoveling carbs down your throat all day. You're also forgetting the nutrients from the fats themselves. You do understand that meat is healthy and good for you, right? I know that a lot of people would say otherwise, but humans have been living off meat only diets for thousands of years.

Back