Carnivore Diet and My Second Cycle

I remember debunking another wellness guru (Don Tolman) many years back to some of his budding disciples that I knew. Dude was from the other end of the spectrum - promoting vegetarianism and fasting. He claimed to have fasted 40 days, drank a liter of grape juice and then ran a marathon, alongside a load of other BS he used to spin. Dude tends to prey on oldies with chronic illnesses for whom 'life extension' or ditching medications is a big goal, but the premise of the grift and emotional appeals are the same. He also used to and still does invoke ideas of ancient wisdom, and 'natural' man.

My guess is most of these carnivore guys popping up now are marketing to the feelings of mostly disaffected, single men, who dream of being more alpha or something and have a deep feeling of resentment towards the establishment.

They're grifting you and your desire to be a special snowflake.

Eat your steak if you enjoy it, but for heaven's sake just eat your greens and some fruit as well which billions of people have successfully done before you.

e: Also i noticed that grifty mcgrifterson was flogging biltong on his website. Don't buy it, learn how to make it yourself. Its much more fun and rewarding.

Last edited:
I remember debunking another wellness guru (Don Tolman) many years back to some of his budding disciples that I knew. Dude was from the other end of the spectrum - promoting vegetarianism and fasting. He claimed to have fasted 40 days, drank a liter of grape juice and then ran a marathon, alongside a load of other BS he used to spin. Dude tends to prey on oldies with chronic illnesses for whom 'life extension' or ditching medications is a big goal, but the premise of the grift and emotional appeals are the same. He also used to and still does invoke ideas of ancient wisdom, and 'natural' man.

My guess is most of these carnivore guys popping up now are marketing to the feelings of mostly disaffected, single men, who dream of being more alpha or something and have a deep feeling of resentment towards the establishment.

They're grifting you and your desire to be a special snowflake.

Eat your steak if you enjoy it, but for heaven's sake just eat your greens and some fruit as well which billions of people have successfully done before you.

e: Also i noticed that grifty mcgrifterson was flogging biltong on his website. Don't buy it, learn how to make it yourself. Its much more fun and rewarding.

Okay here's the deal. I love sweets, and that's the hardest thing to give up with this diet. To compensate, about once a week I will eat a couple handfuls of dehydrated golden berries. They have vitamins and all that. I'm not completely outside of the reality that this diet may have its downsides. I am experimenting with it. I tried it for two weeks and felt so amazing that I just do not want to stop it. I am 36 days in and still feel great. However, if I feel that my health is declining, or something is very wrong, I will not hesitate to incorporate other things into the diet. However, so far I'm not experiencing any negative side effects as of yet. On the contrary, as said before, my vascularity is fucking insane right now, I'm no longer in a brain fog, and I am not at all depressed (which is something that I have battled for a very long time) and I'm having zero sleep issues. I've been putting on solid muscle and lost the fat in my trouble areas (belly and chest) very quickly.

Last edited:
Okay here's the deal. I love sweets, and that's the hardest thing to give up with this diet. To compensate, about once a week I will eat a couple handfuls of dehydrated golden berries. They have vitamins and all that. I'm not completely outside of the reality that this diet may have its downsides. I am experimenting with it. I tried it for two weeks and felt so amazing that I just do not want to stop it. I am 36 days in and still feel great. However, if I feel that my health is declining, or something is very wrong, I will not hesitate to incorporate other things into the diet. However, so far I'm not experiencing any negative side effects as of yet. On the contrary, as said before, my vascularity is fucking insane right now, I'm no longer in a brain fog, and I am not at all depressed (which is something that I have battled for a very long time) and I'm having zero sleep issues. I've been putting on solid muscle and lost the fat in my trouble areas (belly and chest) very quickly.

Well, if you say its working for you at least in terms of how you feel thats good. Im slightly relieved that you consume at least some fruit.

Just be really skeptical of these carnivore guys and their claims though. They may have a couple of OK points here and there, or appear to, but they'll also slip through untruths quite happily. Don't let them turn your body into the battleground for a culture war. The end result of a lot of these mindsets is a constellation of weird beliefs (you can probably spot them emerging in the community), and don't underestimate the ability of these gurus to have absolutely zero morals and advocate things that are dangerous or straight up don't work.

Just one more question - have you actually tried strictly adhering to a more standard bodybuilding or athletic diet template? I realise this is a little harder to do than just cooking up steaks, but the diets of pros for the most part are not that different from each other and have seen plenty of them into old age without too many problems, as well as helping them with their goals at the time.

Last edited:
Just one more question - have you actually tried strictly adhering to a more standard bodybuilding or athletic diet template? I realise this is a little harder to do than just cooking up steaks, but the diets of pros for the most part are not that different from each other and have seen plenty of them into old age without too many problems, as well as helping them with their goals at the time.

I did a mix of dirty and clean bulk with my first cycle. I took 3J's advice for the most part but I ate a lot of Arby's melts also. I gained around 20 lbs, but it was not all muscle. I got bigger, which was the goal, but it was a lot of water weight. I'm trying to avoid putting on too much of anything other than muscle. And I just don't trust carbs. If I must, for the cycle, I'll pull out the old rice cooker and eat only white jasmine rice as my fuel source, along with my meats. That is still in consideration but it still makes me cringe to think that I may have to do it.

I did a mix of dirty and clean bulk with my first cycle. I took 3J's advice for the most part but I ate a lot of Arby's melts also. I gained around 20 lbs, but it was not all muscle. I got bigger, which was the goal, but it was a lot of water weight. I'm trying to avoid putting on too much of anything other than muscle. And I just don't trust carbs. If I must, for the cycle, I'll pull out the old rice cooker and eat only white jasmine rice as my fuel source, along with my meats. That is still in consideration but it still makes me cringe to think that I may have to do it.

Give biltong a go too perhaps. Its delicious, portable, and you can make it from fattier cuts if you want, and the coating of spices probably wont do you any harm. You can construct a box pretty easily and there plenty of recipes around. I can supply you with my own if you want, which in my opinion is the greatest.

Give biltong a go too perhaps. Its delicious, portable, and you can make it from fattier cuts if you want, and the coating of spices probably wont do you any harm. You can construct a box pretty easily and there plenty of recipes around. I can supply you with my own if you want, which in my opinion is the greatest.

Biltong looks fascinating. Great idea! I have 2 dehydrators and have a lot of experience making my own jerky's but have never heard of biltong before. If you have a tried and true recipe, I'll give it a go.

OK. Here goes -

1. Buy hunk of meat. I'll buy between 3-4kg piece for a batch which fills my box to capacity and gives about 60-70% final product weight. Silverside is the preferred cut or rump is good for a first batch, personally I use ribeye because everything is leaner where I live although this is harder to butcher lengthways.
2. Slice meat into long strips about 1cm - 2cm thick.\
3. Put your meat in coarse rock salt for about 2 hours. Dont do it much longer than this or you'll possibly create something unpleasantly salty.
4. Wash off the salt with vinegar
5. Create an initial spice mix. Your 'base' should be 80/20 coriander seeds/black pepper. Thats the traditional mix. Grind up quite a lot of that with your mortar and pestle.
6. Coat all your meat pieces with this spice mix and then put in a mixing bowl and sprinkle more vinegar on top so the meat gets a fair bit of vinegar on it.
7. Leave this for a few hours in the fridge
8. Remove each strip from bowl and shake off the wetness a bit, then dip it in dry spice mix again then hang it in your device.

And to build upon the base spice mix, here is my own wisdom.

You want to use a mix that looks like this 70% coriander seed, 15% black pepper, 5% garlic and onion powder, 5% lightly toasted sesame seeds, 5% or less of chilli flakes, an extra bit of salt.

You can use any vinegar you want, but personally I use chinese black vinegar but also a bit of plain distilled white vinegar for initial washing.

Im not sure about your dehydrator but biltong ideally should be dried at room temperature, with low humidity. Drying will take between 1.5-3 days depending on taste.

There are plenty of youtube vids around to show you, some better than others but i think i've covered the salient points here.

Last edited:
There's a lot of variability out there. A lot of recipes involve sugar (this adds nothing). Some people dodge the salt entirely and get away with it (sucks).

The absolutely critical parts are vinegar and spices with antimicrobial properites (ie. your pepper and coriander), and slowly drying it in a dry area.

Oh, and bear in mind that biltong is a low-tech cured meat. It relies on hurdles to slowing bacteria growth rather than complete inhibition. So it probably isn't great for pregnant women.

Last edited:
There's a lot of variability out there. A lot of recipes involve sugar (this adds nothing). Some people dodge the salt entirely and get away with it (sucks).

The absolutely critical parts are vinegar and spices with antimicrobial properites (ie. your pepper and coriander), and slowly drying it in a dry area.

Oh, and bear in mind that biltong is a low-tech cured meat. It relies on hurdles to slowing bacteria growth rather than complete inhibition. So it probably isn't great for pregnant women.

Interesting. Weird that I've never heard of this before. According to the carnivore consensus, everyone agrees that spices are okay.

Hmm, meat is meat Carnivores shouldn't care where It comes from, In the African continent were "old muscle mike" live, the lion eats all the meat out of I't's pray Including private area I can't mention since your Imagination might go wild.

so eat up all and glow a growth of meat mass.

Hmm, meat is meat Carnivores shouldn't care where It comes from, In the African continent were "old muscle mike" live, the lion eats all the meat out of I't's pray Including private area I can't mention since your Imagination might go wild.

so eat up all and glow a growth of meat mass.

I think you're referencing the point that if you eat nothing but lean meats it is harmful. Lions eat the nutrient dense areas first, such as the organs and the fatty parts of their prey, stomach, Liver, Rump, etc. The point is that lean meat is protein, the fat is nutrients. If you ate nothing but lean meat, as a carnivore, you would be severely malnourished in no time. This is where nutrient diseases would begin to arise.

Last edited:
I think you're referencing the point that if you eat nothing but lean meats it is harmful. Lions eat the nutrient dense areas first, such as the organs and the fatty parts of their prey, stomach, Liver, Rump, etc. The point is that lean meat is protein, the fat is nutrients. If you ate nothing but lean meat, as a carnivore, you would be severely malnourished in no time. This is where nutrient diseases would begin to arise.

:Pokeowned thank you for making look bad.

But Keldon you seem so well Inform, can you please answer the fact that OldMuscleMike lives In africa and carnivores private parts?:molepoke:

Have you started your cycle yet?

I read your previous thread and noticed as well that you were single. Is this still the case (no homo here)?

I havent much experience in the matter, but jamming test E into myself without a regular outlet for sex sounds unpleasant and frustrating (unless you're an expert at picking up women casually). Its an important, and possibly under discussed, aspect of 'diet'.

Have you started your cycle yet?

I read your previous thread and noticed as well that you were single. Is this still the case (no homo here)?

I havent much experience in the matter, but jamming test E into myself without a regular outlet for sex sounds unpleasant and frustrating (unless you're an expert at picking up women casually). Its an important, and possibly under discussed, aspect of 'diet'.

That's an interesting point. It was an issue I ran into with my first cycle. I am single now, but I am much more well off than I was in the past and I feel like I won't run into as many roadblocks as I did before. I'm much more stable and have a pretty good job. As far as dating, I don't really have a hard time meeting women with apps like tinder and bumble, so I think I'll be alright.

I haven't started my cycle yet. Still waiting on my GP Test E to come in the mail. I should be starting in 15-20 days from now. I will be logging my entire cycle as I did with my first, so keep an eye out for that!

As far as dating, I don't really have a hard time meeting women with apps like tinder and bumble, so I think I'll be alright.

Cool, as long as you are able to source a bit with tinder and have enough pulling power.

Some people manage to get through life without a whole lot of sex, but its fair to say that on a forum like this we're probably all somatic people and this is an important thing to take care of.

That's an interesting point. It was an issue I ran into with my first cycle. I am single now, but I am much more well off than I was in the past and I feel like I won't run into as many roadblocks as I did before. I'm much more stable and have a pretty good job. As far as dating, I don't really have a hard time meeting women with apps like tinder and bumble, so I think I'll be alright.

I haven't started my cycle yet. Still waiting on my GP Test E to come in the mail. I should be starting in 15-20 days from now. I will be logging my entire cycle as I did with my first, so keep an eye out for that!
good to hear looking forward to it! when do you start?

all said and done if you want to pack the muscles in you have to eat meat. there was a mod around here that was a vegan but probably died from lack of protein. lol.

all said and done if you want to pack the muscles in you have to eat meat. there was a mod around here that was a vegan but probably died from lack of protein. lol.

vegans and steroids do not mix. lol its like trying to put carrots inside the gas tank of a Ferrari.

Back