Chilli?

workoutfreak078

What do you guys think of chilli? Is chilli a good dinner to eat for dinner? I know that the beans are packed out with protein.

It all depends on what your goals are. Canned chili usually has a lot of fat(saturated), sodium and other fillers in there. If you're just trying to put on weight and you don't care about getting fat, then go for it. If not, I would say to stay away.

It all depends on what your goals are. Canned chili usually has a lot of fat(saturated), sodium and other fillers in there. If you're just trying to put on weight and you don't care about getting fat, then go for it. If not, I would say to stay away.

yea because eating fat makes you fat.

or are you saying that sodium and "fillers" make people fat? i seriously dont know how you deduce that fat + sodium = you get fat now. i was always under the impression that overeating made people fat.

this is literally the first recipe that i found after googling "chili recipe". please to be explaining how this will make a person fat. is it the paprika? it must be paprika.
BLACK BEAN CHILI

4 C Dried black beans, sorted and rinsed
2 T Cumin seed
2 T dried oregano, preferably Mexican
1/2 C Olive oil
2 large onions, chopped
1 1/2 C finely diced green bell peppers
3 T minced garlic
4 1/2 tsp Hungarian paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
3 C crushed tomatoes in puree
4 fresh Jalapeno peppers, seeded and deveined, finely chopped
1 large Red bell pepper
6 oz Goat cheese, crumbled
Sour cream
warm flour tortillas

Last edited:
What do you guys think of chilli? Is chilli a good dinner to eat for dinner? I know that the beans are packed out with protein.

beans have a decent protein content, but they are much higher in carbs. not that this is bad, but they are more of a carb source than a protein source.

a lot of chili recipes call for meat, which is where the protein would come from. or just go for any non-meat recipe you like and have a protein shake on the side. whatever.

beans have a decent protein content, but they are much higher in carbs. not that this is bad, but they are more of a carb source than a protein source.

a lot of chili recipes call for meat, which is where the protein would come from. or just go for any non-meat recipe you like and have a protein shake on the side. whatever.

Thanks. :)

I was low on money and it was between the pizza my bro brought home, or a small bowl of chilli. I went for the better choice and ate the chilli.

I eat chili... Not much of a canned chili, more homemade. It just depends on how you make it and what your goals are.
When I was cutting, I would eat Chili twice a week using a simple recipe I found while reading the South Beach Diet. It was bascially Black Beans (I think the black beans have more fiber then the others), extra lean gound beef or ground turkey, fresh poblano chli's, thick/chunky salsa (basically tomato's and onions), water and chili powder. Plus a little light or fat free cheese to sprinkle on top. Nothing bad about any of of that my man! :)

I tend to make my own chilli this way you know exactly whats goin in your body, no hidden nasties.

Back