Ckd

tase

Found out on OCT 10th I have Chronic Kidney disease (End stage renal failure) which obviously means until I have a kidney transplant I cannot train due to being on dialysis x 3 a week for 4 hrs...However the Doc says i can do "light" training only in the mean time.

I have done some research on bodybuilders contacting the disease and came across Don Long who had the same problem,continued training through the dialysis and is now back and competed in Mr O 2008.

OBVIOUSLY he has given me a lot of hope!I don't want to be as big as he is,just want to get back to 15 1/2 st and then up it to 17st max only.

What kind of juice do think he would on! I know some like Winstrol (winny) can play havoc on the kidneys! Is there any others that can be recommended to me! and those which i should avoid!

Help!

Cheers

Is there any others that can be recommended to me! and those which i should avoid!

all of them...dude, you're in a pretty sensitive spot right now, my sister died from a very similar if not the same situation. granted she was using rec drugs, steroids still place a great deal of stress on your body that you cant be sure your body can handle at the moment. be patient, get better and take care of yourself. you cant be a bodybuilder if you're dead.

Bro, get well and you'll make a come back...for sure! I had major back surgery and had to be out of the game for 2 yrs. Just be patient and you will be back.
Read and research Primobolan and Anavar for your come back when you are healthy. They're mild and productive options.
Peace Oz
Good Luck my friend

Sorry to hear about your condition. It's not worth the risk, take the advice and good luck bro. Live to fight another day.

being a stone bigger at the risk of dying...not worth it. Get the kideny sorted out first bro, the rest of your life can come after that.

Sorry to hear about your condition my mother had the same thing back in the summer time hope u get back on ur feet.....

Thank you for all you replies it means alot to me.

I will be starting back light training as I said with dumbells next week.

I am not even looking or thinking or touching steroids again untill after I am better etc - My question was once I am better I need AAS which are not harsh on the liver n kidneys or doesnt elevate my bloodpressure too much.

I was recommended HGH stack with minimalist dose of Anavar!What do you all think!

Its amazing how you body changes in 3months - I have dun roids x2 in my life @ 10week periods each time.

Aprt from that i dont do drugs,dont drink etc....

But yes I will research more AAS in the meanwihle.

Good luck mate. I'd stay away from the gear as I said, maybe when you have recovered HGH would be a good choice, but I'd still play things safe.

update on research #1

I found out that Deca is used to treat anemia which I have and which is an effect/condition of ckd

Nandrolone Decanoate general information

Managing anemia caused by kidney problems. It may also be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.

Nandrolone is an anabolic steroid. It works by increasing the growth of certain tissues in the body and has been shown to improve the oxygen-carrying ability of blood by increasing hemoglobin and the size of red blood cells.
Nandrolone Decanoate dosage and administration

Nandrolone decanoate injection is intended for deep intramuscular injection only, into the gluteal muscle preferably.

Dosage should be based on therapeutic response and consideration of the benefit to risk ratio. Duration of therapy will depend on the response of the condition and the appearance of adverse reactions. If possible, therapy should be intermittent.

Nandrolone decanoate should be regarded as adjunctive therapy and adequate quantities of nutrients should be consumed in order to obtain maximal therapeutic effects. For example, when it is used in the treatment of refractory anemia, adequate iron intake is required for a maximal response.
Anemia of Renal Disease

A dose of 50 to 100 mg per week is recommended for women and 100 to 200 mg per week for men. Drug therapy should be discontinued if no hematologic improvement is seen within the first six months. For children from 2 to 13 years of age, the average dose is 25 to 50 mg every 3 to 4 weeks.

Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever the solution and container permit.

Nandrolone Decanoate side effects

Along with its needed effects, a medicine may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.

Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur :

* Yellow eyes or skin
* Black, tarry, or light-colored stools; dark-colored urine; purple-or red-colored spots on body or inside the mouth or nose; sore throat and/or fever; vomiting of blood

Also, check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur:

* Bone pain; nausea or vomiting; sore tongue; swelling of feet or lower legs; unusual bleeding; unusual weight gain
* Abdominal or stomach pain; feeling of discomfort (continuing); headache (continuing); hives; loss of appetite (continuing); unexplained weight loss; unpleasant breath odor (continuing)

sorry :(

Last edited:
I found out that Deca is used to treat anemia which I have and which is an effect/condition of ckd

Nandrolone Decanoate general information

Managing anemia caused by kidney problems. It may also be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.

Nandrolone is an anabolic steroid. It works by increasing the growth of certain tissues in the body and has been shown to improve the oxygen-carrying ability of blood by increasing hemoglobin and the size of red blood cells.
Nandrolone Decanoate dosage and administration

Nandrolone decanoate injection is intended for deep intramuscular injection only, into the gluteal muscle preferably.

Dosage should be based on therapeutic response and consideration of the benefit to risk ratio. Duration of therapy will depend on the response of the condition and the appearance of adverse reactions. If possible, therapy should be intermittent.

Nandrolone decanoate should be regarded as adjunctive therapy and adequate quantities of nutrients should be consumed in order to obtain maximal therapeutic effects. For example, when it is used in the treatment of refractory anemia, adequate iron intake is required for a maximal response.
Anemia of Renal Disease

A dose of 50 to 100 mg per week is recommended for women and 100 to 200 mg per week for men. Drug therapy should be discontinued if no hematologic improvement is seen within the first six months. For children from 2 to 13 years of age, the average dose is 25 to 50 mg every 3 to 4 weeks.

Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever the solution and container permit.

Nandrolone Decanoate side effects

Along with its needed effects, a medicine may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.

Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur :

* Yellow eyes or skin
* Black, tarry, or light-colored stools; dark-colored urine; purple-or red-colored spots on body or inside the mouth or nose; sore throat and/or fever; vomiting of blood

Also, check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur:

* Bone pain; nausea or vomiting; sore tongue; swelling of feet or lower legs; unusual bleeding; unusual weight gain
* Abdominal or stomach pain; feeling of discomfort (continuing); headache (continuing); hives; loss of appetite (continuing); unexplained weight loss; unpleasant breath odor (continuing)

Buy Deca Durabolin (Nandrolone decanoate) Online | Supreme Pharmacy

You should take the link out of your post mate.

I would let the doctor prescribe that to you if they feel you could benefit from it. I wouldn't go self medicating.

update #2

Steroids Found to Strengthen Patients Weakened by Illness

By HOLCOMB B. NOBLE
Published: April 14, 1999

Two anabolic steroids, muscle-building male-hormone substitutes, have given renewed strength to patients who had been severely weakened from being on kidney dialysis and to patients who suffered marked weight loss from the AIDS virus, researchers report.

The authors of two studies published in today's Journal of the American Medical Association recommended that a low dose of the drugs, which in higher quantities are known to have serious side effects, be put to immediate use for the sickest of both groups of patients.

But the authors, along with an editorial, cautioned against wider use of anabolic steroids, which in similar synthetic compounds have been used in large doses by some professional and amateur athletes to build muscle mass and enhance weight lifting or other forms of physical performance. These steroids are substitutes for human testosterone, which is responsible for male characteristics like increased muscle tissue, facial hair and a deep voice.

The medical researchers said that more study was needed to learn more precisely the levels and length of time the drugs can be safely taken. Among the side effects at high levels are stimulation of prostate tumors, liver disorders, worsening cholesterol levels, and uncontrolled aggressive behavior.

''The results with low doses for seriously ill patients were very encouraging -- enough so to warrant the use now for these patients,'' said Dr. Kirsten L. Johansen, an assistant professor of medicine at the University of California at San Francisco, who led the study of dialysis patients.

Dr. Johansen estimated that as many as 10 percent of the 250,000 patients on dialysis machines warrant the steroid treatment. Loss of muscle mass has been associated with a significantly reduced life span among patients in long-term dialysis programs, as it has in patients infected with H.I.V., the virus that causes AIDS.

In the accompanying report on patients infected with H.I.V., Dr. Alison Strawford, a researcher at the University of California at San Francisco and the lead author of the study, said a similar drug when used with a supervised weight lifting program produced a significant gain in muscle strength.

For the dialysis study, researchers looked at 29 patients with end-stage kidney disease. To build muscle mass, 14 of the patients were given synthetic anabolic steroids made of the chemical compound nandrolone decanoate in combination with exercise periods of walking and stair climbing. Fifteen patients received placebo injections.

After six months, the researchers found that the patients given steroids had increased their lean mass, or nonfat body weight by an average of 5.5 pounds more than the average gain in the placebo group. The steroid group walked 10 percent faster, while the placebo group slowed by 10 percent. Using a measurement known as the Profile of Mood States, the steroid group was also found to have become significantly less fatigued, Dr. Johansen said.

In the project aimed at reversing weight loss related to H.I.V., 11 of 22 patients were given a synthetic steroid, oxandrolone, and 11 received a placebo. All 22 were put on a modest resistance weight lifting program. The gains for upper and lower body strength among those on the steroid were significantly greater than for the placebo group, Dr. Strawford said. Those given the steroid gained an average of 16 pounds compared with a gain of 8 pounds for the placebo group.

The one adverse side effect, Dr. Strawford said, was a significant drop in high-density lipoprotein cholesterol -- the good kind -- which helps prevent arterial clogging and heart attacks.

Back