Clen/T3 question?

igg55555

I keep hearing that clen/t3 may not do anything for people that are higher in bodyfat. Why is this? I understand a clean diet and training is are the cornerstones to dropping BF, but if you had them in check why wouldn't clen/t3 help in speeding that process up for us fat guys?

Because if you just sit on your ass and take pills, nothing will happen. You should use diet and up to 2 hours of cardio a day to lose weight. When that stalls out you can try to add ECA, then after that you can try other things like clen/t3, but not before.

I get that sitting on your ass and just taking a pill will get you nowhere. I guess the question is that if clen speeds up your metabolism, why wouldn't it be true regardless of your current bf%? Is it more of just a general rule because if you are not at a low enough percentage you are more than likely not going to be motivated enough to stay on top of diet and training?

I am not questioning your advice. I was just looking for the reason for it.

Last edited:
I get that sitting on your ass and just taking a pill will get you nowhere. I guess the question is that if clen speeds up your metabolism, why wouldn't it be true regardless of your current bf%? Is it more of just a general rule because if you are not at a low enough percentage you are more than likely not going to be motivated enough to stay on top of diet and training?

Clen does not speed up your metabolism. It increases thermogenisis. This usually encompasses a rise in blood pressure and stimulating the heart muscle which leads to an increase in body temperature and many heart problems.

You can get better results with other stacks, proper diet and training, without the risk of heart problems.

What is your body fat percent?? total weight? diet?

Last edited:
Clen does not speed up your metabolism. It increases thermogenisis. This usually encompasses a rise in blood pressure and stimulating the heart muscle which leads to an increase in body temperature and many heart problems.

You can get better results with other stacks, proper diet and training, without the risk of heart problems.

What is your body fat percent?? total weight? diet?

Not sure on the BF%. I know it's high. I sent a couple of pics over to 3j so he could take a guess at it before looking at my diet. Weight is 255 lbs. After reading his free diet advice I know I currently am not getting enough calories.

I will be posting the whole diet on his diet thread but here the macros

Non workout days
Protein Carb Fat Cal
185 62.5 44 1337

Workout days
Protein Carb Fat Cal
180.3 133.5 55 1682

I trust your judgement and won't go down the clen/t3 road just yet. This is more of a fact finding mission at this point.

You mention that Clen does not speed up your metabolism, but increases thermogenisis. Does T3 work in the same manner?

Not sure on the BF%. I know it's high. I sent a couple of pics over to 3j so he could take a guess at it before looking at my diet. Weight is 255 lbs. After reading his free diet advice I know I currently am not getting enough calories.

I will be posting the whole diet on his diet thread but here the macros

Non workout days
Protein Carb Fat Cal
185 62.5 44 1337

Workout days
Protein Carb Fat Cal
180.3 133.5 55 1682

I trust your judgement and won't go down the clen/t3 road just yet. This is more of a fact finding mission at this point.

You mention that Clen does not speed up your metabolism, but increases thermogenisis. Does T3 work in the same manner?

What's with all the stupid questions, if you search for like 3 seconds you will find all your answers and then some.

Are you really that useless?

What's with all the stupid questions, if you search for like 3 seconds you will find all your answers and then some.

Are you really that useless?

Foby,
I appologize if my question was too pedestrian for a fount of knowledge like yourself. I have found tons of threads telling people if you are high in bodyfat to stay away from clen/and t3 until diet and training have got you in better shape. None that i found actually tell you why they work better in those circumstances. I wasn't looking for a magic pill or anything like that. I just didn't understand why increasing thermogenisis would not be beneficial to reduce fat regardless of your bodyfat percentage.

As far as finding if t3 increases thermogenisis, you are right I could have done the research and found that one on my own. Instead I was already replying to Blondie and tacked on one extra question in my response. She seems extremely knowledgeable on the subject, and didn't seem like she would be stingy on sharing that knowledge.

I am here asking questions because I obviously don't have all the answers. So I guess the answer to your question is yes. I really am that useless. Thanks for the constructive criticism on the post.

Yes I know you've heard many times and people will continue to tell you this but diet and exercise will bring the weight off and if it's not coming off then your doing something wrong. First you should do a physical with your family doc, he can check your blood to make sure everything is ok. Then you want to do a lot of research on calories, protein,fat,carbs and really structure the diet based on your statistics. 2nd you need to design a workout program for your needs not copy something from a magazine where the guys are competing for Mr. Olympia. 3rd you need to hit the cardio and 2hrs a day is a long time I'm a fairly large individual and I hurt my ankles from doing to much cardio and had to take months because the Achilles tendon got inflamed on both ankles. I was 280 lbs 5'10 16%bf now im 257 12% bf and yes its artificial muscle two of my good friends test and Winstrol (winny) helped me a long the way lol. I would start cardio for 30 mins for two weeks then add ten mins to make it 40 and then keep going up 10 mins until you get to 1 hr. I like to do different types of cardio to shock my body, boxing, jump rope, bike, swimming and so on. i would only include a fat burnerlike the eca stack if your at a plateau then throw it in and that will help burn more fat. any questions just ask

I keep hearing that clen/t3 may not do anything for people that are higher in bodyfat. Why is this? I understand a clean diet and training is are the cornerstones to dropping BF, but if you had them in check why wouldn't clen/t3 help in speeding that process up for us fat guys?

I dont believe this is true. I was 26% BF when I started T3 then added clen 3 weeks later. I had a clean diet and hit cardio morning and night. 2 months later I am 11% BF and much leaner. They will work as long as you eat clean and hit the stepper or bike or some sort of elliptical.

I dont believe this is true. I was 26% BF when I started T3 then added clen 3 weeks later. I had a clean diet and hit cardio morning and night. 2 months later I am 11% BF and much leaner. They will work as long as you eat clean and hit the stepper or bike or some sort of elliptical.

I dont even believe that is physically possible. 26% to 11% in 2 months? Am I reading this right or was that a typo? It would literally take at least a year to achieve that. I would be interested in seeing some before and after pictures to even consider believing it.

I am currently around 22% taking T3, clen, adderllin and forged burner-keto diet (~2500cal, 200-300P, <200F, <40C), cardio 4x/wk 20-45mins, lifting 3-5x/wk. I am not seeing results that extensive... I am seeing some results but your results seem to be ludicrous.

right now im on a 1900 a day diet..cardio everyday light lifting more reps.. im on clen Winstrol (winny) n t/e..
i'm 5'11 ..i was 269lbs dont i think i was 36% fat.. .. ne way i lost 16lbs in 11 days.. n prob acouple percent points. n still goin hard .. i jus ordered some t3 myself so im hoping that it works that much better,,, for one thing i'm commited to my cut cycle n my diet n excersise program.

I would have thought body fat too high from what I've learned. Also, combining the clen will further elevate your blood pressure, you better be careful.

Back