clomid to help test levels?

jonjrambo

My buddy(who takes so much shit it's not even funny) just got back from getting bloodwork done. He is 33 years old and the doc said his free test was 40. I'm not sure what that means. What units is that in? mg/liter of blood or something like that. What would be normal for a 33 year old man?

The doc said that he wants to put him on androgel or test injections once a week. That sounds stupid to me. Wouldn't administration of exogenous test cause my friend's natural test production to lessen? I was thinking more along the lines of HCG or Clomid to help bring his natural test back. What do you guys think.

My friend isn't very smart. He just takes a bunch of shit and never does his pct. But he really needs help this time and he's willing to listen finally. Any help is appreciated.
thanks,
jonj

jonjrambo said:
My buddy(who takes so much shit it's not even funny) just got back from getting bloodwork done. He is 33 years old and the doc said his free test was 40. I'm not sure what that means. What units is that in? mg/liter of blood or something like that. What would be normal for a 33 year old man?
Different labs have different sensitivity, so you have to go by the ranges provided by the lab.

jonjrambo said:
The doc said that he wants to put him on androgel or test injections once a week. That sounds stupid to me. Wouldn't administration of exogenous test cause my friend's natural test production to lessen? I was thinking more along the lines of HCG or Clomid to help bring his natural test back. What do you guys think.
At least this doctor knows to do the injections weekly. Many doctors do not.

Did your friend run post cycle therapy (pct) after his last cycle? How long ago did he finish his last cycle?

Sometimes it makes the most sense to try and recover with SERMs (Clomid or Nolvadex) and sometimes it makes sense to go ahead and start real testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). Depends on the situation. If the person might well recover from another post cycle therapy (pct), then yeah, do that. But sometimes the person is so depressed from low testosterone that they need the HRT ASAP. And if your friend is going to keep doing crazy cycles, then perhaps he needs to get used to HRT.

jonjrambo said:
My friend isn't very smart. He just takes a bunch of shit and never does his post cycle therapy (pct). But he really needs help this time and he's willing to listen finally. Any help is appreciated.
thanks,
jonj
Oh shit, yeah, if he doesn't run post cycle therapy (pct) then now if the time to run a nice long post cycle therapy (pct).

he's been clean for about 3 months I think. He never runs post cycle therapy (pct), so that is why I think he should before he starts taking test injections or androgel. I'm gonna get him on a 3 week clomid post cycle therapy (pct) and maybe some hcg if we can find it. Thanks for the advice.

jonjrambo said:
he's been clean for about 3 months I think. He never runs post cycle therapy (pct), so that is why I think he should before he starts taking test injections or androgel. I'm gonna get him on a 3 week clomid post cycle therapy (pct) and maybe some hcg if we can find it. Thanks for the advice.
If he ends up using hCG, then make sure he uses the Clomid for a few weeks after he discontinues the hCG.

3 months since he finished and no post cycle therapy (pct); I'm really not at all surprised that his testosterone is low.

If he didn't tell the doctor about his past Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use, the doc is not going to be able to diagnose the cause of the problem and recomend a proper treatment. He should be upfront with his doc.

Back