Considering a beginners Deca cycle

machine144

I'm new on this forum and virgin when it comes to gear. However, I've been working out for 20 years, I'm 34 now. I've been on TRT for 8 months and have been dosing that at 170 a week. I'm supplementing HCG 5 days after a dose and an E blocker 2 days after. I started that because overall energy, muscle fatigue and muscle retention was declining.

I'm considering a low dose cycle to put on some more muscle, frankly because I work hard at the gym and want to boost my results. Over the last 10 years the lightest I've been is 170lbs and the heaviest 200lbs. Currently I'm floating around 193-196, that's up from 170 a year ago. I'm eating right to maintain that weight but I've plateaued. I'm 5'10 193lbs around 12-14 % body fat.

Any dosage recommendations and how long of a cycle should I do? Realistically I just want to do this one cycle and be done. I have a vacation coming up in 5 months so I'd like to boost my gains a little before then.

How about you consider a test only 500mg ew cycle and save the deca for when you understand things better? Read stickys friend. That is the yellow brick road.

How about you consider a test only 500mg ew cycle and save the deca for when you understand things better? Read stickys friend. That is the yellow brick road.

I agree skip deca till u have some experiance under ur belt it shuts u down harder than anything else and u need to run it 12-14 weeks so that means a 16 week cycle because u have to run test longer than deca if u want to run two oils do test and mast e much better choice my freind

Welcome buddy! Deca is stepping deeper into it, best know what your getting into. It should not be used as a first cycle.

I also recommend a test only cycle. One cause it's your first cycle and two because you mentioned doing this to get ready for a vacation. Deca will make you retain water and I assume you want a bigger but still trim look. Some of the gains from test will be water weight as well, but deca will be worse.

You say you take an E blocker. What exactly is it you take?

I also recommend a test only cycle. One cause it's your first cycle and two because you mentioned doing this to get ready for a vacation. Deca will make you retain water and I assume you want a bigger but still trim look. Some of the gains from test will be water weight as well, but deca will be worse.

You say you take an E blocker. What exactly is it you take?

Anastrozole is what I'm currently on. I've been going to a T clinic for the duration of my TRT. All labs are on point (according to the doc) after adding in the e blocker. I'm not really looking to start multiple cycles so I'll pass on the deca per y'alls advice. I just really want to stay at my weight but get cut again. Mainly abs.

Were you thinking of using deca because you could add it without throwing off your bliod work with the clinic? I thought most low T clinics were pretty much cool with blasting as long as you give them a heads up, that way they won't pull bloods until you're back to normal?

I can definitely say abs come from diet. Before getting on trt, i was a 208lb mexican fod eating, beer drinking fatty. It was approx March and I started eating right, stopped drinking, and set a goal to have abs by end of year. It was December before the bottom row came in well enough for me to officially say I had abs, but I made it.

I made that goal on my own, but shortly after enlisted the help of 3J and discovered how little I knew about dieting and eating healthy to gain and maintain muscle. If you're not all that excited about cycling, spend your gear money on one of 3J's plans

Were you thinking of using deca because you could add it without throwing off your bliod work with the clinic? I thought most low T clinics were pretty much cool with blasting as long as you give them a heads up, that way they won't pull bloods until you're back to normal?

I can definitely say abs come from diet. Before getting on trt, i was a 208lb mexican fod eating, beer drinking fatty. It was approx March and I started eating right, stopped drinking, and set a goal to have abs by end of year. It was December before the bottom row came in well enough for me to officially say I had abs, but I made it.

I made that goal on my own, but shortly after enlisted the help of 3J and discovered how little I knew about dieting and eating healthy to gain and maintain muscle. If you're not all that excited about cycling, spend your gear money on one of 3J's plans

I can already see my abs some days and some days not so much, I'm not shredded like I want. I want to make the muscle I have more dense and shred up. My diet is pretty solid but could use a little improvement. If I had the time to do two a days in the gym I wouldn't even consider a cycle. I just want to maximize what I'm already doing. I can easily get cut and I put on muscle fairly well too. It's just hard on my schedule to do both, at least with the look/goal I'm shooting for.

Last edited:
I guess that's one of my major reasons for hitting a cycle. I want that extra edge to get me to what I'm shooting for.

Other than diet and exercise (the obvious) what/if any recommendations do y'all have for getting where I want to be? I did clenbuterol over ten years ago after putting on 15-20 lbs and that helped me get pretty cut again but I didn't like how much it jacked my heart rate up. After I finished that cycle I've never looked at it again.

I'm in to working out for the long haul but I'd like to get a boost and maintain the results as best as possible naturally.

Last edited:
I hate sounding like a broken record, but if you want to shred up, diet is going to be the end-all be-all deciding factor. Deca won't do that; what you put in your body will.

That's a no bullshit answer, as I want to make it clear that all AAS does is IMPROVE the environment in which your diet is functioning. If you want a slight edge, and are laser-refining your diet, ephedrine and caffeine will do the trick.

Fair warning: I've yet to meet a single guy that did only one cycle, unless they had a HORRIBLE experience. Once those flood gates open, you'll be planning your next cycle before you're done with the first. It's not because AAS is addictive, it's because you discover a whole new set of tools that you can utilize in order to make various changes to your body.

Not saying to not cycle, just saying that the odds are stacked against it being a one time deal. Food for thought. ;)

My .02c :)

Agree 100% that diet is king. AAS and other goodies will only enhance your diet. I did a 3 month carb cycle diet with 3J and had great results.

With that said, I'm running my first blast now and plan to run a cut with Anavar in early spring. It's a great for cutting and hardening.

Diet, check. I'll be the first to admit there a couple areas to tighten up on. I definitely appreciate all the advice so far and with that I'll skip the deca. With that said, are they any recommendations on something that would improve what I'm doing with the cutting up?

AverageMan mentioned Anavar. Is that a good one to start with?

halfwit, If I do a cycle and like it I guess I'll won't say I'll never do another but for now I like keeping one goal at a time in my fitness approach. :cool:

Here's my ultimate goal. 210-215lbs at 6-8% body fat consistently.

I'm new on this forum and virgin when it comes to gear. However, I've been working out for 20 years, I'm 34 now. I've been on TRT for 8 months and have been dosing that at 170 a week. I'm supplementing HCG 5 days after a dose and an E blocker 2 days after. I started that because overall energy, muscle fatigue and muscle retention was declining.

I'm considering a low dose cycle to put on some more muscle, frankly because I work hard at the gym and want to boost my results. Over the last 10 years the lightest I've been is 170lbs and the heaviest 200lbs. Currently I'm floating around 193-196, that's up from 170 a year ago. I'm eating right to maintain that weight but I've plateaued. I'm 5'10 193lbs around 12-14 % body fat.

Any dosage recommendations and how long of a cycle should I do? Realistically I just want to do this one cycle and be done. I have a vacation coming up in 5 months so I'd like to boost my gains a little before then.

And remember that slow ester shines around week 6-15 so if you want a 10-12 week cycle it would benifet you to just use npp and say sustanon.then u can pinn say m,w,f and you would feel the fore around the end of week two.

I agree skip deca till u have some experiance under ur belt it shuts u down harder than anything else and u need to run it 12-14 weeks so that means a 16 week cycle because u have to run test longer than deca if u want to run two oils do test and mast e much better choice my freind

Op is already shut down from trt. Pretty much sums everything up. No need to run test longer because of trt...

Diet, check. I'll be the first to admit there a couple areas to tighten up on. I definitely appreciate all the advice so far and with that I'll skip the deca. With that said, are they any recommendations on something that would improve what I'm doing with the cutting up?

AverageMan mentioned Anavar. Is that a good one to start with?

halfwit, If I do a cycle and like it I guess I'll won't say I'll never do another but for now I like keeping one goal at a time in my fitness approach. :cool:

Here's my ultimate goal. 210-215lbs at 6-8% body fat consistently.

If it's just losing body fat, ECA (ephedrine/caffeine/aspirin) is cheap and effective. I'd just hate steering you in the direction of other goodies when they're likely just a waste at this point.

3J is the resident nutrition guru around here, you can also hit him up in the diet forum. He does offer plans that WORK (if you follow them ;)), which isn't a terrible idea either.

Last edited:
Anastrozole is what I'm currently on. I've been going to a T clinic for the duration of my TRT. All labs are on point (according to the doc) after adding in the e blocker. I'm not really looking to start multiple cycles so I'll pass on the deca per y'alls advice. I just really want to stay at my weight but get cut again. Mainly abs.
Good idea brother. When you start running more complex cycles you need to be on top of things. While you are on trt, bumping test up to 500mg ew will yield nice results.

After a few cycles you can look into other cycles that would help with cutting or bulking if those are concerns or something you are interested in. The thing about deca is that it takes time to work the magic. If you want to add nandrolone for a higher anabolic affect without as many androgenic sides look into npp. Its nandrolone with out the long half life. I love nandro for bulking and include it in every bulk.

If it's just losing body fat, ECA (ephedrine/caffeine/aspirin) is cheap and effective. I'd just hate steering you in the direction of other goodies when they're likely just a waste at this point.

3J is the resident nutrition guru around here, you can also hit him up in the diet forum. He does offer plans that WORK (if you follow them ;)), which isn't a terrible idea either.

I guess I clarify that I'm not looking to get into the bodybuilding scene although I do have a look that I'd like to achieve. Again the goal is 210-215 lbs at 6-8% (dense). With where I'm at now I'd like to get that last push to reach that goal. I've worked out long enough that I'm not in a rush yet I'd still like that extra edge.

So I guess the consensus is to up the test for a cycle then maybe a cutting agent or ECA at the end? I don't expect to put on 20lbs before my vacation but I'd like to make what I have now more dense and cut.

I'm not opposed to hitting some gear for a cycle but if I do that I want to do it as healthy and clean as possible.

Just try blasting test at 500mgs per week. You will have to adjust your ai dosage. Blood work about 5 weeks in or so will let you know if your e2 is in range. As far as gaining weight and getting to 6-8%, well pick one or the other for this blast. Trying to bulk and cut in 12 weeks time isn't probable. Diet will be the key factor here. Maintaining 6-8% body fat is a chore! I've done 10% roughly for a lil while but that was difficult too with life happening. Try not to get too much going on with a 12 week blast. To be honest, you can run ungodly amounts of gear in 12 weeks but it would still be improbable to gain 20lbs and drop to 6-8% body fat in that time frame. Hope this helps you straighten out your goals...

Back