carverelli

I am banned!
MHere are the exercises I'd like to use

Back squats
Front squats
Lunges (walking) long strides hitting glutes/ham tie-ins
Leg presses
Standing leg curls(1 leg at a time)
Leg ext( mostly as a burn out/finisher- not too heavy)

Thinking about adding hip thrusts to this mix. Where u lie/ sit down with your back shoulders on a bench, you'd feet flat, knees bent and the bar with a sissy pad on your waist. You then bridge up with waist trying to fuk an imaginary (insert yur preference here). I see deadlifters do this to train their lockout. I just need a bigger butt.

I'm open to other exercises as well, just trying to limit each workout to 4 movements
Max 4 working sets each

Just kind of wondering how you guys structure your leg work. Am I overthinking trying to split it up like this?

Last edited:
I do calves and abs on a separate low volume day. My calves need a lot of help and I prefer to spread my workouts out instead of having any planned "rest" days.

I do calves twice a week, Mondays and Thursdays. Thursdays is my leg day otherwise as I rotate exercises every 2-3 weeks to keep my body guessing

I do legs all in one day.

Squats - All sets to failure - 15, 4, 6, 8 / Reps

Leg Ext. - All sets to failure - 15, 4, 6, 8 / Reps

Leg Curl - All sets to failure - 15, 4, 6, 8 / Reps

Calf Raises - 20, 20, 20 / Reps

I do deadlifts on back day, 2 days prior to legs. Works them a bit there as well. I don't see any imbalance from only working legs out one time a week.. Guess I could do calves on my chest day or something just to give them a little extra meat.

Calves recover rather quickly and can be worked more often than bigger muscles in the legs.

But I was referring to breaking up legwork into 2 parts specifically quads and hams. For instance, j know lunges are awesome for the ham/glute tie-in. But after squats, I barely do a body weight lunge.

Do you think it's too soon to do squats 3-4 days after hamstring work?

Back