Conversion Kit Filters

WannaBe

Mini B
Do yourself a favor and order two whatmans when you get your kits. The first 10ml flow nice, then it is a drop a second for the next 20. Sometimes slower. Just flush both if you are concerned about losing any in the filters.

I have converted Fina twice and never had any problems. Check to make sure the filter isnt to tight on the syringe. I noticed when I did that the flow was really slow, but also make sure its not too loose otherwise you will lose some tren.

Then again, better safe then sorry so why not spend the extra $8 :)

yeah, make sure it is tight definitley. Also, use a 3ml, i know more loading the syringe etc, but you can put much more pressure on the oil, and it squirts out faster. I could barely get my oil to move in a 20ml syringe, let alone a 10 ml. But, again it must be tight. I learned my lesson after i accidently had 10mls all over me.

This is a good thread. I personally always buy extra filters. Not only can it be a bit of a bitch to get through the filter after you have already filtered 10-20 ml's but sterility then comes into question when you see how dirty that filter gets.

My thinking on that is you mine as well spring the extra couple bucks so that you can ease your mind about the sterility of your end-product.

I am going to make a copy of this thread available to the "Chemical" forum as well.

WannaBe said:
Do yourself a favor and order two whatmans when you get your kits. The first 10ml flow nice, then it is a drop a second for the next 20. Sometimes slower. Just flush both if you are concerned about losing any in the filters.

If your filter isent faulty it will easyly do 100ml. I know done it many times!

I got a 10g kit in route right now. I think I ordered an extra filter but I am not sure. The 10g kit if done right should yield about 100mmg/ml, does this sound right?? I hope to get at least 100mls from this kit and I hope I can do it with one filter

Edhead said:
I got a 10g kit in route right now. I think I ordered an extra filter but I am not sure. The 10g kit if done right should yield about 100mmg/ml, does this sound right?? I hope to get at least 100mls from this kit and I hope I can do it with one filter

Goodluck! I just got done making a 8G kit...all in all, took 3 Whatmans to make it all happen from the very last drop.... the extra $$$ for the additional syringe filters was worth it to me, I wanted a clear crisp golden yellow product! And I got it!

$8 per syringe filter is fucking outrageous... I paid $5 each for mine, plus shipping. Fuck $8, $5 is enough when you have to buy a few of them and not just one!

We need more tips and advice on how to flush out syringe filters so they can be reused to refilter, etc. Such an inconvenience running out of these little things.

Well, i just got done last night finishing my 10g Kit and I got 100% yield!!!!!!!! It took 5 days to do but I did it slow and in one filter. It took 6 hours to filter the 100mls and I used a 5cc syringe so the psi would be greater than a 10cc syringer. I set a side 7 mls for syringe filtering and that help clean it out. Also purging with air.

I think there is a link here some where that talks about syringe filter recovery.

Oh, btw I used no heat!!!!!

Edhead

Back