Cortisol

BigPal

I believe I may suffer from a bit of high cortisol, due to lots of stress on a daily basis.

Is there anything one can take or do to lower cortisol levels?

I actually have the same problem! 2 year old twins and a 4 year old.. all boys. It's a madhouse when I get home. I researched for about 6 hours the 2 days ago (from 2am to 8am b/c cortisol doesn't allow you to sleep.. ha) and came up with this:

Name Code Qty Each Options
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS (Phosphatidylserine) LE1254 1 40.50
Caps 100 mg 100 Capsules
by Life Extension
Cortisol Calm 60 PE1818 1 34.50
Vegetable Capsules by
Pure Encapsulations
Subtotal 75.00
Coupon discount (next10) -4.05
Subtotal 70.95
Shipping 14.99
Total 85.94

I bought them off pureformulas.com. Read a lot of good things about PS

Herbs and Supplements that Reduce Cortisol and Increase Testosterone - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Ashwagandha: Stress Reduction, Neural Protection, and a Lot More from an Ancient Herb - Life Extension

LE Magazine, July 2004 - Report: Cortisol

Cortisol Balance

Reduce Coritsol

These links were on my laptop. They're pretty good so, figured I'd just post:

How to Reduce cortisol

8 Essential Ways To Lower Cortisol And Feel Great!

Cortisol Blocker Supplements | LIVESTRONG.COM

Amazed at ignorance: Cortisol and Phosphatidyl serine

DHEA is supposed to counteract it too:

DHEA

Besides DHEA, your adrenals also make the stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline. Adrenal exhaustion from coping with chronic stress ***8212; from (among other things) poor nutrition, yo-yo dieting, emotional turmoil, and job-related stress ***8212; means your adrenals are bone-tired from pumping out cortisol and they simply can***8217;t manufacture enough DHEA to support a healthy hormonal balance. The end result? You feel tapped out, overwhelmed and, often, depressed.

DHEA and adrenal fatigue

Some DHEA is made from sweet potatoes or something, you're supposed to get the kind that the doc would prescribe. I looked for pharmaceutical grade DHEA, but I'm not sure if this is the right kind so I didn't buy it. If I find one for sure I'll post it:

DHEA Supplement | Get Full DHEA Info & Best DHEA to Buy

These are other cortisol complexes I had open. They seem ok, but I bought the ones I posted:

Cortisol Support Complex 180 Capsules Burn Belly Fat KRK SUPPLEMENTS - krksupplement.com

Super Cortisol Support with Relora® - 90 Vcaps® - NOW Sports Products

Good luck!

Back