Crappy HDL on oxandrolone, shorter higher doses better?

Theworm

I am banned!
Love oxandrolone but my HDL drops from 46 to 17. So, my question is, would running it at highe doses but shorter duration be better? Having a low HDL for a while is not ideal, but would the higher dose suppress it further?
I.e., would 100 mg X 3 weeks better than 50 mg X 6 weeks in terms of HDL?

This is where AAS gets serious. I'd start by asking if you're supplementing anything to support your cholesterol and cardiovascular health? This is a subject that varies for different folks, but in general, to answer your first question, "no." Would the higher dose suppress it further, potentially, but that's not your biggest issue. It's already EXTREMELY low, but more importantly, we need to know where your LDL is so we can begin to determine how bad the ratio is which will impact your M&M. Start taking supplements to help, definitely don't blast and cruise with this (doesn't appear as though you are), and if you're going to run it for only 3 weeks, what are you stacking it with? Is this a monotherapy approach (anavar/oxandrolone alone)? What's your BP? Just my .02 ... likely not helpful but these are the questions you might want to start asking and weigh them against the goals you have. There are other options that might prove less detrimental.

Thanks for the reply. My BP is 110/60. My HDL on oxandrolone (50mg X 6 weeks) was 17, LDL was 180. After stopping the oxandrolone, my HDL was 41 and LDL 97, one month after stopping. I do not plan on running oxandrolone solo, I usually do test 400 mg a week. I have gyno so I use an AI which further suppresses HDL.
So I'm in a bind. My plan is to use billbroberts 2 on cycke theory and 4 off to minimize sides, but instead I was going to do either 2 weeks on test prop 200 EOD with 75 mg oxandrolone then take 6 weeks off then repeat. That's only 12 weeks on all year. Or do the same doses but extend to 3 weeks, but then take 9 weeks off between to help get my cholesterol back in check and preserve my HPTA as long as possible.
Thoughts? Advices?

Here we go again...if the gear drop your hdl by 2/3 and it s mild why bother running it and ruining your hdl/ldl ratio s?

Here s where I ll get crucified-------
U gotta know what work s for you, what sides are WORTH countering vs even running the gear. I don t comment on Anavar, Mast, eq NPP any checque drop stuff as I VE NEVER DONE them and at 52 ain t gonna. Only new 2 AAS I ve done and it s in the last 12 months is
Tren-A
M1T

Lil bit s for short term only but my goal is to stay as my 10 day old avi except push from 213-218/220 but stay where I am.
DR. HW say s I m about 9 percent..I ve no clue.
Only in time will u know what s worth taking as far as gain s vs sides AND THE ADDED drugs to take to counter the drug s to....f that. Less is more. More food is more muscle w more sleep after punishing it training.
I like a little elevated e2..as Ilike a little bloat ..no ai's ever. (no mammaries glands) Prolactin never an issue. I don t promote this but do have to ask how far you gonna push this ?

Long term health, long term discipline is the key, know what is and is not worth taking...to be the in shape guy at Wal Mart is my goal..lol. Ain t hard in the fattest dumbest state in the USA. EZ to shine in a
Puddle o Mudd

Last edited:
I hear you T, but here's my deal. Love test and deca, works great, basically no sides. But, deca shuts you down hard, takes a bout a year to rebound. So since I cycle and not on TRT, I wanna stay away from deca. I don't want to run a 16 week cycle and I don't want to wait another 16 weeks to restart. Here is were the oxandrolone comes in. I can run it for 4 weeks, take 10 weeks off and hold on most my size. My HDL goes down but it's only for 3-4 weeks. So my dilemma is being shut down, needing HRT, vs a temp drop in my HDL...
Back in the day, I could get injectible oxandrolone and I'd bet it wouldn't lower my HDL as much, but those days are over. I just love the look oxandrolone gives me and gains are much easier to hold on to. Maybe run it 4 weeks, take 10 off and repeat, that's only 12 weeks out the year my HDL is low...

I'm betting your diet is lacking OP. While AAS can have quite an impact on lipoprotein counts, the biggest contributor is a diet lacking healthy fats. You take fish oil? Add in some MCT oil (coconut for example), and I bet your blood work improves significantly.

Two on four off is some silly shit. Of course sides will be reduced, but so will benefits. AAS increases the nitrogen retention in your body; this is what allows you to convert more protein into lean mass. As it requires a TREMENDOUS amount of calories and raw materials to do this, it also requires time. Oxandrolone is able to be run for 6-8 weeks in most cases (sometimes longer), but if you do experience health issues even with proper precautions - it's just time to pull the plug.

Teutonic is a perfect example of listening to his body. Looking twenty something at fifty something is what we should all aspire for in my book. :)

Oh, and FYI: If you don't want to end up on TRT, you may want to think about this entire lifestyle. Not to be a sour puss, but it's an inevitable conclusion if you push the envelope long enough. It could happen on your first cycle, or your fiftieth - but it WILL happen. Food for thought. ;)

My .02c :)

Well put response and glad I did not offend or try to be a look at me I m the shit as I m not. And I just try to point out that in time these 28--35 yr old guy s who are training eating and running gram s of gear just need to know there maybe a reckoning.

I m lucky in so many way s.There is a god b t w
My genetics include and my last 2 pre judicesl are
1 stubborn. To stubborn for any doc to say you need to slow down...if I do I ll stop and die..or worse...get fat and complacement
2 my body heal s itself FAST and can absorb unreal abuse (my kid too and it sares me) u have no idea.
3 lazy people chap my ass
4 stupid people suck as it s all here there everywhere to learn to do anything correctly

Carry on my good man. I m just an older dude trying to share a wee bit of experience. My deal is I go with what I know w re AAS, train wide ass open until something s about to break...etc

Plus ancill s cost money too..glad I don t REQUIRE them for I did I d stop the gear calling for them.

Gotta son s future take s precedence.

Last edited:
Do u think adding in a lot more fiber, 100-200g per day will DRAMATICALLY change HDL?

I need to do bloods too lol, My diet has been poor and I wonder what the levels are since the change.

I'll be looking into this next week.

Do u think healthy fats + fish oils is > Fiber for it?

I eat wild salmon twice a week, eat tons of fiber, my HDL just drops with orals.
What y'all think is the safest way to cycle? Test only for what 6-8 weeks, twice a year? I like the idea of 2 weeks on, 8 off,,, that's only on for 10 weeks out of the year. Not best gains but healthy and les stress on hpta...Thoughts?

Do u think adding in a lot more fiber, 100-200g per day will DRAMATICALLY change HDL?

I need to do bloods too lol, My diet has been poor and I wonder what the levels are since the change.

I'll be looking into this next week.

Do u think healthy fats + fish oils is > Fiber for it?
Fiber is good, add whole oats for it. I have a half a cup daily with breakfast. :) Instead of asking which is better think of it as healthy fats + fish oil + fiber is best. ;)

My gp s all about omega s OMG salmon type stuff.

The pill s make me burp pussy so...
OMG. I just spit chew spit all over. Bastard! LOL!

I eat wild salmon twice a week, eat tons of fiber, my HDL just drops with orals.
What y'all think is the safest way to cycle? Test only for what 6-8 weeks, twice a year? I like the idea of 2 weeks on, 8 off,,, that's only on for 10 weeks out of the year. Not best gains but healthy and les stress on hpta...Thoughts?
Eating wild salmon WITH 4g of fish oil and a healthy source of fiber will do you better. Toss in some MCT, and I bet your HDL holds like a champ.

There is no "safest" way unfortunately. The second you introduce exogenous androgens, you turn off that pituitary gland. Turning it back on after (a waste IMHO) six to eight weeks or turning it back on after sixteen weeks is still tossing those dice. I don't see the point of doing something half ass if the risk is closely the same to be blunt about it. :)

You mean to say that year after year of playing around with my hormones and it's not just going to go back to normal who would of thunk it lol
I mentioned it In another post but I know this young guy 18 who's is and only will run tren only cycles sorry tren and clen because that is what he was told never once did he google what he is injecting intohimself or do any homework on aas at all not to mention his other 3 dickhead mates running var and Winnie only cycles

You mean to say that year after year of playing around with my hormones and it's not just going to go back to normal who would of thunk it lol
I mentioned it In another post but I know this young guy 18 who's is and only will run tren only cycles sorry tren and clen because that is what he was told never once did he google what he is injecting intohimself or do any homework on aas at all not to mention his other 3 dickhead mates running var and Winnie only cycles

Mmmm, yeah. My magic 8 ball says their futures are looking...

2e9QlXO.jpg

Haha I did mention to him that he needs test as a base as a male but he didn't seem to worried lol oh well what can you do some people like to do things the hard way

Here we go again...if the gear drop your hdl by 2/3 and it s mild why bother running it and ruining your hdl/ldl ratio s?

Here s where I ll get crucified-------
U gotta know what work s for you, what sides are WORTH countering vs even running the gear. I don t comment on Anavar, Mast, eq NPP any checque drop stuff as I VE NEVER DONE them and at 52 ain t gonna. Only new 2 AAS I ve done and it s in the last 12 months is
Tren-A
M1T

Lil bit s for short term only but my goal is to stay as my 10 day old avi except push from 213-218/220 but stay where I am.
DR. HW say s I m about 9 percent..I ve no clue.
Only in time will u know what s worth taking as far as gain s vs sides AND THE ADDED drugs to take to counter the drug s to....f that. Less is more. More food is more muscle w more sleep after punishing it training.
I like a little elevated e2..as Ilike a little bloat ..no ai's ever. (no mammaries glands) Prolactin never an issue. I don t promote this but do have to ask how far you gonna push this ?

Long term health, long term discipline is the key, know what is and is not worth taking...to be the in shape guy at Wal Mart is my goal..lol. Ain t hard in the fattest dumbest state in the USA. EZ to shine in a
Puddle o Mudd

No ai at all ??????? Mmmmmm
The first cycle I ever done was test 600mg weekly no ai and I didn't have any issues but since then I usually use adex most cycles wich I have now upped the dose of because I'm using trestalone and it's supposed to be bad converting to est so do you think I should slow down on the adex ??? If there's no issues in doing so ??

I do not think YOU should DO anything I say or I DO until YOU know it s OK for your
look
health
mental and sexual

WELL BEING

HW CALL S ME A FREAK OF NATURE; HE MEANS FREAK HE S TO NICE.

No. carry ON W WHAT S WORKING.
Again. I do not do 600 mg of anything plus 3-400 mg of this and an oral.
I do trt 4 ever.
150 test e or c 1 pin
A blast is 250 test on Sunday night .
(1 pin...I pin(g) only Vassily (Hunt for Red October)
Then when I go crazy I ll do 1 cc m w f of tren. Or I ll scrap trt plus and do 1 cc tren a - prop e d m-f and 10 mg or 20 mg M1T for 2 weeks or 3 max. Run this for a month. 6 weeks. Why do I not pin on weekends ? Cuz...saves gear tired of pinning..it s all about food anyway.
Then.... Trt till I m ready again based on BW or my gut. Gut s cheaper.
I do not recommend anyone not run ai s, hcg or serm s or anything that keep s them safe. I just play it safe with low dose girlie cycles using my gut, my joint s, my sock ring on my ankle as a water gauge.
U2 will figger out what work s for you as where u want to be...SAFELY..and economically.
I m almost there..215. 3-5 pounds to go. FOODS my biggest cost. 100 more than mortgage. Then shred to 210...do it again.

Last edited:
I do not think YOU should DO anything I say or I DO until YOU know it s OK for your
look
health
mental and sexual

WELL BEING

HW CALL S ME A FREAK OF NATURE; HE MEANS FREAK HE S TO NICE.

No. carry ON W WHAT S WORKING.
Again. I do not do 600 mg of anything plus 3-400 mg of this and an oral.
I do trt 4 ever.
150 test e or c 1 pin
A blast is 250 test on Sunday night .
(1 pin...I pin(g) only Vassily (Hunt for Red October)
Then when I go crazy I ll do 1 cc m w f of tren. Or I ll scrap trt plus and do 1 cc tren a - prop e d m-f and 10 mg or 20 mg M1T for 2 weeks or 3 max. Run this for a month. 6 weeks. Why do I not pin on weekends ? Cuz...saves gear tired of pinning..it s all about food anyway.
Then.... Trt till I m ready again based on BW or my gut. Gut s cheaper.
I do not recommend anyone not run ai s, hcg or serm s or anything that keep s them safe. I just play it safe with low dose girlie cycles using my gut, my joint s, my sock ring on my ankle as a water gauge.
U2 will figger out what work s for you as where u want to be...SAFELY..and economically.
I m almost there..215. 3-5 pounds to go. FOODS my biggest cost. 100 more than mortgage. Then shred to 210...do it again.

No worries t I've still got a long road ahead of me and pleanty of time to get evreything sorted out to suit me
Your getting there mate your avi is looking good loving the fullness your got going on pecs are looking swollen up I'm only sitting at about 185 but slowly getting were I want to be SLOWLY :'(

That s the key mate...........slowly.
I competed from age 22-27 then worked in a stressful job that required fitness-no gear till trt 10 yr s ???? ago and then only trt. So from 27-42 no gear but LOTS of recreational bad stuff as I was a federal school crossing guard and never 1 drug tested which is so screwed up. If they did an AAS test on the local PD they could not field a swat team...as they are either jacked or fat.
I -Tried some 500 mg of this with 400 that and whatever but my psa s and hdl s and all other value s....skewed. Food and lifting and rest...lil bit s gear

Back