cream of wheat anyone?

Let me preface this with the following statement: This is only my opinion.

In my opinion, it's an ok source at best. It's pretty much a whole food source, so it's got that going for it. But, it is fairly processed. I also would tend to think that anything like "cream of" would have a higher GI than normal wheat would, just like "cream of rice" has a higher GI than normal rice, and instant oats have a higher GI than the kind you have to cook. If a grain can be cooked in a short time, there's a better chance that it has a higher GI.

I'd also be concerned with possible phytic acid content, but since it is processed a bit, I don't know if this is still a concern.

If you're gluten-intolerant, then I'd stay away from it for sure.

IMO, the best carb source out there is yams. Low GI, starchy, good nutrient source, no real bad chemicals once it's cooked (unlike grains which contain phytic acid), and not to mention they taste good as hell without any seasoning or toppings!

I eat it, but I'm bulking. And I've been eating it for breakfast since I was like 6 years old. Kind of like a ritual........and I love it. If I have to have one thing in my diet that doesn't do much for me, it's going to be cream of wheat. Little sugar, little butter, little milk.....MMMMMMMMM good! :D

(But listen to frosty, he knows his stuff......)

Semper Fi

Back