Custom Blend Calculator - Work in Progress

DrHouse

So I was messing around with the hormone calculator that is readily available on here and I noticed some issues with trying to make a custom blend. It is more difficult than it has to be in order to design a complex blend.

Anyways, I wanted to make a calculator basing the information on the weekly dose, and how much oil I wanted to inject in a single injection. Like the title says, it is a work in progress.

NOTE: This calculator is not as straight forward but I have tried to provide some information in the excel sheet.
NOTE: This calculator is capable of producing blends that are NOT possible so use your brewing judgment.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions or comments please feel free. I construction this sheet for myself but I thought maybe someone else would like it.

DrHouse: I removed the attachment. I just don't think it is a good idea to put executable files on here. And you have to be careful with excel since it stores some personal information. If someone wants the file perhaps they could ask you to email it to them. If this really gives you heartburn, put a post in the One on One With Staff forum and ask an Admin to take a look at it.

DrHouse: I removed the attachment. I just don't think it is a good idea to put executable files on here. And you have to be careful with excel since it stores some personal information. If someone wants the file perhaps they could ask you to email it to them. If this really gives you heartburn, put a post in the One on One With Staff forum and ask an Admin to take a look at it.

Not a problem! I completely understand! Thanks for watching out!

Can I sign up for the email list hah!

I got it earlier, so I might toy with it, see if I can add specific weights and some other data in a pivot table. It's an interesting idea.

View attachment 556566
Can I sign up for the email list hah!

I got it earlier, so I might toy with it, see if I can add specific weights and some other data in a pivot table. It's an interesting idea.

I am working on the one on one thing and seeing if I can get it approved. So wait a few days and I'll try it and if not I will send it to you. I would be interested in the specific weights as well. That seems to be pretty complicated when a simple way works. You seem like a perfectionist! I'm jealous I didn't think about doing that. Haha

Its very similar to one that has been posted on here if you want to go about it on your own. I can screen shot my sheet so you can see sort of what I did.

It is a simple tool if you want to just ensure the BA/BB/EO amounts are correct, get the hormone(s) in solution and then add warmed carrier oil carefully to the batch fill line (my beakers aren't well graduated, so there would be guesswork for me). If you aren't filling to the 100ml fill line on your cooking beaker that is; it's avoidable with that one simple step, but I like to measure twice and cut once so to speak.

At the end of the day, it's a great tool for the homebrewer, and I will probably use it as is, but might make a technically more exact version I can share with the bros once I fiddle with it (on a clean copy of Excel on a covert operating system so as to hide my superhero secret identity hah!)

PS you can find the density and then approximated specific weights here: http://www.chemspider.com/Chemical-Structure.17468428.html?rid=ce5dd6ea-587d-4e38-9547-293eea0a0457

So a compound, like Test E, with a 1.1 +/- 0.1 g/cm^3 or (in english) 1.1 plus or minus 0.1 grams per cm3/ml is equal to 1/1.1 or 1/1.0 or 1/1.2 so between 0.833 and 0.909 and 1.000. If you just average those, I'd be happy going with 0.914. But it's really not all that important at the end of the day; we aren't pharma grade and anyone running our gear isn't injecting with pre-measured aliquots.

PS you can find the density and then approximated specific weights here: http://www.chemspider.com/Chemical-Structure.17468428.html?rid=ce5dd6ea-587d-4e38-9547-293eea0a0457

So a compound, like Test E, with a 1.1 +/- 0.1 g/cm^3 or (in english) 1.1 plus or minus 0.1 grams per cm3/ml is equal to 1/1.1 or 1/1.0 or 1/1.2 so between 0.833 and 0.909 and 1.000. If you just average those, I'd be happy going with 0.914. But it's really not all that important at the end of the day; we aren't pharma grade and anyone running our gear isn't injecting with pre-measured aliquots.

Thanks for the link. I will definitely try to include the specific weights into another spread sheet. One that isn't so generic. It would be challenging for me to define cells based on names and specific gravities. I just use excel for the basics.

If you get a nice one going, please let me know. I would be interested in looking at it.

I hope my image gave you an idea of what I was doing.

I am going to fiddle around Thu-Fri when I am off after a marathon 30 days of 18 hour work days. If i come up with something even I can't break, I'll let you know sir.

Back