Cut fat w/o losing Mass?

JMHFL7

How do you lower your body fat without losing mass? I'm pretty lean everywhere, just need to lose fat on stomach.

I've heard of running on an empty stomach.... sprint 1 min, walk 1 min for about 10 min. If you run on a full stomach, you are burning the cals of the food you just ate. True/ False? Recomendations?

A lot of people recommend running in the morning, but IMO as you get in your cardio and your diet is in check, it doesn't matter that much. If your talking about prepping for a show, it's a different story, you really need every last bit you can get.

Your talking about HIIT? I'm not sure how you could run on a full stomach, but a couple hours after eating yeah.

true....do the cardio on an empty stomach in the mornin...the body that early is empty so its gonna burn the fat..be carful cuase some muscle is gonna burn to..this is where gear comes in..ya heard..

VICIOUS_BEAST said:
true....do the cardio on an empty stomach in the mornin...the body that early is empty so its gonna burn the fat..be carful cuase some muscle is gonna burn to..this is where gear comes in..ya heard..

Thanks

I just read a lvery ong article on http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/index.html, which I cannot find now that talks about when to do cardio to lose fat and keep muscle. I'll sum it up. Running on an empty stomach is a no - no! Before working out, not recommended. After working out is the best, but you may opt for doing cardio another day or 2 or 3 hours before or after working out. Cardio is cardio, does not matter what you use - either running, stairs cycling. The burning of cals to shed fat depends on the intensity. If I find the article, I will post it.

you can lose bf without doing any cardio and wont lose an ounce of muscle, in fact youll get bigger and stronger if you got your eating/lifting dialed in.

pullinbig said:
you can lose bf without doing any cardio and wont lose an ounce of muscle.

This is true, but I don't think very healthy! If there's one thing I regret the most about my training it's neglecting cardio.

pullinbig said:
you can lose bf without doing any cardio and wont lose an ounce of muscle, in fact youll get bigger and stronger if you got your eating/lifting dialed in.

How do you do that?

outlawtas2 said:
This is true, but I don't think very healthy! If there's one thing I regret the most about my training it's neglecting cardio.

my point is not to stop cardio, just making a point that cardio isnt needed to lose weight.

more with the ratios of macronutrients. ea person is different so it would take some tweaking but very doable. most folks dont eat enough food is the main problem or the right kinda foods.

i agree with pulling big, i think cardio is good. but working out is very strenious and burns calories, especially if your working out really hard and squating rowing ect. i always want to do cardio but i would rather spend that physical and mentall energy working out then doing cardio. i think im gonna start doing like 15-20 min of running after my work out so my calories are burned out.

Back