Cutting Diet

Nope

Please read - this is typical list of my daily meals. I am 6'1", 203lbs, 24 years old...trying to cut up. I just finish 5 months of bulking, I started at 173 lbs...gained some muscle and fat, now trying to lose the fat, keep the muscle.

Meal #1 - bowl of cereal (Just Right, Rice Krispies, or Special K) or protein shake

Meal #2 - 1 grilled skinless chicken breast, 1 serving green beans, 1 serving pasta with tomato sauce

Meal #3 - Yogourt and Granola Bar

Meal #4 - Banana and Orange

Meal #5 - Protein Shake

Meal #6 - 1 grilled skinless chicken breast, medium size garden salad, 1 serving rice

Meal #7 - Bowl of cereal

(may snack on grapes, carrots, or apples at some point in the day)

If anyone could give me some feedback/advice it would be great. I really have no one I could ask. Thanks

you need some more protein from whole foods. Do you like tuna? mix in 1/2 a tbsp of light mayo and your set. 40+g protein and only 2g fat and no carbs.

I would also throw in a shake before bed instead of the cereal, carbs before bed are a bad idea when dieting.

Nope said:
Please read - this is typical list of my daily meals. I am 6'1", 203lbs, 24 years old...trying to cut up. I just finish 5 months of bulking, I started at 173 lbs...gained some muscle and fat, now trying to lose the fat, keep the muscle.

Meal #1 - bowl of cereal (Just Right, Rice Krispies, or Special K) or protein shake

Meal #2 - 1 grilled skinless chicken breast, 1 serving green beans, 1 serving pasta with tomato sauce

Meal #3 - Yogourt and Granola Bar

Meal #4 - Banana and Orange

Meal #5 - Protein Shake

Meal #6 - 1 grilled skinless chicken breast, medium size garden salad, 1 serving rice

Meal #7 - Bowl of cereal

(may snack on grapes, carrots, or apples at some point in the day)

If anyone could give me some feedback/advice it would be great. I really have no one I could ask. Thanks

Get rid of the cereal- you're cutting dude. Eat plain old fashioned oat meal. those are slow release carbs that last all morning don't make your blood sugar go nuts and make you hungry.

forget the pasta. too many carbs unless it's like whole wheat pasta. plus it spikes your insulin(blood sugar) and makes you hungrier.

Forget all fruits except maybe strawberries. Oranges, banana's, apples, GRAPES(especially grapes), etc. are all high glycemic index. in fact most fruits are. too much sugar, again the Insulin spike. Take double of a good daily supp and your set for all your vitaminic needs.

forget the yogurt and granola bar. Dude, have you read the ingredients and nutritionalcontent of a regular granola bar?? too much sugar/carbs/calories. Substitute that with an EAS low carb MRP bar.

The protienshake is good, it can be used after your weight work out. Make sure it has a good amount of carbs in it, say about 40-50gms. That's the time when carbs are a must. If it was a really hard work out, you might even want to down a whole wheat pbj.

NO RICE!!! too refined, too starchy, too carb loaded. Remember your CUTTING.

again, cut the cereal. try not to eat any carbs right before bed. Try a 6 egg omlette(1 whole, 5 whites) instead.

In general, eat more tuna, more chicken, more steak(aka red meat) ,more salad and drink a ton of H2O. Don't be afraid to eat a good amount as long as it's clean. If you must eat bread, keep it to small portions, and make it whole wheat. Drink no other liquid but water. This is key. Oh and once every 5-7 days, schedule yourself a cheat meal(not a cheat day) and go nuts. Beer, Pizza, Hardees Monster Thick burger, etc. Try to make the cheat meal happen after a balls to the wall weight session to at least get some real benefit out of it. The cheat meal will trick your body into thinking it is getting enough carbs, fat etc. and will in turn make it burn more fat. Plus it keeps you sane.

Good luck and HTH.

Last edited:
well if your bodybuilding and not just trying too only lose wieght--your calories are low man--i ithink that it be to catabolic on your body

Well I have now completed 6 weeks of my diet and I went from 203 to 183 so far. I will continue for another month and see where I'm at. My diet is similar to the one I originally posted, but it has some changes, here's what seems to work.

Meal #1 - protein shake or bowl of oatmeal or vector bar

Meal #2 - snack on celery, or red or green peppers

Meal #3 - 1 grilled skinless chicken breast or lean roast beef, 1 serving vegetable, 1 serving rice

Meal #4 - Yogourt

Meal #5 - Banana

Meal #6 - Protein Shake

Meal #7 - 1 grilled skinless chicken breast, medium size garden salad, 1 serving rice

Meal #8 - Bowl of cereal

I also take 2 multi-vitamins per day, and take ephedrine once a day if I need the appetite suppresant

those are some really weird meals. celery for a meal, yogurt, banana each separately for a meal? i would have protein with all those or drop them all and replace with low glycemic comples carbs like oats, maybe drop the fruit. i mean thats only 2 chicken breasts and 2 protein shakes for protein, but if you are getting leaner and leaner, dont change a thing.

you may have dropped weight but i bet a fair bit of that was muscle. you need to up ur protein to preserve your muscles otherwise those months spent bulking will be nuthin but a waste of time.

also i think that u are trying to cut to quickly. the way i cut is i start with my bulking diet and slowly take out all the shit/ junk then remove the carbs. for example i may start with 1 cup of rice at a certain meal then a week or 2 later id make that 1/2 cup of rice. give or take another week or 2 that meal will have no rice in it. you need to make slow changes to allow ur body to burn the stored fat instead of the food ur shovin down the hatch.

i dont no where u got ur diet from but it needs to be chucked out the window and burnt...no offence, but its just not a bbing diet. ' snack on celery, or red or green peppers' what type of meal is that?. you need to remove the yogurt, banana, cereal b4 bed(this is an absolute MUST) and the rice at night

PM me if you wnat any help as im available for online training

Thanks for the replies. I agree I think some of the weight loss has been muscle unfortunately, but a lot was fat. After reviewing my diet, ya, it looks pretty weird...I will definately increase my protein intake. I want to keep meals 2,4, and 5, but I want to add protein to them, what could I do? What could I have at night besides cereal thats quick?

Eat it or Beat it!!! said:
i dont no where u got ur diet from but it needs to be chucked out the window and burnt...no offence, but its just not a bbing diet. ' snack on celery, or red or green peppers' what type of meal is that?. you need to remove the yogurt, banana, cereal b4 bed(this is an absolute MUST) and the rice at night

Agreed. You need to start from scratch and do this the right way. First, you need to find you protein requirement for this diet. Since you;re cutting, your carb intake will be restricted, therefore, your protien requirement will go up. You should be taking in at least 1 gram protein/lb. body mass, preferrably 1.5 or you're going to lose muscle. For your carbs, as a starter, try the same percentages. You'll have to experiment with the carbs to see how your body reacts to certain amounts. Give it a couple weeks - if you're training is in order and you're not shedding fat, cut out a carb meal. Fats should be held as low as possible, no more than 20% of your caloric intake. Find an online glycemic index and choose carbs that have low GI's. Forget that rice and cereal crap. Eat that when you're bulking. Group a large percentage of your carbs pre-and post-workout. Post-workout is the only time you can eat high GI carbs. Don't be afraid to eat at those meals. And cardio is a must. You can't cut without cardio - period. Let us know how much you've been doing, if any, and we'll let you know if you need to up it or not. Finally, after you've done all this, shoot the guy that gave you this diet.

Meal #3 - 1 grilled skinless chicken breast or lean roast beef, 1 serving vegetable, 1 serving rice

Meal #4 - Yogourt

Meal #5 - Banana

Meal #6 - Protein Shake

Meal #7 - 1 grilled skinless chicken breast, medium size garden salad, 1 serving rice

Meal #8 - Bowl of cereal

I also take 2 multi-vitamins per day, and take ephedrine once a day if I need the appetite suppresant

I see how you lost all that weight, but Im afraid it has been at the expense of quality muscle. I would definitely add some protein to meals 2,4,5,8, also as others suggested you don’t really need that cereal before bed. Stick with slow digesting protein shake such as a caesinate at that time.

Nope said:
Well I have now completed 6 weeks of my diet and I went from 203 to 183 so far. I will continue for another month and see where I'm at. My diet is similar to the one I originally posted, but it has some changes, here's what seems to work.

A Prtein shake will work but It would be better to have say 7egg wht and 1 whole egg scrambled.
the way your going, I dont see why even eating this meal at all, it = maybe 20cals total, Id add a 40g Protein shake in right here atleast and maybe even another serving of oats
This meal doesnt look bad make sure rice is brown rice
Meal #4 - Yogourt
As a filler it aint bad
Meal #5 - Banana
Ditch it
Meal #6 - Protein Shake
Fine
Id cut out the rice in this meal and have some broccoli or green beans instead
Meal #8 - Bowl of cereal
Hell No!!! Have a 40g protein shake if its Casein Protein even better

Enjoy

Nope said:
Thanks again for the help, I do 18 min of HIIT cardio after weights. This is 4-5 times a week.
HIIT is good for fat loss, but Id walk at say Level 3-3.5 at a 10deg incline for at least 30min 4-5 times a week to spare the muscle you have left.

Back