cycle for powerlifting

dg1483

i am into powerlifting pretty big i am training for the next two years in prep for a strongman, soemthing i have wanted to do for as long as i can remember. i hope this is something i can excel in and get good at. i did a cycle of test only about 6 weeks ago and am looking to go back on something in another 6 weeks. what is these strongmen are taking and powerlifters. they look lean (meaning 10-15% bf) but are just massive weighing around 270-290 at onlt 5'10".other than diet and training regimane which is great (i am a trainer and workout with powerlifters natural of course) what is it i shoudl take for strength gains and that power i need to win a strongman ? any help would be great, thanks fellas.

test, deca, dbol, tren, anavar....and maybe all at the same time

Im a PLer and I normally take Test + Dbol or Test/Deca and for the firs ttim eever im trying test/halo.. my training partner takes test anavar + halo and it works for him greatly

dg1483 said:
all at once or what combos should i use?

pct to go with each one as well if you could?
Pick only one oral, probably not a good idea to take both at the same time. Also, I'd get some test suspension for the last couple weeks before a competition. I've had many PL/strongmen tell me that suspension's quick acting nature really helped them "peak" for their competition.

your cycle ingredients should depend on your goals . are you big enough and just want strength or do you need mass as well as strength . it makes a big difference imo .

DADAWG said:
your cycle ingredients should depend on your goals . are you big enough and just want strength or do you need mass as well as strength . it makes a big difference imo .

did a cycle of test and gained 10 pounds up to 255. went off and statred training with plyos and agilities twice a week and ate more food rather than high call bars and shakes (strictly new whey shots of 42g and isopure drinks) and ate more fish and chicken and complex carbs and went from 255-235 currently in 6 weeks all while keeping strength in fact getting stronger. size is no issue just strength is all i need. mass will come but i wouldn't mind being more athletic and still keep getting gains in strength. so now what do you suggest? i'm 5'10.5" BTW and 17% bf

dg1483 said:
did a cycle of test and gained 10 pounds up to 255. went off and statred training with plyos and agilities twice a week and ate more food rather than high call bars and shakes (strictly new whey shots of 42g and isopure drinks) and ate more fish and chicken and complex carbs and went from 255-235 currently in 6 weeks all while keeping strength in fact getting stronger. size is no issue just strength is all i need. mass will come but i wouldn't mind being more athletic and still keep getting gains in strength. so now what do you suggest? i'm 5'10.5" BTW and 17% bf
i would use the same test dose or slightly more as last time for 12-15 weeks along with tren [tren eth preferable ] at 400-600 mg a week . IF and i say IF i added anything else it would be either Anavar (var) at 50-60 mg ed for 6-8 weeks or masteron at 400 mg ew throughout the cycle .
these combos have worked well in some powerlifting lab rats :)

height:5'11"
weight:235
Training: Basic powerlifts using Westside Barbell practices and incorporating Prilepin's russian % tables for al 3 major lifts. I do plyometrics once a week and my cardio includes walkiing on a treadmill for 20 minutes everyday and agility drills/jumping rope twice a week. BP~380-400,Squat~425,DL~475
Experience: Did one 10 week cycle of TEST-E 500 mg/week gained 10 pounds strength went up a little had no side effects but i retunred to around 245-250 range then started cardio mentioned above and changed my diet to isopure drinks and new whey shots(high protein, no fat,no carbs and low cal) for supplements and got the rest of my protein from chicken/fish complex carbs and that dropped me 10 more pounds to 235 currently. styrength never was compromised in this weight loss either.
Goals: Training for strength and speed in order to compete in a local strongman event when I am 25 or 26. No idea if I have what it takes to ever make it big but I really want to try. I think strength is only half the battle as the guys who excel are athletic as well which is why I will continue plyos/agilities. That with a powerlifting regimen I feel will give me and edge. I will also slowly incorpporate strongman events into my workouts as well.

dg1483 said:

height:5'11"
weight:235
Training: Basic powerlifts using Westside Barbell practices and incorporating Prilepin's russian % tables for al 3 major lifts. I do plyometrics once a week and my cardio includes walkiing on a treadmill for 20 minutes everyday and agility drills/jumping rope twice a week. BP~380-400,Squat~425,DL~475
Experience: Did one 10 week cycle of TEST-E 500 mg/week gained 10 pounds strength went up a little had no side effects but i retunred to around 245-250 range then started cardio mentioned above and changed my diet to isopure drinks and new whey shots(high protein, no fat,no carbs and low cal) for supplements and got the rest of my protein from chicken/fish complex carbs and that dropped me 10 more pounds to 235 currently. styrength never was compromised in this weight loss either.
Goals: Training for strength and speed in order to compete in a local strongman event when I am 25 or 26. No idea if I have what it takes to ever make it big but I really want to try. I think strength is only half the battle as the guys who excel are athletic as well which is why I will continue plyos/agilities. That with a powerlifting regimen I feel will give me and edge. I will also slowly incorpporate strongman events into my workouts as well.
did you run a proper post cycle therapy (pct) with your 1st cycle ?
i think 500 mg of test eth along with 400-500 mg of tren eth every week for 12-15 weeks along with plenty of calories and proper post cycle therapy (pct) would make a significant size/strength difference . also dont be afraid of red meat , there are plenty of lean cuts of red meat and extra lean hamburger to add to your diet .

DocJ said:
Pick only one oral, probably not a good idea to take both at the same time. Also, I'd get some test suspension for the last couple weeks before a competition. I've had many PL/strongmen tell me that suspension's quick acting nature really helped them "peak" for their competition.

no you can do halo/var together. My TP does it with 0 problems and loves it

DADAWG said:
did you run a proper post cycle therapy (pct) with your 1st cycle ?
i think 500 mg of test eth along with 400-500 mg of tren eth every week for 12-15 weeks along with plenty of calories and proper post cycle therapy (pct) would make a significant size/strength difference . also dont be afraid of red meat , there are plenty of lean cuts of red meat and extra lean hamburger to add to your diet .

i did arimedex eod to prevent gyno like it was suggested to me and then i did 3 weeks of nolvadex....what is suggested for this cycle dadawg?

dg1483 said:
i did arimedex eod to prevent gyno like it was suggested to me and then i did 3 weeks of nolvadex....what is suggested for this cycle dadawg?
3 weeks of niolva is ok but i still prefer at least a little clomid during post cycle therapy (pct) , maybe 50 mg ed along with the nolva .

Back