Dead Lift Question

jfw308

This may seem like an obvious answer here but someone help me out. I have only been lifting since April 03. My training partner and I have been doing rack deads for sometime now. The last 2 back workouts we have incorporated dead lifts instead of rack deads. My question is "am I doing them wrong if my lower back is stiff for a couple of days after each workout?" I wouldn't say my lower back hurts, it's just extremely stiff. If I am doing them incorrectly does someone have an idea as to what I could be doing wrong? BTW I got 405 for 1 on the second workout.

No, my lower back is still stiff from my workout 2 days ago. I would probably not suggest singles at this point, until your form is on the money. You may have a weekpoint in the lift, and doing singles possibly will cause you to pull something. Try doing 3x5 and increasing the weight by 10lbs every workout.

pussy..............jk
mine hurts a little bit for a few days also.
I agree with jcp2 we should try to keep away from the singles
for awile.

Thanks, and you're right singles probably wasn't a good idea. It's just the ego kicking in to see what my max is right now. I have made some pretty descent gains since April and wanted something to compare the deadlift with a few months from now.

April November
Bench 185/1 320/1
Squat 245/1 425/1
O/H Dumbell Ext. 60 for 3x8 100 for 3x10

When you see a thread from needsize and he's doing 600, you're right I do feel like a pussy. lol

yea....i thought i was great when i got 430.....then my coach/workoutpartner goes to a powerlifting meet and gets 750......needless to say my pussy was throbbing

Thanks for the comments people. I have looked on the net for this myself and didn't find what I was looking for exactly but maybe one of you has it handy. Can someone post pics that would show the proper form for the deadlift. Even if it's an illustration.

slobberknocker said:
Here's a video. Tim Harold, 19 years old, 700 lb pull. And a nice guy too, lol.

http://www.xtrememass.com/videos/ipanats700.wmv

TIMMAY!!!!!

Seriously though...doesn't your chest get sore after working chest? Of course...

Are there muscles in your back? Shouldn't they get sore after you train them?

On another note...the ONLY times that I've hurt my spine doing deads...is when I was doing reps. I do singles only now in training (for tne most part) and I haven't had a spine problem in a LONG time. I also spend A LOT of time strengthening my abs, erectors, and my entire core.

B True

Back