Deadlift form for evaluation

pullinbig said:
\
your set up is fine. the only flaw in your form is you locking your knees aout a bit too early. try to time it so your knees and hips lockout together. other than that it looks good.

as far as the other guy goes he'll never get those pulls passed in a meet. his knees are unlocking at lockout cause he' leaning back too far. plus that adds distanmceto the pull and isnt necessary.

play around w/your stance and see which way you more comfy. some lifters use an ultra wide stance. im prolly medium.

thank you very much

LiftTillIDie said:
Rocco how much were you pulling there? Also who's voice was that talking to the woman doing deads?

The womans voice is sandy mccaslin and the girl is her teenage daughter. Sandy owns iron asylum gym and is one of my trainers and training partners.

The weight was 225. I was doing some light beltless sets for the camera.

So I an all time Pr yesterday. 405 raw for 2 sets of 3. I will post the whle w/o in my training log.

Next week i'm getting into my gear.

congrats big man. very nice pr.

guess that shoots the nay sayers in the ass for saying you cant pull every week.

seriously guys the finish pullers pull 3xw and they have the biggest deads, over all, of anyone.

silver_shadow said:
thanks bro

you quite welcome silver :D

whatever is your week point in the lift is where the majority of the work needs to be done. im weekest off the floor sumo so i try to pull off the floor as much as possible making sure i use my legs to drive the weight up. however my prob gets the most help from gear as briefs/suit aid more out of the hole than at the top. i pulled 585 2 x 5reps this week, belt only. i add 15lbs per week so next week is 600 2 x 5reps. ill add breifs in once i cant complete all 5 reps in both sets. im still 13 weeks out from the deadlift only meet.

Last edited:
if i dont do dead lifts right now because of a bad lower back what kind of muscle can i expect from adding them with weight lower such as 225. what parts of my body will benefit?

simpllyhuge said:
if i dont do dead lifts right now because of a bad lower back what kind of muscle can i expect from adding them with weight lower such as 225. what parts of my body will benefit?

YOu will likely have less back pain and nothing has developed my back in general and brought me to that next level like deads have.

inzer lever belt is my choice.

pullinbig said:
congrats big man. very nice pr.

guess that shoots the nay sayers in the ass for saying you cant pull every week.

seriously guys the finish pullers pull 3xw and they have the biggest deads, over all, of anyone.

haha, yeah it's really hard for those people who say you can only deadlift once every 3 weeks otherwise you overtrain. Well I've been pulling twice a week for the past 11 weeks(one heavy and one stiff leg) and before that I was pulling three times a week for 8 weeks. My deadlift has never improved so much, I've put at least 50lbs on in 19 weeks.

Last edited:
Stinn said:
haha, yeah it's really hard for those people who say you can only deadlift once every 3 weeks otherwise you overtrain. Well I've been pulling twice a week for the past 11 weeks(one heavy and one stiff leg) and before that I was pulling three times a week for 8 weeks. My deadlift has never improved so much, I've put at least 50lbs on in 19 weeks.

im pulling 2xw as well.

Back