Debating on running cycle after fighting depression

meyers462

Okay. So I been lifting for about 3 years. I got up to 185 solid. Then I had surgery on my wrist got a girlfriend about 6 months ago. We broke up last month and I been depressed but I been hitting the gym again. I lost 45 lbs I'm now 140. My strength and all is coming back at a good pace, 5-10 lbs increase every week. But I was wondering would I be fine to run a cycle? This is the first time I'm below 10% bf to. So I would think if I cycled I'd get some good size and stay around 10%. I have ran 2 cycles of prohormones in the past and seen great gains 20 lbs gained every cycle. The stack I currently have of AAS is test Cyp, dbol, arimidex, and novadex for pct. Also the only time I have felt good and not depressed was when I ran ph's. My doc also said I'm on the lower side of test levels but not low enough for TRT.

If you're not depressed anymore I can't see why not?

If you are depressed and want to run a cycle, I would limit it to testosterone and perhaps dbol just like you have
but I wouldn't ever run anymore than that with depression - but that's just my opinion...

The real question is, are you depressed... or is it depression.

If it is depression... running a cycle will not help - not at all.

If it's just a bad time, and you're being depressed from a life experience such as a girlfriend break up... then YES a cycle
might be the best thing to get you feeling good about yourself and life.

If it is depression without knowing why you're depressed - then I would see a doctor (which I am not.)

I hope the best for ya buddy! :)

If you're not depressed anymore I can't see why not?

If you are depressed and want to run a cycle, I would limit it to testosterone and perhaps dbol just like you have
but I wouldn't ever run anymore than that with depression - but that's just my opinion...

The real question is, are you depressed... or is it depression.

If it is depression... running a cycle will not help - not at all.

If it's just a bad time, and you're being depressed from a life experience such as a girlfriend break up... then YES a cycle
might be the best thing to get you feeling good about yourself and life.

If it is depression without knowing why you're depressed - then I would see a doctor (which I am not.)

I hope the best for ya buddy! :)
Thanks man and yeah that's all I would run the rest of the stuff I have is to counter act the side effects. And yeah my long term gf broke up with me and I been depressed for awhile now so I went to the doctor and he gave me bupropion HCl 75 mg which I looked up and would be fine with gear
Stats...post all your stats. age , ht , history,

History: Started lifting in 2012, was 120 lbs by the march I was 185 pretty solid. Had surgery at end of march on wrist and then I was no longer able to lift and after I got cleared I was hooked on my girl and then we broke up I got depressed (still kind of am but trying to make best of it and I seen doctor). So now I weight 140 lbs currently. And I work as a laborer in factory on my feet 10 hours a day lifting 50-70 lbs doors all day.

Stats:
Squat- (previous 315) now: 175
Bench- (previous 265) now: 165
Deadlift- (previous 345) now: haven't done yet

Height: 5'9
Weight: (previous 185) now 140

I think you just start hitting the gym regularly for a while. I bet that strength comes back quick enough without any gear. I could see another injury happening easy enough without adding AAS.

I find working out to be pretty therapeutic all on its own. Get back into a routine and get your strength base back, you'll feel much better.

check this channel out, it's about a dude who had debilitating depression, wen't on trt, changed his life. has a lot of inspirational type feels too not just about drugs. he lifts but he's on for legit depression not to get big so it addresses real depression issues. I found it cus he did vids on bf% and how to inject etc...

https://www.youtube.com/user/bignoknow

I dont think a cycle is the best idea to be honest. Keep doing what your doing. You said yourself you are making very good progress, keep it up. Get your foundation in order and well established for while instead of the up and down thing. You have the rest of your life to cycle. Establish that foundation for a few more years man. In the long run you will be glad you did.

Yeah I know..but I already got all the stuff pharma grade. $400 worth. And I'm going to admit I don't want to wait and take years to get back to where I was. I was never shredded either. This is lowest bf I been ever. I live in a generation where you need results now and that's sad. But if I ever want to compete and have a chance at winning I have to start soon. Cause if I start at 27 and am 200 lbs 15% I will only have a few years to compete if I would like to be Mr O or even go pro or become a fitness model.

Your thoughts are very scattered in your last post.
People gave their opinions, but it sounds like you are going to use regardless of what others say.
My best advice is to sleep on it and reevaluate in the morning.
Also, take another month to train naturally and get into a better mindset.
Also, take that month to research more on steroids and mental health.

You're going to do what you want to do, we know this and you know this. I get the feeling you're looking for someone to give you a real good reason not to.

Here's two:

1. You're 21, and if you lost a QUARTER of your body weight that quickly, something with your diet is very, VERY wrong. You haven't spent nearly enough time in the gym to build up your base, nor develop enough of a routine to really take advantage. Frankly, you'd likely be wasting your money.

2. AAS amplifies emotions. If you're sad, you'll get VERY sad; angry? Hulk rage time. I totally understand the need to get out of a dark place, but I promise that hormones (unless you're truly hypogonadal) are NOT the answer.

I would take the time to keep building yourself back up. Make those connective tissues nice and strong - you don't want to wreck your wrist again, which could happen if you're suddenly pushing vastly more weight.

As to your Mr O comment, what age do you think these guys are competing seriously at? You are aware that many of them are in their FORTIES right? It takes a very long time to create dense, well-developed muscle structure, not something that happens in two years of being on AAS. Contrary to whatever Mr Lloyd says on his channel.

My .02c :)

Yes I understand why I shouldn't do it. Idk what I want to to yet. And before I lost all this weight I use to bulk and cut but I could never get down to under 10%. I bulked from 120 to 185 over the course of 3 years and was about 17% bf then I cut down to 150 and was 12-15% bf. Now I'm 140 sitting @ 10%. That's means only got like 20 lbs of lean mass over 3 years. ( 6 months off training until a few weeks ago) Remember I have low test but not low enough for TRT.

Also my surgery on wrist was for a ganglion cyst

Yes I understand why I shouldn't do it. Idk what I want to to yet. And before I lost all this weight I use to bulk and cut but I could never get down to under 10%. I bulked from 120 to 185 over the course of 3 years and was about 17% bf then I cut down to 150 and was 12-15% bf. Now I'm 140 sitting @ 10%. That's means only got like 20 lbs of lean mass over 3 years. ( 6 months off training until a few weeks ago) Remember I have low test but not low enough for TRT.

Also my surgery on wrist was for a ganglion cyst

Almost everything you're describing is a function of diet. I would start there, as that will truly determine results regardless of what your hormones look like.

When you say low testosterone, what numbers we talking here? There's a significant difference between being on the lower end of the scale (which doesn't mean much), and being 25ng/dL above a clinical diagnosis.

Almost everything you're describing is a function of diet. I would start there, as that will truly determine results regardless of what your hormones look like.

When you say low testosterone, what numbers we talking here? There's a significant difference between being on the lower end of the scale (which doesn't mean much), and being 25ng/dL above a clinical diagnosis.

My free test is 16.4 and my total test is 685

My free test is 16.4 and my total test is 685

And you think that's low, why? You have great testosterone levels, contrary to what you may have read on the Internet. :)

Honestly, if you want to kick things into high gear, I'd get in touch with 3J and see what he thinks. You can find him residing in the diet forum.

Depends how much of a wimp you are and how fat you are. How fast can you start a real routine with proper nutrition? A lean 200 is pretty doable for most folks.

And how fast can he make me 200 lbs lean ( 8-10% bf)?
You get out what you put in. 60lbs of lean mass is a tall order, even on GRAMS of AAS with a perfect diet/training. I have seen quite a few amazing successes come from 3J clients, but I would start with a smaller goal first. Hit him up, I'm sure he'll be able to give you a far better (and realistic) projection than we can. Just be completely honest with him, as you only hurt your progress by leaving out details. ;)

You get out what you put in. 60lbs of lean mass is a tall order, even on GRAMS of AAS with a perfect diet/training. I have seen quite a few amazing successes come from 3J clients, but I would start with a smaller goal first. Hit him up, I'm sure he'll be able to give you a far better (and realistic) projection than we can. Just be completely honest with him, as you only hurt your progress by leaving out details. ;)

I emailed him but have not gotten a response. But how much lean mass you think I could put on in a year with serious dieting? I have muscle memory to if that's a thing or a myth

I emailed him but have not gotten a response. But how much lean mass you think I could put on in a year with serious dieting? I have muscle memory to if that's a thing or a myth

nobody can answer this ^ only one way to find out...

Back