Deca Dose for Recomp without weight gain

DinoTexas

I'm 5'10 and 185lbs and 41 years old - 8% BF. 5th cycle. TRT dose of Test at 175pw. I'm adding Deca and Mast for a 12 week blast. My desired outcome is to add lean muscle but not to gain weight (+5lbs max). I was originally planning

keep TRT dose of Test normal at 175pw
Mast at 600pw
Deca at 500pw
Arimadex at .5 eod

I'm fearful that I will put on weight with this cycle and my goal is to stay roughly the same weight while adding lean mass. Would you recommend lowering the deca dose to say 300-400 to obtain these goals, or keep dose the same and try and control calorie intake and keep dose the same? Secondary consideration is to reduce Deca to 200 pw for joint relief and just add Mast. Would like your expert opinions. Thx for the help

I'm no expert but I've used Deca several cycles, from 300-600mg a week. Unless you're in a steep calorie deficit I don't see any you won't put on more than 5 lbs. that's strong shit. Maybe 200 for joint relief would work best for your goal.

Why not just blast some tren if u haven't already picked up deca?
Better choice then deca in my eyes
Recomp bro,.eat at matainence, put on some quality lbm in return

Last edited:
My wife threw my Tren away. Sorry 49er, I was pissed too., true story. So it's Deca and Mast for now. I think I'll run Deca at 400, and Mast at 600 and try not to let the Deca control my appetite to whatever degree that's possible:)

youre going to have to leave your ego at the door if you want to recomp with deca..

since it will cause bloating, you cant be sure if youre recomping correctly..

what i recommend is you go about 300 calories above maint, ideally with a carb cycle approach.. and add 100 calories every other week for 10 weeks... that would be a safe bet for keeping things lean..

everyone want to stay at a decent bodyfat while adding muscle.. but keep in mind genetics play a factor.. and if you really want to put and keep some serious mass on, it involved getting a little chubby

i do have clients that can add 20lbs of weight and only 1% bodyfat... but i believe thats more due to genetics, given everything else like training and nutrition are equal

If you're at 8% body fat, you're really not recomping as you have only so much fat to lose and replace with muscle. Even then, you're going to have to be SUPER diligent to keep it that way as staying under 10% is a challenge in and of itself.

What percent body fat are you aiming for? If you're truly at 8%, you have 14.5lbs TOTAL body fat, of which you need around 4% to survive. This leaves you around 7lbs of fat to displace, which can be done - but I don't know if you're going to be able to do it with a standard stack.

Is this for a show or something? We're talking EXTREMELY low body fat percentages here.

@Halfwit - very fair point and I suppose recomp wasn't the best word choice, but rather add very lean muscle with as little fat as possible. My sport (one that still allows me to compete as a 40 year old), achieves the best results having a high strength to weight ratio, with emphasis on staying relatively light and nimble. So I'm trying not to get too heavy, although it's possible I could remain equally competitive at 195, I've just never tried it.

@3J - thanks for the advice man, much appreciated. It's starting to feel to me like deca may be a better winter cycle for me since I am a water sports competitor. I have cycled Test several times and have plenty of it on hand also, and don't seem to pick up too much water weight. Do you guys think I'd be better served leaving out Deca and just cycling Test and Mast instead for now?

Gonna throw this out there... but have you considered throwing in Turanabol?

You'd get some really lean gains with that oral compound. I was amazed at the results I got from it.

Research it, I think it may suit what you're after.

Back