Decreasing libido on test?

StAAS56

I'm in my 5th week of a Test prop cycle taking 400-450 mg/wk with EOD injections. It is my first time using an injectable.

Things were going well for the first 4 weeks. Libido was very high as expected and my balls didn't even look any different.

About a week ago I noticed testicular shrinkage. That's to be expected, of course. No need to panic. Now over the past few days I've noticed a definite decline in my libido. It's not gone completely but definitely not as easy to get or stay hard as it was until recently.

I should note that I'm taking AI's but not at heavy doses and I started those weeks ago, which means that I was on them for several weeks with no noticeable impact on my libido. So I don't think the AI's are the culprit.

What's going on then?

My hypothesis is that up until around last week, my natural test production was still going and this, coupled with the additional synthetic test, put my libido into overdrive.

Now my balls are finally shutting down and the exogenous test is no longer boosting me high above natural levels but only acting as a replacement.

If the above is true, then the question is why it took so long for my balls to shrink in the first place. Maybe my gear is underdosed? Or maybe 400mg/wk is simply too low for my body.

Is this theory plausible? What other explanations could there be?

I want my libido back. My plan is to bump up my dose to 600 mg/wk and see if that makes it come back. If it doesn't and/or the situation gets worse, I'll probably start PCT. If it does, I'll run for a few more weeks.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
from my understanding once your body realizes test is coming from an outside source, it shuts down. so your natural production should have been shut down in weeks 2-3.. i hope if im wrong someone will correct me....it might be that your estro levels are still too high and you might need to up the Aromatase inhibitor (AI) dosage. but someone with a lot more knowledge will come along and answer your questions. especially if im wrong.

I think your AI's are the culprit honestly!!! If you suppress your Estrogen too much then you will lose libido!!!
Even with low dose Aromatase inhibitor (AI), some people don't aromatize like others so a low dose on you might be too much cause you don't need it!!!

I never have serious atrophy and honestly can barely tell my nads have shrunk even slightly when on test at levels of 400mg per week. But I put on crazy weight at this level!!!! I don't believe there is a general rule for the shutdown of the nads on given amounts of test because EVERYONE is different and respond differently!!!

Cut the AI's out and give it a week, see if your libido comes back. If in this weeks time you don't experience gyno symptoms, sore nips etc... then stay off until you do and I'm willing to bet you your libido will be in full effect.
Think positive also!!! Nothing worse to kill the libido than your mind thinking something is wrong with your libido!!!

Average person on the high end makes around 70-80 mg of test per week. You're putting more than enough to replace.

Get the female hormone panel from private md labs. Tells you where your e2 levels are. Too little or too much is a bad thing on my libido anyways. Google around for the 15% coupon code. With the results play around with your Aromatase inhibitor (AI) dosage.

Well damn, that's not good to hear because I'm very prone to Est sides. I had some budding gyno and major bloat earlier in the cycle which I eliminated with letro. And even that didn't seem to put a dent in my libido at the time.

I have all 3 common AI's on hand. Have been running primarily A-dex @ .5-1mg/day, sometimes skipping a day. So I hope you guys are wrong lol.

Tanuki, thanks a lot for the lab info. I've been looking for something like that. I think I'll take your advice and get that done.

Last edited:
You'll never know unless you get blood work done. It's about 50 bucks and you get the results the next day. Watch out though you might live in one of those nanny states that wont let you get your own bloodwork done.

You'll never know unless you get blood work done. It's about 50 bucks and you get the results the next day. Watch out though you might live in one of those nanny states that wont let you get your own bloodwork done.

Ahh damnit, that I do. :(
Taxachusetts. POS liberals.

I'm confused here. You have only been on cycle 5 weeks, you have already had and eliminated gyno with letro? Now you are taking adex, which has like a 36 hour half life everyday?

I doubt you had gyno that quick and got rid of it that quick. You seem to be taking way too much Aromatase inhibitor (AI). Most of bloating comes from a poor diet. Cut down the sodium and increase the water intake. You are most likely putting your estro to low. Even if you lower your dose it can take several days to notice the effects.

Your body will stop producing test within the first few days so that has nothing to do with it. Adex is intended for eod or e3d dosing but it can be used ED for some people who need it but alot of factors influence that including BF, dose, length of cycle.

Your best bet is to get online and get a blood draw. But I would stop the adex for a few days then go to .25 EOD or .5 at the most if needed but the best way is bloods.

Yes, letro is quite capable of eliminating budding gyno almost instantly. It worked for me when I was off cycle and had some leftover gyno from PH use and it did the same thing with on cycle test gyno.

I didn't start off the cycle using AI's. Since it was my first time on test I wanted to assess my tolerance and see how long I could go before developing noticeable sides. Turned out to be about 10 days. That's when I felt the sensitivity and minor lumps and that's when I took a single dose of letro to correct them. After that I started Adex at .5mg, then moved up to 1 mg because bloating was an issue.

I suppose it's possible. I agree that I need to get bloodwork done. And in the meantime I'll cut back, but as I write this I do have some very small knots in the nips. Sucks but what can you do. Maybe I should give nolva a shot on cycle. Tonight I went with Liqui Stane @ 12.5mg. That will last me a few days...

For some reason I had thought the HL of Adex was shorter.

I guess I should ask: For those who've ever shut down their libido due to Aromatase inhibitor (AI) use, how long did it take for it to recover once you adjusted dosages/discontinued?

Last edited:
I hate to tell you but 1 dose of letro did not clear up "budding" gyno. It's not instant, it takes up to 7 days or more to become effective. The bloating is an issue with your diet, and you shouldn't be switching AI's on a regular basis. If you start using adex, then switch over to aromisin, they are both typically run together for a few days, because it takes a little time for them to start working.

You can't just pick and choose what you want for the day of for different estro symptoms. Pick an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and stick with it. You want advice and you got it, so at this point I would start found a lot more research on how these things work because at this rate you will end up with all kinds of issues the way you are running things. And you don't need to pull out letro for a day or aromisin for a day everytime you think your starting to get gyno. The whole point of taking an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) is to prevent it, but that requires continuous use of the same one so you can build serum levels.

User is completely spot-on with his info bro... listen up and get your shit together.

gyno CANNOT be eliminated by letro, can be controlled, but that's it... NO Aromatase inhibitor (AI) can elimiinate it, only surgery can do that...

as for your libido issues, I would bet the farm that it's from fooling around with that letro shit... no place in bodybuilding for that stuff in my mind... keep going with the prop as is, u'll be fine

I hate to tell you but 1 dose of letro did not clear up "budding" gyno. It's not instant, it takes up to 7 days or more to become effective. The bloating is an issue with your diet, and you shouldn't be switching AI's on a regular basis. If you start using adex, then switch over to aromisin, they are both typically run together for a few days, because it takes a little time for them to start working.

You can't just pick and choose what you want for the day of for different estro symptoms. Pick an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and stick with it. You want advice and you got it, so at this point I would start found a lot more research on how these things work because at this rate you will end up with all kinds of issues the way you are running things. And you don't need to pull out letro for a day or aromisin for a day everytime you think your starting to get gyno. The whole point of taking an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) is to prevent it, but that requires continuous use of the same one so you can build serum levels.

^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^
Just like I said, cut out your Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and then if gyno persists (which I don't think it will) then take a lower dosage like .25-.5 EOD and increase accordingly.
User is one of the more knowledgeable guys on this site. Besides the fact that I know he is right, he is ALWAYS right. Listen to him, he will help your situation bro!!!

damn, User schoolin the noobs! Love it!

lol don't take it too far. I'm not some huge noob. I wasn't born yesterday and I didn't get "schooled".

Fact is, letro works and it works fast. It does what it's supposed to and I am not the only person who holds that view. Opinions are going to be all across the board because of individual human variation, and that's not going to change.

You can go to different anabolics forums and get opinions from the "resident board guru's" that completely contradict each other. I read multiple forums and see this all time. I mean every single time I run a search.

I see people saying letro is the best, I see them saying letro sucks, I hear that STANE is the "king of AI's", then I hear another guy saying that Stane is weak and Adex is best on cycle. I hear that AI's are for on cycle and SERM's are for PCT, then the next day I hear some guy saying that Nolva on cycle can help. I hear some saying that Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is a must, others saying it's too risky and has its own sides. On and on it goes, etc, etc...

It's a merry-go-round. Pick an opinion, any opinion, and I guarantee you can find at least ONE "online expert" defending that position on one of the dozens of anabolics forums out there.

So how the hell is anyone supposed to decide what they should take?

The answer is, the ONLY way to find out what works for your body is by experimenting a bit, and that's exactly what I've been doing. I'm not ignorant and I haven't done anything stupid or dangerous. Ok so maybe my Aromatase inhibitor (AI) dosages overlapped a bit, that's hardly the end of the world. And what's so terrible about trying different AI's during one cycle? They all have similar MoA's. Come on. People who take AAS do more risky and stupid stuff than that on a daily basis.

I am doing things 95% correct and basically going by the book on everything.
I know how much you vets and "experts" love to rag on new guys and turn any tiny mistake into a huge shitstorm. I have no idea why this gets you off so much. After I've been in the game for a few years I'm definitely not going to go on the forums and start lording my experience over others.

Just remember kiddos: Every forum has it's own resident "experts" and if you put em' all together in the same room, they couldn't agree on shit!

Yep, I called you kiddos. Don't take it personally, I'm just playing around! I still respect your advice and will consider everything you say but don't try to make it sound like you're Zeus in Olympus and I'm some lowly peon who needs to bow down before your altar.

"Remember, thou art mortal."

Last edited:
Letrozole lowers one of the estrogens too much( as far as I can remember). Use aramasin or arimidex. Also why not some Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) two times a week at 250 iu?

Letrozole lowers one of the estrogens too much( as far as I can remember). Use aramasin or arimidex. Also why not some HCG two times a week at 250 iu?

I am laying off the AI's as a result of the input received on this thread. I won't go back to letro. Only took 3 mini-doses during the entire cycle anyways.

Why no HCG? Good question. Simple answer is because it comes in amps not vials, and amps seem like a major pain in the ass to deal with.

Has anyone ever seen HCG that comes in vials? If so, I'll definitely pick it up for future cycles. I'm not sure why amps even exist or why anyone uses them.

I've been taking Toco-8 from Primordial Performance to preserve my nuts. It's a Vit E supplement.

Last edited:
Back