Dhea

cjw2021

Pro Bodybuilder
I recommend you all take DHEA. DHEA is implicated in chronic fatigue syndrome...where melatonin and dhea fail to be produced or fail to be produced at the right time of day.

You will have more energy and your immune system will be stimulated. DHEA is a neurosteroid and low levels can be a result of hormone replacement therapy. I don't know what I'd do without DHEA as I have some degree of adrenal insufficiency. Night and day difference. I recommend EVERYONE take it to prevent neurotransmitter, immune, and premature aging issues. including depression

Also if you exercise you burn dhea hence you feel tired after...one of the reasons aside from electrolyte depletion.

Last edited:
I remember reading older posts that talked about it reducing body acne for some as well.

Where can we get it and any brand name you recommend?

I take a brand called ortho molecular products and it is sublingual dissolving. You put it under your tongue. I take 10mg dhea and 5mg pregnenolone. In my opinion the pills you swallow don't work well for dhea. The sublingual ones bypass the first liver pass and are the only real effective ones. pregnenolone is another mother hormone neurosteroid. You can take this regimen twice a day.

I can take 10mg sublingual dhea and feel better than taking 100-400mg pill dhea. the first pass that the pill takes i think ruins it.

If there were just 2 supplements I could take it would be these. Without them I get sick brain fog, with them normal and energized.

Last edited:
CJW. How much DHEA Should I take. I've heard some people take 50mg a day. Do you just take one 10mg a day.

Do you think its ok to take it for me. I am on Chips conservative protocol. I was thinking of taking it because even though I have plenty of energy on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), I do get tired after workouts (especially on leg days) and taking DHEA might help.

Everyone on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) should be taking dhea. The dhea pills you swallow aren't worth a damn because between the liver breaking them down first pass and stomach acid breaking them down you have to take a ton like 500mg, and I'm not even sure they are even that active. Sublingual about 10-25mg a day is good. goes directly into the blood. If you are on adex or letro even better as aromatization to estrogen will be minimal. But just doing 10-25mg won't cause estrogen stress.

Taking 500 mg of dhea in oral form will just cause estrogen stress and problems lol.

I'm interested in this transdermal cream, tho I had a buddy that tried it and it didn't raise his dhea one bit.

Testosterone will just by its effects demand more DHEA, and exogenous testosterone may possibly downregulate DHEA synthesis. Not a big deal though, just take a sublingual pill or 5 small ones every morning depending on the dose (5-25mg sublingual pills available out there). I have some adrenal insufficiency so for me it is a life saver. If I don't take it, it's like being in a fog and fatigue is a bitch. DHEA also contributes to increasing melatonin synthesis at night.

Last edited:
On the post above you mentined that you take this regimen twice a day so I guess you take 20mg daily. Keep us posted on how you like the transdermal cream. Meanwhile, I will go ahead and order some sublingual ones.

What about pregnonelone. I did some research on this website about it. But should every one on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) to take as well?? Can you give some info about that also

preg is a good steroid motherhormone u can take 5-10mg of that a day sublingual as well. Nah I'd just do 15mg or so in the AM of sublingual dhea. go any higher and u r risking estro conversion, unless your bloods are super deficient. I'd like to see my dhea levels in the 500s.

Just went to my local vitamin shoppe to buy some DHEA. They did not have a sublingual but I got a spray its made by Natures Plus. Its 12.5mg per spray and it says to spray under the tounge and hold it for 20 seconds before swallowing. Is that the same as sublingual??

CJW Keep these awesome threads with supplement advise coming dude. They are very helpful. Thanks for sharing the knowledge.

Extreme rookie here, Just curious why someone would take DHEA and Pregnenalone? Doesn't Pregenalone turn into DHEA? Appreciate everyone sharing all their knowledge! Thanks

Pregnenolone also has an critical synthetic pathway into progesterone and then cortisol and aldosterone which depending on feedback loops, may compete with its conversion into DHEA. So both are needed by the body.

Whether or not one needs to supplement with them, either when underoing testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) or not, is quite controversial. Some 'high-profile' doc's favor their use, others are very opposed.

My opinion is to monitor your DHEA levels once or twice a year and then take a DHEA supplement IF necessary. I prefer micronized oral DHEA (50 mg ED) but everyone has their favorite route of administration.

Last edited:
jkb yes that would probably work do 2 sprays each morning when u wake up thx

Sorry CJW.. little confused bro. 2 Sprays would be 25mg. You said dont go higher than 15mg on the post above. I am guessing it just does'nt make much difference on the two dosages:dunno:

Last edited:
do 2 sprays... i just got the spray version and i think its more efficient. a68 rebel u probly took an oral version where you swallow pills. if you read my top post it says that the dhea goes through an extra pass in the liver when u do this, stomach acid destroys a lot of it, it converts to unwanted things on that extra liver pass, and you have to take 100 times the dose to get the same effect as sublingual or a sublingual spray. You can take 500mg of dhea u can swallow and have no bad sides but if you took the equivalent in sprays (25) you would probably have severe heart palps.

Good Deal, I did one spray yesterday and today. Honestly I kind of felt more energetic or a small rush soon as I took it. I dont think it was a placebo affect but either way it did the job. Cant wait till I do 2 sprays tomorow. Thanks my man!!

Last edited:
ya do it first thing when u wake up. thanks for the spray idea. i think it beats the pills which just absorb all over your mouth and take longer to dissolve. im telling u dhea cortisol and aldosterone are key to watch otherwise u wont be getting out of bed if any of those are low.

Got my sublingual preg and dhea today... friggin excited to get this going. never really researched preg before, I'm going to have my wife talk to her doc about it too - I think it's the only friggin hormone she isn't taking!

thanks again cjw!

DEUS - Give an update on how you like it. DHEA made a world of difference for me since the day I started. I am gonna order my preg today from somewhere online. Cant find a sublingual form in any stores near by me.

Back