Dhea

take the sublingual dhea twice a day is my advice...in the early AM and then at say like 2pm. i take preg once in the morning. i also do enzymedica's digest enzymes and they allow me to eat like a horse and i just looked ripped as shit all the time from increased nutrient absorption.

JKB - will do. Got both mine from amazon. I think source naturals dhea, but don't recall brand of preg. Each came in 5mg which works for dosages cjw recommends. Nearly impossible for me to buy anything timely if I wait to do it in person vs. online.

cjw - good to know, was wondering about the timing. I hear ya on enzymes. I've been using Udo's enzymes for years and they work great. I can eat a huge fatty ribeye, a baker and veggies and be starving again an hour later. Without them I'll be stuffed for a couple hours.

This forum rocks learning tons from everyone!

Wanted to give an update on cjw's great recommendation here:

Both my wife an I started on the sublingual DHEA and Preg. I won't bore you with here doses/details, but she is doing MUCH better and now notices a little kick after taking DHEA - morning and midafternoon at slump time (around 2PM).

I am taking 10mg DHEA + 10mg Preg ~6AM and 5mg DHEA + 10mg Preg ~2PM. I notice enough difference - isn't HUGE, but enough to swear by this stuff so far. Like my wife, I do experience a little kick after taking - I particularly notice at 2PM where I hit a mid-day slump big time... nowhere near as bad with DHEA - in fact, I can continue to focus and concentrate whereas somedays it was just hard.

I didn't order much so we just ran out of both for a couple days and both of us noticed a bigger difference not taking it. Placebo? Perhaps a little, but I am very in tune with myself and believe in lower subl doses vs. bigger oral.

It's early on so will probably have more definitive results after a couple months, but so far so good.

Great tip cjw!

glad its working i take the spray dhea stuff i find it stronger and longer lasting. 10mg preg twice a day saves my hair. If you swallow pregnenolone (not the sublingual version of course) it converts to a benzo in the liver and will mellow u out if u r hyper or stressed. sublingual it doesnt do this.

I never understood why they dont put all addisons patients on dhea as the cortex makes most of that too. when cortisol is released so is dhea in the body.

I've been looking all over the internet for cjw2021's recommendation of ortho molecular products' sublingual pregnenalone. Can't locate except at the ortho molecular products website (and they only sell to health care professionals with license numbers). I've seen a sublingual pregnenalone product by Source Naturals and Douglas Laboratories. Anyone know if these are any good or where to purchase the ortho molecular products brand? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I took CJW's advice and started using the spray DHEA. After about 6 months my blood levels of DHEA went from 325.5ug/dl to 497.0 ug/dl. normal range was listed at 88.9-427.

I am not sure if 497 is too high so I stopped taking the DHEA. I will see at next blood test if this drops down within range to decide if I am going to be taking DHEA supplements again.

PS. CJW2021 WHERE THE FUK ARE YOU? WE MISS YOUR HELPFUL INPUT ON THIS FORUM.

I recommend you all take DHEA. DHEA is implicated in chronic fatigue syndrome...where melatonin and dhea fail to be produced or fail to be produced at the right time of day.

You will have more energy and your immune system will be stimulated. DHEA is a neurosteroid and low levels can be a result of hormone replacement therapy. I don't know what I'd do without DHEA as I have some degree of adrenal insufficiency. Night and day difference. I recommend EVERYONE take it to prevent neurotransmitter, immune, and premature aging issues. including depression

Also if you exercise you burn dhea hence you feel tired after...one of the reasons aside from electrolyte depletion.

I agree adding DHEA to Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) or cycles is a good idea. also Pregnenolone seems to be a good idea also.

Back