Did my first backloading injection...anyone else?

synonymous

So I started doing my own injections. I had done them long ago so I don't fear the needles. However, when I did them I had amps that would have the exact amount in them and I wouldn't really look at the needle to see where it is at dose wise. I figured get as much in as possible, inject.

Now, I'm taking my doses from vials. With the bigger plunger needles, I can't really tell if I got my full dose. I'm not sure where to pull the plunger back to. The black part kind of sticks out like a sort of triangle...is that the point? Anyways...I did my first shot with of 0.25ml. It was like it was all in the needle and nothing went into the body...I wasn't sure I got anything. So, today I did it the 'backloading' way with a slin.

I was going to do my quad but chickened out and did my delt. Is there any reason to worry it isn't getting to the muscle and that it's sub-Q and wasting away? With the slin I can see more exactly as to where my dose is at ml wise. I had 0.28ml in it. When extracting it from the vial, I thought I had taken out about 0.35ml thinking I could waste a little bit just to see where I'm at. In the end, it was less.

Unless anyone here can show me why this is not the best way to do it, I think I'll continue. Doing glutes won't be possible...quads yes...but looking at the spot injection site I'm worried I won't hit muscle. Is there a reason to switch injection sites as often if backloading?

The plunger is shaped like a cone so that it will conform to the end of the barrel and not leave a pocket of unused medication. You should read off the outside edge of the plunger, not the point of the cone.

Even if the oil ends up sub-q, it will not be wasted.

Have you tried just taking the dose from the vial with a slin pin? I do it all the time.

You can also buy 1cc barrels that are as easy to read as slin pins but have interchangeable needles so you don't have to backload.

Not sure how backloading affects rotating sites... because of the smaller needle?

The plunger is shaped like a cone so that it will conform to the end of the barrel and not leave a pocket of unused medication. You should read off the outside edge of the plunger, not the point of the cone.

Even if the oil ends up sub-q, it will not be wasted.

Have you tried just taking the dose from the vial with a slin pin? I do it all the time.

You can also buy 1cc barrels that are as easy to read as slin pins but have interchangeable needles so you don't have to backload.

Not sure how backloading affects rotating sites... because of the smaller needle?

OK, I understand the cone like shape now. Thanks!!

I haven't tried taking the oil from the vial via slin. Will try it next time. BUT thinking about it, wouldn't the slin then be dull making it a little more painful when injecting? My slins are not separated (needle and container).

I figured that with a smaller needle (The slin) that there wouldn't be as much of an issue as far as scaring is concerned...but then again, I don't know.

Hello,
Scar tissue has nothing to do with the gauge of the needle being used, unless you are using 18g and then it may scar the skin.

The benefit of back-loading is that your insulin needle will be fresh and much sharper. Secondly, it doesn't take as long time to withdraw from the vial, some find it more convenient.

Hello,
Scar tissue has nothing to do with the gauge of the needle being used, unless you are using 18g and then it may scar the skin.

The benefit of back-loading is that your insulin needle will be fresh and much sharper. Secondly, it doesn't take as long time to withdraw from the vial, some find it more convenient.

Exactly this. Why draw with the needle you are going to inject with? It dulls it down quite a bit and it's much faster back loading.

Exactly this. Why draw with the needle you are going to inject with? It dulls it down quite a bit and it's much faster back loading.

I guess I do it for simplicity and a certain amount of frugality. I'm kind of careful piercing the stopper and I don't find the dulling noticeable.
I also think there is slightly more chance of contamination when backloading because the stopper and syringe are exposed to the open air.

Do you guys backload hCG too?

I guess I do it for simplicity and a certain amount of frugality. I'm kind of careful piercing the stopper and I don't find the dulling noticeable.
I also think there is slightly more chance of contamination when backloading because the stopper and syringe are exposed to the open air.

Do you guys backload hCG too?

My hcg comes in amps, so I mix it all now and pre-load 10 slins. Needle doesn't puncture anything so they're all sharp and ready to go!

Hello,

So even with slin injections, should sites be rotated? I would like to hit my quads, but I'm wondering if there's a zone I should stay away from.

So even with slin injections, should sites be rotated? I would like to hit my quads, but I'm wondering if there's a zone I should stay away from.

Yes, you should rotate the injection site. You can inject any site that as less than 1/2 inch of fat, many time you can apply enough pressure to inject into the muscle even if there is a little fat there.

Back