Diet on cycle. Need Help/opinons

PureBurl

Hey guys,

So I started my first cycle about 19 days ago. Test E 250mg Monday and Thursday. Gonna go somewhere between 12-15 weeks depending on how im feeling at that time. Ive gained around 8 pounds so far which I can only assume is water weight since the test hasn't really kicked in yet. I am taking an AI so that should be keeping the water weight controlled. Anyways....
My question is how much of a caloric surplus should I be in on a clean bulk to maximize gains. Im currently staying in a 200-250 caloric surplus. I know that everyone is different and reacts differently according to body type, metabolism, etc. I just don't feel like im eating enough, but I am in a surplus. What are your thoughts on the subject? Thank you

I try to keep the scale moving up thru the entire cycle. Controlled increase. As you progress it will take more n more cals. At the start it'll be easy.

And don't sweat the waist band increase. Once you get a handle on caloric control, dropping the bit of excess fat becomes easy

I try to keep the scale moving up thru the entire cycle. Controlled increase. As you progress it will take more n more cals. At the start it'll be easy.

And don't sweat the waist band increase. Once you get a handle on caloric control, dropping the bit of excess fat becomes easy

Thank you for your response. I realize I'll have to add on more cals when I'm not longer gaining of the current macros, which I'm happy about because I wanna eat more lol. I'm just wondering if I should be in more than a 200 to 250 caloric surplus. I want to get all the gains possible but I don't want to add unnecessary fat gain

High and welcome. Thanks for your post.

I'm sure the Nutrition experts will chime in here. What I have always done is eat basically all I can... LOL but I did. I'm an ectomorph of a serious type and when I was young I could eat ANYTHING I wanted ( not advised). I then would watch my weight gains while watching for too much water gains. With me I always would shoot for 4000 cals but usually was at 3500 cals

You are on the money with your weight gains. It's not a bad thing having a little water weight but keeping it low. To support that just think of what all synergistic activity with the building / growing more muscle fibers. Yep ... a lot longer then 19 or 30 days even. I always have to tell you guys that a man can ONLY gain a max of 15-20 lbs a year ( 12-13) months.

SO that will equal somewhere in the range of 4-6 lbs of LEAN MUSCLE MASS on a 12-16 week cycle. I won't go into the details of this right now as I have on other threads. Just at this time believe me with that FACT. So this will in common sense give you an IDEA of what is real and what is not. You will automatically hold some glycogen and water within the muscle
but that is par for the course. Just a little explanation here :wavey:

As Old Duffer hit it when he said you can loose some water and fatty tissue later ... being carful of the fatty tissue.

Hope I shed some light at least here.

OMM

OMM

Last edited:
This is likely the best gaining time you will ever see. Like Mike said above.....eat eat eat :) Eat as much clean as you can. If you start gaining fat then maybe back off just a little. Can always lose a little fat later. Don't want to do anything to restrict your gains right now because they should be substantial. Good luck bro. Please let us know how it turns out....calories vs gains, when your done. Enjoy the ride bro

Back