Diet

ejones27

I know that my diet isn't what it should be because I'm not sure exactly what I should be eating. SOO, the only carbs that I consume are at breakfast. I have a bowl of whole grain organic Mini Wheats with 1% milk. The total carb count in the amount that I eat of the cereal is 88g, 10g of fiber. Then for the rest of the day, I only eat lean protien, fruits, and steamed veggies. (At lunch, dinner, and snacks inbetween) I stay away from sweets, foods that are high in sodium, and processed carbs and I drink TONS of water. I don't eat anything after dinner which is usually between 6-7pm. I would guess that my average calorie intake is around 1200-1300 a day. In the two weeks that I've been doing this, I've only lost 2 lbs! What am I doing wrong?

ejones27 said:
I know that my diet isn't what it should be because I'm not sure exactly what I should be eating. SOO, the only carbs that I consume are at breakfast. I have a bowl of whole grain organic Mini Wheats with 1% milk. The total carb count in the amount that I eat of the cereal is 88g, 10g of fiber. Then for the rest of the day, I only eat lean protien, fruits, and steamed veggies. (At lunch, dinner, and snacks inbetween) I stay away from sweets, foods that are high in sodium, and processed carbs and I drink TONS of water. I don't eat anything after dinner which is usually between 6-7pm. I would guess that my average calorie intake is around 1200-1300 a day. In the two weeks that I've been doing this, I've only lost 2 lbs! What am I doing wrong?
if thats a huge difference in calories compared to what you were eating before you may need to add a few calories . the body doesnt like huge/sudden calorie changes , it tends to panic and shut down the metabolism . also dont weight to often , being a woman makes it worse because water weight fluctuates so much , try weighing 1 time a month always 1st thing in the am on a empty stomach and without clothes , that way its consistent .

hey hey..

there are so many threads on dieting.. my first suggestion is search in this forum using the search function and see what you can come up with..
next, get a general idea of what type of diet is best suited for your needs ie: low carbs, carb cycling, high protein etc..

then when you have a better idea of what direction you would like to go, i can help you tweek it as will the other women here i'm sure.. :)

good luck
luv super

Back