DNP 2004 The Definitive Word?

Good stuff IF. Tons of good info as well as well-presented contrasting perspectives on this thread.

Keep it coming.........

Any other VETS have real world experience/ RESPONSIBLE comments?

needsize said:
I've used dnp myself a few times, only gone over 200mg a day once, and it wasnt necessary. It worked good for me, but only as part of a strict diet. I actually had dnp laying around when I did the contest diet, but I didnt want anyone saying I took the easy route to 4% bf so I refused to use them
bro there is no easy route to 4% bodyfat :D , seriously im proud of you for what you accomplished but it would not have mattered to 99% of us whether you used dnp to shred up or not . dnp is a valuable tool available to us just like anabolics,clen,t3,growth,etc. . its kind of ironic to me that we never bat a eye at the dozens of insulin or diueretic threads that pop up in the forums but all hell breaks loose when dnp is mentioned . insulin and diueretics are just as deadly as dnp maybe even more so but they are more " ACCEPTED " by our community than dnp . bottom line IN MY OPINION low dose dnp in the 200-400 mg of powder a day dose range COMBINED with a well thought meal plan is one of the most effective if not the most effective weight loss options we have . the key to dnp is to remember that a little goes a long way , to many people dont see the pounds melting off of them and panic so the keep upping the dose not waiting for the dnp to do its job and more often not realizing that the scale isnt moving like it should because they are holding a lot of water that wont leave until several days after they stop dnp

SofaGeorge, ironfist, and DADAWG nice addition to this thread. Bump for our night crew to read.

Drveejay11 said:
DNP "prevents" the synthesis of ATP in mitochondria. It does not interfere with the passage of electrons down the electron transport chain to oxygen, but it shuttles protons across a membrane.......preventing ATP synthesis.

ATP synthesis requires a proton gradient across the inner membrane of the mitochondria. DNP (an uncoupler) releases the gradient by shuttling protons across the membrane and thus preventing ATP from being made.

This is obviously a very effective means of depleating ATP. WHY would you want to replace WHAT DNP is succesfully undoing by keeping ATP a plentiful resource?

I respect you a lot because I can see myself in your post.. I was right there with the same questions as you.... and not so long ago..

Here is what I believe to be correct..

DNP does NOT prevent ATP synthesis. In vitro, sure.. However, in vivo is another story. If you measure ATP levels in cell culture before and after adding DNP, you will see ATP fall dramatically as the cells die. This is not what happens in real life though. The biochemistry texts from which you are drawing a lot of your information are based on in vitro observations, not in vivo. In reality, DNP doesn't change ATP concentrations that much. It only makes the process of producing ATP more inefficient.

Also- upon digestion, fructose is first converted in the liver to glucose via gluconeogenesis, and then exported to the brain... This is how it 'helps'

Andy

Interesting posts guys...thanks sofageorge, ironfist, ironmaster, needsize, dadawg, andy13.

As for gator's drinking while on dnp question, it's because alcohol will dehydrate you, which is a huge problem on dnp as it is. Very dangerous.

TxLonghorn said:
Interesting posts guys...thanks sofageorge, ironfist, ironmaster, needsize, dadawg, andy13.

As for gator's drinking while on dnp question, it's because alcohol will dehydrate you, which is a huge problem on dnp as it is. Very dangerous.

Thank u very much for addressing my question.
I see exactly the point now.

Gator

Andy13 said:
I respect you a lot because I can see myself in your post.. I was right there with the same questions as you.... and not so long ago..

Here is what I believe to be correct..

DNP does NOT prevent ATP synthesis. In vitro, sure.. However, in vivo is another story. If you measure ATP levels in cell culture before and after adding DNP, you will see ATP fall dramatically as the cells die. This is not what happens in real life though. The biochemistry texts from which you are drawing a lot of your information are based on in vitro observations, not in vivo. In reality, DNP doesn't change ATP concentrations that much. It only makes the process of producing ATP more inefficient.

Also- upon digestion, fructose is first converted in the liver to glucose via gluconeogenesis, and then exported to the brain... This is how it 'helps'

Andy

:( Thank you Andy for responding to my "perspective"; I obviously was reasoning thru it incorrectly. As sad as it is, I'll admit that I simply FORGOT that fructose is also converted into glucose: (from some text)Fructose > fructose-1-phosphate > glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate >(by the enzyme aldolase) fructose-1,6-bisphosphate > fructose-6-phosphate > glucose. HENCE, part of my overall mis-interpretation of DNP/ATP inhibition vs inefficient conversion. :(

Andy for Prez :)

Last edited:
TxLonghorn said:

WTF am I...chop liver?

HATER!!! :mad:

J/K.............LOL............:69: ..........:p

"The observations that DNP increased the stability of p53 worries me some. As you know, when p53 is induced, it is usually a pretty good indicator that something is wrong in the cell. Although there are exceptions, increased p53 stability almost always means that DNA damage has occured. At miniimum, DNA synthesis will come to a scretching hault while repair machinery is activated. Or, cell death will occur." (quote from andy13)

Anyone have anything further on this point? Andy?

ironmaster said:
"The observations that DNP increased the stability of p53 worries me some. As you know, when p53 is induced, it is usually a pretty good indicator that something is wrong in the cell. Although there are exceptions, increased p53 stability almost always means that DNA damage has occured. At miniimum, DNA synthesis will come to a scretching hault while repair machinery is activated. Or, cell death will occur." (quote from andy13)

Anyone have anything further on this point? Andy?

Wow......I'm really losed on this one ironmaster. P53? Please help the simple common folk understand this better. Bump for the gurus!:)

This would contradict the notion that DNP is anti-catabolic.......or worse, could be an indicator of DNA damage.

ironmaster said:
This would contradict the notion that DNP is anti-catabolic.......or worse, could be an indicator of DNA damage.

DNA damage? I've heard of possible DNA damage but just thought it was a folk story. Please feel us in gurus as this might determine DNP to be every bit as harmful as mentioned in several posts.

"DNA damage? I've heard of possible DNA damage but just thought it was a folk story."

I've heard the same thing and thought the same as well.

Could anyone expound this "story"?

I'd hate to see in 5 years all the bb'ing communities kids with with gross abnormalities. That would not be good at all!

Thanks

jasonv said:
"DNA damage? I've heard of possible DNA damage but just thought it was a folk story."

I've heard the same thing and thought the same as well.

Could anyone expound this "story"?

I'd hate to see in 5 years all the bb'ing communities kids with with gross abnormalities. That would not be good at all!

Thanks
i personally know people who took dnp five years ago and they still only have 2 arms and legs . that doesnt mean dnp is harmless but i doubt that using a moderate dose of dnp a time or two will significantly damage your body.

yeah i'm pretty sure we're closing up shop in the kids dept too. but there is a small chance she'll want another.....

Back