Do I have a case for Dr prescribed testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) ?

gumbo

Imagine no liberals
Do I have a case for Dr prescribed TRT ?

Background:

36 years old
5'10", 215
12-15% bodyfat (I really don't know, this is just a guess.)

I haven't used any gear/prohormones in the past 4 years.

My last three blood tests with my primary doctor (36 month period) showed an average of the following for testosterone (and free):

329 (7.9) <----August '06
359 (8.1) <----July '07
408 (8.6) <----August '08

Within the past couple years, I have met with a doctor at an "anti-aging" clinic a couple times and was going to go on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), but decided against it due to cost. I am trying to build a case with my Primary Care doctor so I can get my health insurance to cover it.

Without doing anything drastic to shut myself down, do I even have a case? I requested another blood test for next week and will have a follow up with my doc.

Thanks.........

With numbers in the high 300's and low 400's your right about average for your age...so probably not. My advise...get your bloodwork as late in the day as possible.

That's what I thought....not low enough. I'll try to have it done just before closing.

Thanks.....

if you want to MAKE it low.. do a cycle and then go cold turkey for about 4 weeks THEN get your blood work. your test levels will be VERY LOW.

if you want to MAKE it low.. do a cycle and then go cold turkey for about 4 weeks THEN get your blood work. your test levels will be VERY LOW.

i am going to have to say this works...thats about how long after a cycle until i went in, and my test was LOW. so if you are scamming some test, that would be the way. if you were legitimately low, it wouldnt matter

This is a good way for your numbers to be 0. 0 would raise a lot of questions though, and not get you testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), but rather find out why you are completely shutdown. This all depends on the cycle though. And by doing this you would lose all gains from your cycle.

Dont do that - you may open a can of worms. About 7 years ago that happened to me. They shipped me off for brain scans thinking I had a tumor on my pituitary.

If you are going to do HRT and want to work within the parameters of you health insurance to do so, I suggest you skip your primary care physician and go to a urologist.

First, based on my experience, most PCP lack the knowledge to really help you in the domian of HRT. Sure, they might prescribe test injection once a week but most know nothing about AIs, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), 5-AR inhibitors, ect.

Most PCP will say, "Hey you are in the normal range" and call it a day.

The fact is, I had to go to a urologist and build my case based on my individual history. My numbers were 579 ng/dl (total) back in March when I started HRT. I explained to my urologist that although I was in the "normal" range for a 40 year old male, I am not "normal." I never have been and don't want to be.

Fact is, most "normal" folks never achieve physically or mentally at a level anywhere close to what I am accustom.

I clearly explained my goals and desires and backed it up with peer-reviewed publish medical research in a PowerPoint presentation which I ran him through on my Netbook.

Long story short, my urlogist replied "You are clearly the most knowledgeable patient with whom I've every consulted. Let's go ahead and try this, monitor it closely, and see how you feel."

I started that day on 200 mgs of Test E a week. We have added Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) to my 5-AR.

I feel fantasitc again. Killing it in the gym and my focus and mental agility is back were it belongs.

So, that's my suggesting and the reasons for it.

Regards.

Back