Do normal people stay on year round? Is it worth it?

MJF

WWPBBD
Do people outside the competitive bodybuilding, power lifting, etc community stay on year round? Not talking about blast and cruise, but rather cycle dosage all the time? Aside from the negative health effects, I'm wondering if this is effective. I personally make decent gains quick on cycle, but seem to stall around week 8-10 or so. Of course my longest cycle yet has been 12 weeks, with the current being the longest at 16 weeks (8 weeks in now).

It's possible for me that going on cycle is a motivation that I look forward to from te time I end the last one so I hit it extremely hard in the gym for 8 weeks, then start to just feel burned out because I know my longer acting esters are just starting to kick in nicely around the time I start to feel like I'm not gaining any longer. Also, having 5 or 6 cycles under my belt now, I tend to kick start them with something. D-bol or this cycle, tren. Maybe it's the quick water gains I see from d-bol followed by the hardening and shredding water weight finishing out the cycle that make me feel stalled.

I went a little long and off topic, but what are your thoughts on longer or year round high doses?

Yes some do...but it's stupid if you ask me. I have some friends who are 270lbs ripped and they consider 500mg their cruise dose. There's really no reason to put that stress on your body unless you're making a living off your size and physique. Even guys that size can cruise on 200mg and not have to worry about losing size between blasts.

If you're comitted to blasting and cruising for life, and you get regular blood work etc etc....you can run longer cycles. My last run was just over 6 months. After that time I knew it was time to come off. My body was giving me all the signals of adrenal fatigue, and stress. I was tired all the time, I was always winded, and I just started to feel crappy. My new strategy is going to be 8 on 8 off. 8 weeks of high dose short esters followed by 8 weeks off.

i like longer cycles (16ish weeks) but i wouldent go year round.. atleast take couple months breaks here and there at an HRTish dose of test (like 200mg ew) also you can always swap something out mid cycle or add something in. maybe add 8 weeks of NPP or mast, maybe an oral for a few weeks etc. while running your test.
I prefer test cycles with a little deca and can be happy with just that for the 14-16wk stretch, no complaints, i keep it simple now and love it.
might add a few weeks of oral at end of my current cycle when i recomp a bit at end as i go back to hrt and spring is ending .

I have been thinking the same thing. Now that I've tried tren ace and decided the sides aren't bad for me, I've been considering the shorter ester blasts. Tren ace, test prop. Looking at npp too, but I believe some people advise against npp and tren together. It's something I'm still researching and trying find the right answers to before purchasing the next cycle.

I have been thinking the same thing. Now that I've tried tren ace and decided the sides aren't bad for me, I've been considering the shorter ester blasts. Tren ace, test prop. Looking at npp too, but I believe some people advise against npp and tren together. It's something I'm still researching and trying find the right answers to before purchasing the next cycle.

The two together are totally doable as long as you have experience with both and understand how they work and how to manage side effects. I have only heard amazing things about combining the two. I will be doing so next winter when I pack on the lbs again. I would only recommend this combo to experienced users.

I can't imagine going full blast all the time. It just puts too much stress on the body's organs. Even mentally it can become exhausting.

I can't imagine going full blast all the time. It just puts too much stress on the body's organs. Even mentally it can become exhausting.

That's what I was thinking. Like halfwit said about tren, you just get o where you dread that next injection (I'm paraphrasing). Not the injection, more the thought of continuing.

I don't keep logs and can admit I made a mistake or two on cycle 2 and maybe 3, but at the end, I was ready for it to be over. Does the gear become "less effective" after longer periods of use though?

If bloods continue to look good, and you're willing to get the heart checked regularly, you *can* go for longer periods of time. You have to incorporate deloads (light weight weeks at same volume) and ensure that you're always listening to your body.

I can't personally see how folks are able to maintain high blasts for a year without injuries though. Assuming that the CNS and organs are holding together just fine, tendons and ligaments will start to deteriorate, which I suppose a larger dose of HGH could assist with - but to what ends?

We all have a goal in our minds, but it will always come back to risk vs reward. Once the scales tip out of our favor, it's just time to take a step back and reassess things. I've gone for much longer than I should have, and my body screams at me to stop eventually. Luckily, I listen, or I'd be under the knife again - which is NOOOO fun.

My .02c :)

Whats normal? A lot of guys do.Those are the guys who go on trt early in life.

It's best to run a cycle, then pct. Then take time off equal to time on plus pct so HPTA can recover.

I stayed on from my first cycle for four years straight, until I landed in the hospital with really thick blood and an enlarged heart. Docs said it was a virus but I'm gonna say I learned my lesson to do cycles and not blast at 2 g's 6mos at a time.

Oh yeah, and my natty test levels are 98. Trt for life at 38....

Were all gonna die so may as well be a saveage and train like a mother fucker lol i cruise for 2 months max now because i have competitions but my bloodwork still looks pretty healthy. Im almost at a month in my cruise ginna get bloodwork from my doctor soon

i actually have a question related to the question made by OP concerning staying on trt test levels year around. since i'm essentially committed to go on trt at some point in my life ( not even for body building reasons alone, i mean i just like to have that super human test level in me at all times, makes me feel really good, i don't know why everyone juest doesen't do it at some point in theyr lives, even if they don't lift. i mean they don't like be young and strong,hormone wise, after 35-40 years old? sounds stupid to me to just accept decay like that )

ANYWAY to my question, i would actually jump on trt right NOW if it wasen't for ONE major problem i have with it at this point in my life, wich is sterility. i just wan't to have at least a children in my life at some point when i hve found the right girl, so i would like to keep my balls perfectly functional in a natural way untill i have at least a son, so my question is how long does it actually TAKE for trt use of test to make you sterile for good? i mean irreversible sterilty. always wanted to know but i think it's better to directly ask this here, instead of opening a new thread just for this

Last edited:
To answer the question most of us are not normal

Lol, that's what I was going to say as soon as I opened this. Yeah I stay on year round, but I don't wanna be normal. During a fight my wife gave me the biggest compliment ever...'you need to get off that stuff, people can tell as soon as they look at your somethings not normal.'

Back